Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Specifically, I want to ask about kettles. Im quite a fan for the hot drinks and I dnt think I can be bothered walking to the kitchen everytime i want a drink... i bring a teapot full of drink up to my room at home... lol (lazy)

Ive been reading in threads from previous years and have been getting mixed answers. some say yes and some say defo no, and some say depends on how sensitive the fire alarms are... (if i put it beneath the window, all the steam can escape )

So can someone give me an exact answer?? i dnt want to buy a kettle over the summer and then find out i cnt use it!

thanks a bunch!

ReputationRep:
    Thermos ain't good enough for you?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It might help if we knew specifically what halls you were staying in? They all have different rules, some are less strict than others, some have notoriously sensitive fire alams.

ReputationRep:
    No offense but do you really have the cash spare to buy loads of hot drinks?

I had a small kettle and toaster in my room although it was against hall policy - that was in Grosvenor Place. Others had microwaves and small fridges in their rooms. Nobody actually checks your rooms - or they didn't in Grosvenor - so as long as you don't burn the place down I don't think anyone cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornford4)
    No offense but do you really have the cash spare to buy loads of hot drinks?
    Because tea bags and hot water and so expensive? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Because tea bags and hot water and so expensive? :p:
    Yeah the prices are extortionate these days:p:

Just the extra expense could be used elsewhere but it's up tp you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.