Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New house, double bed - duvet cover help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey :p:
    Moving in September into a house with friends at Uni and I'm going to be having a double bed, first time ever and I'm slightly excited... :rolleyes:

I've been looking at duvet sets on Amazon, and I've found something which I think looks good and will go well with my room. Thing is, the material is "100% Polyester Brushed Satin" - what does that actually feel like?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Galaxy-Duvet...00176&sr=1-143

If anyone knows if it feels smooth/nice/bit dodgy then let me know :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    Hey :p:
    Moving in September into a house with friends at Uni and I'm going to be having a double bed, first time ever and I'm slightly excited... :rolleyes:

I've been looking at duvet sets on Amazon, and I've found something which I think looks good and will go well with my room. Thing is, the material is "100% Polyester Brushed Satin" - what does that actually feel like?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Galaxy-Duvet...00176&sr=1-143

If anyone knows if it feels smooth/nice/bit dodgy then let me know :p:
    You might be best going to the retail park and find what YOU like the feel of, once you know the type of material you could then buy of the internet.

ReputationRep:
    satin has a tendency to slide off the bed quite easily, not sure about polyester brushed satin, might be the same thing not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the shop and feel for yourself.
    Ordering things like that of the internet without feeling and seeing it in real life is lazy

ReputationRep:
    How about ordering it, and if you don't like the feel of it, send it back.
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Go to the shop and feel for yourself.
    Ordering things like that of the internet without feeling and seeing it in real life is lazy
    Living in the middle of nowhere with no car - it's not always the most covienient.

ReputationRep:
    You know what's great? King-size duvets on double beds. Satin covers sound quite nice but I always think cotton is the most comfortable. Check the returns policy, and just return if you're not a fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    You know what's great? King-size duvets on double beds. Satin covers sound quite nice but I always think cotton is the most comfortable. Check the returns policy, and just return if you're not a fan.
    I have a king size duvet on a small double bed Its sooo cosy! and you can roll it up and lean against it to watch tv...like a sofa! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    It'll make you hot and sweaty - it's brushed satin. Satin is noooot a good fabric for bedding imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    I have a king size duvet on a small double bed Its sooo cosy! and you can roll it up and lean against it to watch tv...like a sofa!
    I do too (well, at Uni). I've never thought of doing the sofa thing! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    It'll make you hot and sweaty - it's brushed satin. Satin is noooot a good fabric for bedding imo.
    That's a fair point, actually. It'd be horrid in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I do too (well, at Uni). I've never thought of doing the sofa thing! :yy:
    :yy:

also, it gets it out of the way :tongue: since sometimes it does seem like its taking over!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.