Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so it's my birthday in August and i'm looking for some opinions. I bought 2 dresses in Zara today because I couldn't decide on the spot between the two. Which do you think looks best?
    (NOTE - I added the belt to the 2nd. It was a bit shapeless without it)

I apologise for the fact I look a state, but i'd been traipsing round the Metrocentre since 9.30am, got attacked by a woman selling this horrendous mineral makeup and had an attack of the post-plait frizzies!

Any accessories ideas would also be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    dress A definently it looks really nice
    black strappy shoes with a small heel and gold jewllery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Ok, so it's my birthday in August and i'm looking for some opinions. I bought 2 dresses in Zara today because I couldn't decide on the spot between the two. Which do you think looks best?
    (NOTE - I added the belt to the 2nd. It was a bit shapeless without it)

I apologise for the fact I look a state, but i'd been traipsing round the Metrocentre since 9.30am, got attacked by a woman selling this horrendous mineral makeup and had an attack of the post-plait frizzies!

Any accessories ideas would also be greatly appreciated

I hate that woman who always tries to sell you make-up! Is it the one outside La Senza? The ones with the hair are equally as bad, they won't take 'no' for an answer.

On topic, I like the second dress better, it suits your figure more.

ReputationRep:
    I hate both, but the first one is slightly less vile.

ReputationRep:
    second is more flattering on you, the first does nothing for your figure

ReputationRep:
    First one - go with black heels (height depends on what you'll be doing) and gold/wooden bangles with a small black clutch have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I hate that woman who always tries to sell you make-up! Is it the one outside La Senza? The ones with the hair are equally as bad, they won't take 'no' for an answer.

On topic, I like the second dress better, it suits your figure more.
    Yeah that's them! Some ridiculously overpriced mineral makeup people...claiming it's all organic as well - since when was Titanium dioxide organic? It sure doesn't sound it!

Not to mention the fact she didn't even ask me if I was prepared to let her take my makeup off to try this stuff out on me. I had half a face of good quality, well applied MAC, and another half of this rubbishy mineral stuff that I would never have paid £20 for. I literally bee-lined for MAC in my bag!

I'm completely torn - the first is way more comfortable round the neck, but i've never really been a fan of drop waists (not really clear on the pic) and wanted something a bit more stand out for my birthday. The second is a bit of a bugger for looking shapeless at the wrong angle, and i'll need to replace that belt as it's too big (and the bit that's gone through the buckle is held by a black plaiting band).

Hmmmm. The first would be more fun to accessorise...argh im not sure

ReputationRep:
    First one looks best. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I don't particularly like either... But the 1st is the better of the two :O)

ReputationRep:
    Dress A.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the 1st one. You look cute in the second one but i think it makes you look younger. The first one has a nice halter neck and very cute but sassy. 1st one definitely <3

ReputationRep:
    Dress A.
    Definately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Yeah that's them! Some ridiculously overpriced mineral makeup people...claiming it's all organic as well - since when was Titanium dioxide organic? It sure doesn't sound it!

Not to mention the fact she didn't even ask me if I was prepared to let her take my makeup off to try this stuff out on me. I had half a face of good quality, well applied MAC, and another half of this rubbishy mineral stuff that I would never have paid £20 for. I literally bee-lined for MAC in my bag!

I used to work in the metro and if I was early I'd go round the shops for a bit and everytime I went past they used to try to coerce me into trying their crappy stuff, I just either ignored them or said 'No Thankyou' in an irritated tone.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and for anyone wanting to recommend heels - i'm 5'11 without them so nothing over 4in high please! Not to mention all my friends are shorter than me, and I don't want to give people a complex about their height.

Oh, and i'm having a meal then going clubbing. If that helps people choose

ReputationRep:
    Neither, they just arent flattering.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I'm not sure if its just the picture but the black dress looks a bit..see through in places. I'm in the minority here but I prefer the second one.

ReputationRep:
    oh and maybe some strappy black shoes with just a silver bangle or watch and maybe something silver in your hair
    <3

ReputationRep:
    The first one accentuates your hips too much, hence making you look kind of chubbier in general.

The second dress is better IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    Also, I'm not sure if its just the picture but the black dress looks a bit..see through in places. I'm in the minority here but I prefer the second one.
    It's a pretty flimsy fabric, but it's probably more to do with the fact i have a nude strapless on as opposed to a black one, and the strength of my flash.

My mum seems to think I should go quite bold accessorising the first one - lots of colour. I'm not sure though.

I'm just happy 2 dresses are actually long enough for me - I went into lipsy and their dresses were just depressingly short! One disadvantage of being 5'11

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the shape of dress B but the print is a bit much.
    So either a block colour version or a nicer patterned version of dress B me thinks..

Oh and hope you have a good birthday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.