Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If im completely honest and sorry for sayin this but neither they just dont flatter you that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    the black dress looks better however the other one gives you more of a figure, if you wore a black belt or something with the black dress should help,
    The black dress has a drop waist, wearing a belt would be too OTT and fuss things up. It has some ruffle detail to the front of the skirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Ok, so it's my birthday in August and i'm looking for some opinions. I bought 2 dresses in Zara today because I couldn't decide on the spot between the two. Which do you think looks best?
    (NOTE - I added the belt to the 2nd. It was a bit shapeless without it)
    You should add a poll, OP.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I think they're both hideous

The black one is slightly better.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the black! But since you're birthday is still a while away, I would keep an eye out in case anything else grabs you!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the input everyone - even if you don't like them! I don't think the pictures do them any justice though. They are much nicer in the flesh. And I look minging in the pics haha

For those of you suggesting I go out and buy other dresses. Thanks, but I really can't afford to. I'm trying to save for uni, or invest in stuff I will use a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aura1947)
    The first one accentuates your hips too much, hence making you look kind of chubbier in general.

The second dress is better IMO.
    :ditto:

The second one is more flattering and could work well if you make your hair all lovely and dressed up :king2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like either, why the high neck?

ReputationRep:
    You can return them without the labels - I have done it many times as long as I have provided a reciept or you can get an exchange instead.

You are really pretty - and you look lovely in your profile pic but I seriously do not think those dresses look that great tbh. However if you are really really stuck then I would go for the black one and do something different with your hair maybe putting it up, and wearing high heels or maybe you can wear leggings with the black dress? this is just a suggestion feel free to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    A if you have to pic from either

ReputationRep:
    I vote for the second one.

Black heels and black bangles, eyes made up dark.

Oh yes.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the first one. I really don't like the second.

ReputationRep:
    First one!

ReputationRep:
    the black one

ReputationRep:
    The eyes will be dark and the hair straight (and most likely down - i'm conscious of how broad my shoulders are), that's like my uniform for a night out.

The high neck is slightly better than gaping low cut or strapless stuff. I'm very flat chested so I find low cut stuff a nightmare and strapless dresses are the enemy (especially as I like to dance quite, erm, energetically after a few drinks haha)

ReputationRep:
    Second! You look lovely, also a pale pink or green or blue would look lovely on you !

ReputationRep:
    The first one.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the shape of the second one. The drop waist on the first one makes it look a bit frumpy.

ReputationRep:
    the first. I hate the second, sorry, but the first looks good on you !

ReputationRep:
    Quite a difference of opinion isn't there? haha.

Thanks for all the help though, it's much appreciated even if you're pretty divided over it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.