Turn on thread page Beta

Cambridge And Nightlife..is It Existent? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Having lived in the city for all my life, I decided I wanted to goto the smallest, most backwards town possible. Hence, Cambridge!
    You think Cambridge is small and backwards?

Try living where I live at home! :rolleyes:

Ok, so there's not a world class university there (no university at all, in fact) but that is no nightlife; Cambridge is not even in the same league as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)

Has the junction got a different name that I don't know about or was it forgotten off the list earlier on?

Alaric.

The junction is where you go for easy underage girls :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    The junction is where you go for easy underage girls :eek3:
    It worries me you know that.

ReputationRep:
    The Rat and Parrot is a nice pub, and the Trinity College bar I checked out with a mate is quite swanky looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You think Cambridge is small and backwards?

Try living where I live at home! :rolleyes:

Ok, so there's not a world class university there (no university at all, in fact) but that is no nightlife; Cambridge is not even in the same league as that.
    Really? I just sort of thought "This is a square, and a road, and that's really about it." I suppose it beat Durham with the "this is just a hill with a castle on."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Really? I just sort of thought "This is a square, and a road, and that's really about it." I suppose it beat Durham with the "this is just a hill with a castle on."
    People from the city do amuse me sometimes. But then I amuse them :rolleyes: with my stupidity about some things. Cambridge is more than that, although I know it can seem like that's all there is to it (that's all the tourists see, anyway).

dazman - Trinity bar is alright, but I wasn't hugely impressed when I've been there. The good thing about college bars is that they are so much cheaper than town ones.

ReputationRep:
    Come to DeNiros in Newmarket sometime.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.