The Student Room Group
yes
Reply 2
haha@ your new sig jacket^^
Lawstude
haha@ your new sig jacket^^

:biggrin:
Reply 4
but im sure when you register with the solicitors regulation authority you need to write down if any criminal convictions, cautions or warnings? would a caution for theft or something affect your chances? - which was around 3years ago
You might need to get additional references testifying your suitability to be a solicitor and will have an earlier deadline for sending off your application, but you should be fine. Go to the SRA's website for more info
Reply 6
I've actually just sent off my application 2 weeks ago, and got a reply from the lawcabs stating that the institutions i applied for will get back to me in the next 2-3 weeks. when do I need to register with all this solicitors regulation authority stuff
Riz_K
I've actually just sent off my application 2 weeks ago, and got a reply from the lawcabs stating that the institutions i applied for will get back to me in the next 2-3 weeks. when do I need to register with all this solicitors regulation authority stuff

Do it ASAP
Reply 8
i stil havent received offers from the instituions i applied to.Lawcabs stated that they will get back to me in the next 2 weeks. Also, I missed 4 exams because I was ill and will be sitting them end of aug/early sep. What should I do about all this solicitors regulation authority stuff. I will get my full results around 10sep i presume -will this affect me getting on to the lpc
Go to the SRA's web-site and enrol as a student member ASAP. This is something distinct from getting a place on the LPC - the SRA is the regulatory body.

Don't know about the LPC stuff I'm afraid. If in doubt, ring up and ask.
Reply 10
Okay thanks I will enrol now. But in the LPC form - it just stated if i had any county court judgements or criminal convictions. Nothing mentioned about cautions.
Reply 11
Riz_K
Okay thanks I will enrol now. But in the LPC form - it just stated if i had any county court judgements or criminal convictions. Nothing mentioned about cautions.

As JP has explained, enrolling with a college for the LPC is different to becoming a student member of the SRA. The former is simply getting a place on an academic course, the latter is a matter of becoming a member of a professional association.

You need to take a good look at this website NOW and the deadlines it refers to:

http://www.sra.org.uk/students/student-enrolment.page

In particular, you should note the text which requires you to declare any criminal convictions including cautions. I don't know whether you're applying through the Central Applications Board but, if you are, then your deadline was 1 April.

In relation to suitability issues etc, this doc will help:

http://www.sra.org.uk/documents/students/student-enrolment/characterguide.pdf

Latest

Trending

Trending