Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    It's a pretty flimsy fabric, but it's probably more to do with the fact i have a nude strapless on as opposed to a black one, and the strength of my flash.

My mum seems to think I should go quite bold accessorising the first one - lots of colour. I'm not sure though.

I'm just happy 2 dresses are actually long enough for me - I went into lipsy and their dresses were just depressingly short! One disadvantage of being 5'11
    Hah, well I'm at the complete opposite of the scale at around 5ft, believe me there are many problems with that as well.

On a side note, you look gorgeous in your profile picture, your skin is flawless and your make-up is lovely. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The second one suits your figure but is a bit busy...the first one isn't as flattering and too plain lol.

ReputationRep:
    Neither of them do your figure any justice at all. Totally unflatteringly high necklines rarely look good on anyone.

I'd be tempted to try on a few different styles of dresses instead and buy a new one.

ReputationRep:
    Prefer the belt in dress B, shows off your shape more. But the pattern is a bit much and i prefer the black in dress A
    To be honest you could buy a far more flattering dress for your shape. I'd recommend something strapless, sinched in at the waist and maybe has a belt.
    If you want a short dress and like patterns why not something more like this? Would be a better shape. http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/...6761&langId=-1
    http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/...4576&langId=-1
    Have great bday!

ReputationRep:
    I like the first one.

ReputationRep:
    The first one.

ReputationRep:
    Black one definitely. You look really beautiful

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone I was really leaning for the dots when I tried them on in the shop, but now, thinking about it, the black would probably be better for clubbing and stuff. Either way i'll find a use for both - I can't take them back now as i've taken the tags off! (Well, the tag came off the black)

I think the dots are probably a bit overdone for clubbing too. I'm not sure...I have til the 29th of August (big 1 8 on the 27th!) to think about it - and looking young won't be an issue as i'll finally have ID

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    It's a pretty flimsy fabric, but it's probably more to do with the fact i have a nude strapless on as opposed to a black one, and the strength of my flash.

My mum seems to think I should go quite bold accessorising the first one - lots of colour. I'm not sure though.

I'm just happy 2 dresses are actually long enough for me - I went into lipsy and their dresses were just depressingly short! One disadvantage of being 5'11
    Your birthday, pictures will be taken of you :P
    Ps.. Black bra needed too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Neither of them do your figure any justice at all. Totally unflatteringly high necklines rarely look good on anyone.
    This.

Don't you have anything that doesn't actually touch your neck?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)

If your that tall you might want to consider getting a dress that is closer reaching to your knee if your putting heels with it, I'm tall for a girl 5''9 and I feel sometimes i can be a bit TOO leggy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    Ps.. Black bra needed too.
    I'm working on it! I need a new strapless anyways, the one i've had has gone very weird and lumpy :confused: Must go through La Senza a bit more thoroughly in future! I was in there today and bought a new set, but didnt think about the see-through factor til I got the dress home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Ok, so it's my birthday in August and i'm looking for some opinions. I bought 2 dresses in Zara today because I couldn't decide on the spot between the two. Which do you think looks best?
    (NOTE - I added the belt to the 2nd. It was a bit shapeless without it)

I apologise for the fact I look a state, but i'd been traipsing round the Metrocentre since 9.30am, got attacked by a woman selling this horrendous mineral makeup and had an attack of the post-plait frizzies!

Any accessories ideas would also be greatly appreciated
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I actually really like the second one and it is loads more flattering than the first. I don't really like the first one at all it makes you look frumpy

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say it but I think you could look so much nicer in something else. You have a lovely figure and I'm not sure either dress makes the most of it. I think that these dresses might look nicer
    http://www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/prod...ess/3170063001 with some gorgeous gold accessories
    or
    http://www.oasis-stores.com/fcp/prod...ift/5550014400 with a black waist belt
    or
    http://www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/produ...nt-dress/12454

ReputationRep:
    The first one. Aww, you have a lovely smile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    I'm completely torn - the first is way more comfortable round the neck, but i've never really been a fan of drop waists (not really clear on the pic) and wanted something a bit more stand out for my birthday. The second is a bit of a bugger for looking shapeless at the wrong angle, and i'll need to replace that belt as it's too big (and the bit that's gone through the buckle is held by a black plaiting band).

Hmmmm. The first would be more fun to accessorise...argh im not sure
    Sounds like you should bin both and start again. You have a few weeks left yet so don't stick if you're not sure and feel mingy for your birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Ok, so it's my birthday in August and i'm looking for some opinions. I bought 2 dresses in Zara today because I couldn't decide on the spot between the two. Which do you think looks best?

I apologise for the fact I look a state, but i'd been traipsing round the Metrocentre since 9.30am, got attacked by a woman selling this horrendous mineral makeup and had an attack of the post-plait frizzies!

the black dress looks better however the other one gives you more of a figure, if you wore a black belt or something with the black dress should help,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)

Neither do anything for your fab figure!!!

I would suggest a dress shaped like this: http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...8636&langId=-1
    for your figure

But if you don't want to have to buy another dress, I would say dress 1

P.S. Happy Birthday
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't like either of them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.