Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)

I apologise for the fact I look a state, but i'd been traipsing round the Metrocentre since 9.30am, got attacked by a woman selling this horrendous mineral makeup and had an attack of the post-plait frizzies!

Any accessories ideas would also be greatly appreciated
    I prefer the second one, it's more flattering

Sales people ALWAYS approach me, maybe I give off a image of someone gullible who will buy whatever crap they're selling? But yeah I always end up leaving with their leaflet because I'd feel mean if I refused it lol

ReputationRep:
    I think that the second one suits you a lot more. I would go for a thicker black belt though to break it up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    A A A A A

ReputationRep:
    Both hideous.

You should find a dress that has a scoop in the neck, this will elongate your neck, at the moment it looks like you haven't got one.

Sorry for the abruptness, but I always try and tell it is when it comes to clothing.

ReputationRep:
    First one definitely looks better on you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't particularly like either of them. The style doesn't really flatter you. It makes you seem like you have no neck and it just looks strange. I'd try different cuts and such. Try a strapless or something.

ReputationRep:
    the second one definitely suits your figure!

ReputationRep:
    I would go with A :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachykeen09)
    I don't particularly like either of them. The style doesn't really flatter you. It makes you seem like you have no neck and it just looks strange. I'd try different cuts and such. Try a strapless or something.
    I'm avoiding strapless like the plague because of my inability to find a good strapless or multiway bra. At least with those i can do clear halter straps. Thanks for the advice though

ReputationRep:
    Considering you're broad shouldered, I would say stay well away from strapless.
    You want something with thick straps, that pull the eyes inwards, rather than a strapless that focuses on your shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean about the th elength. Its really irritating.
    But yh defo say the black one, with maybe a little heel.
    Although if it was me, i'd wear flats. I'm 5ft 11 too so i hate towering over everyone - specially seeing as my bf is my height!
    But yh usually, i'd say loads of colour is great but defo say keep it simple.
    Just a little silver jewwllery or/and hair thing would be perfect.
    Have a goodun
    <3

ReputationRep:
    I would wear the second dress with black tights and patent black heels.

ReputationRep:
    If I had a knife to my throat I guess I'd choose option 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunge)
    Both hideous.

You should find a dress that has a scoop in the neck, this will elongate your neck, at the moment it looks like you haven't got one.

Sorry for the abruptness, but I always try and tell it is when it comes to clothing.
    This.

The dresses are OK and they look good on, but I think a different cut would suit you better.

ReputationRep:
    the first one and accessorise it loads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley:))
    the first one and accessorise it loads!
    I'm thinking electric blue/silver, as I love my bold makeup and did something very nice with blue and silver last night messing round with new stuff.

Now I have to find a nice pair of heels - I like a decent heel but nothing too massive, which stresses me when places like ASOS only seem to have 5in+, which would make me about 6'4 and upwards! :eek: That's absolutely ridiculous when one of my friends coming out is about 5'5 in the biggest heels you can find! I don't want to be a foot taller than my mates

I'm definitely leaning more for the black one, the second one just would not be comfortable enough for a very long, probably drunken night clubbing in newcastle on a bank holiday weekend! I've got plenty of places to wear it though, such as smarter meals out, family do's and the like.

ReputationRep:
    Black one, you look good in it.

ReputationRep:
    Dress 2 by far

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.