Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I want to do this next Summer -but when I went to order a brochure, under the "Skills and qualifications" section - you are required to select a skill you are qualified in - but I'm not qualified in any of those on the list and it won't let you send the brochure request without clicking on something .
    So my question is, do you have to have to be qualified in things like watersking, archery etc?:confused:

    It means something you could theoretically teach, you do not need an actual qualification in terms of having done a course and you're now an official teacher. Therefore as long as you have the ability to teach something, it comes under the heading of qualified by camp terms. Obviously if you do happen to be a real waterskiing teacher in your spare time then that's amazing and they'll love it, but for things such as this CA and camps acknowledge that in general, people are not usually qualified teachers at it!

    When you apply you need to pick 3 specialist skills from a list of around 50 or so, then give examples of how you're skilled at them. So this can just be interests as well - I had environmental education, foreign languages and swimming. Then you have to fill in the rest of the skills with a 1 if you have any knowledge in it at all (ue: you've been water skiiing once) and then 2 if you'd be able to assist with the teaching but not fully confident and then 3 for something you'd be happy to attempt to teach. I say attempt, as again they know that you might never have taught water skiing before! But there are also skills such as arts and crafts, team games, camp outs and things which are less "technical/specialist" than waterskiing.

    To be fair most people when applying don't have that much skill in an area. Just be very positive with the experiences you have done, oxy's advice above is good!

    Good luck


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.