Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Safe rate to gain weight? Watch

What would be a safe rate for gaining weight?

I have gained roughly 17 kg in the past year, going from 70 kg to 87 kg.

So far I haven't encountered any stretch marks - how can I ensure that I won't encounter them at all?

I am 5.8 by the way and I am a guy.

ReputationRep:
    Duct tape a girl to your groin? That's at least 100lbs

ReputationRep:
    How did you manage to put over 2 stone in a year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Duct tape a girl to your groin? That's at least 100lbs
    Great for the winter months too. :p:

I am afraid that would be slightly inconvenient for both of us.

I am a gainer by the way, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_fetishism .

ReputationRep:
    Whatever floats, er... sinks your boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    It's not that difficult, if that's what you're trying to do...

(Original post by Ozy)
    Just a lot of junk food, bed time eating etc. No weight gain shakes or supplements though.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to put on any more weight; when you said you were 87kg, I thought you were trying to build up muscle and even if it were muscle I'd say it were too much unless you were about 6'4" or so. You're just going to make yourself; unfit, unhealthy, more prone to illnesses and conditions and if you want to lose the weight, it would take ages.

(Original post by alexpr2000)
    Why would you want to put on any more weight; when you said you were 87kg, I thought you were trying to build up muscle and even if it were muscle I'd say it were too much unless you were about 6'4" or so. You're just going to make yourself; unfit, unhealthy, more prone to illnesses and conditions and if you want to lose the weight, it would take ages.
    Yes, I am aware of that...but I didn't ask whether I should gain weight or not.

ReputationRep:
    Feederism

Is a term widely used to describe sexual relationships where both members obtain gratification from the gaining of body fat. Feederism refers to the acts of feeding, encouraging eating, or being served large quantities of food in order to achieve sexual pleasure from the act, or from the process of gaining weight, becoming fatter, and modifying the body.
    Several terms refer to the roles adopted within the culture;
    A feeder is an individual who feeds another person. A feedee may be characterized as an individual choosing to gain weight with the aid of a feeder. A gainer is similar to a feedee, but gainers generally seek to gain by their own hand- although they may welcome encouragement by an encourager. A maintainer is one sympathetic to the gaining community, who has intentionally or unintentionally put on weight and is happy to remain at that size, or is reluctant to gain more. An appreciator is a fat admirer in the gaining community who is not interested in either gaining or encouraging, but is content to appreciate what progress has been made by other individuals.
    In some circles, the terms "gainer" and "encourager" are viewed as homosexual terms, whereas "feeder" and "feedee" are viewed as their heterosexual synonyms. While this a common perception in the weight gain community, it is not a universal attitude, as many heterosexuals who are gaining weight of their own volition, without the aid of a feeder, generally characterize themselves as gainers rather than as feedees. It should also be noted that many participants in the community will use gainer and feedee interchangably. This is also true of feeder and encourager.

(Original post by SMed)
    Feederism

Is a term widely used to describe sexual relationships where both members obtain gratification from the gaining of body fat. Feederism refers to the acts of feeding, encouraging eating, or being served large quantities of food in order to achieve sexual pleasure from the act, or from the process of gaining weight, becoming fatter, and modifying the body.
    Several terms refer to the roles adopted within the culture;
    A feeder is an individual who feeds another person. A feedee may be characterized as an individual choosing to gain weight with the aid of a feeder. A gainer is similar to a feedee, but gainers generally seek to gain by their own hand- although they may welcome encouragement by an encourager. A maintainer is one sympathetic to the gaining community, who has intentionally or unintentionally put on weight and is happy to remain at that size, or is reluctant to gain more. An appreciator is a fat admirer in the gaining community who is not interested in either gaining or encouraging, but is content to appreciate what progress has been made by other individuals.
    In some circles, the terms "gainer" and "encourager" are viewed as homosexual terms, whereas "feeder" and "feedee" are viewed as their heterosexual synonyms. While this a common perception in the weight gain community, it is not a universal attitude, as many heterosexuals who are gaining weight of their own volition, without the aid of a feeder, generally characterize themselves as gainers rather than as feedees. It should also be noted that many participants in the community will use gainer and feedee interchangably. This is also true of feeder and encourager.
    Exactly...I am a gainer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilmorrison)
    It's not that difficult, if that's what you're trying to do...
    I am, but not in the way the OP is. I want to get to a healthy weight (I'm underweight) without getting fat. I'm eating 300g of protein in addition to my normal diet, but I'm still under 8st. I'll get there eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes, I am aware of that...but I didn't ask whether I should gain weight or not.
    Yeah, sorry bout that. I suppose if it's what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    I am, but not in the way the OP is. I want to get to a healthy weight (I'm underweight) without getting fat. I'm eating 300g of protein in addition to my normal diet, but I'm still under 8st. I'll get there eventually.
    the 300g of protein'll go straight through you unless you're doing some serious exercise.

ReputationRep:
    the 300g of protein'll go straight through you unless you're doing some serious exercise.
    Yeah, seems to be. I've put a bit of muscle, but not a lot. I don't have access to a full gym till uni in october though. That's when I hope to put on the most weight. I'm aiming for 10st.

ReputationRep:
    m = mass (kg) = weight/9.81...
    t = time in 1/c where c = speed of light
    dm/dt < (m/2 + m/3 + m/4 + m/5 + ... m/m-1 + 1) - m
    If you exceed this rate, you loose the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    You'll destroy your kidneys if you do that. At your weight you should be having no more than 100g of protein a day, and only that if you're working out hard in the gym. Excess protein will not be absorbed by your body and will be deaminated and removed by your kidneys. If you have loads of excess protein your kidneys will be put under severe stress and could well result in renal problems as you get older.

I'm a similar weight to you and I ensure that I get around 80g of protein a day. I've put on about 4kg in the past couple of months. The key is eating lots of calories in such a way that you get balanced amounts of fat, carbohyrdrate and protein. I also do quite a lot of gym work to build up an appetite and build muscle.

Remember though, taking in ridiculous amounts of protein won't help your muscles any more than taking the right amounts. Instead it'll just damage your kidneys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivisteiner)
    You'll destroy your kidneys if you do that. At your weight you should be having no more than 100g of protein a day, and only that if you're working out hard in the gym. Excess protein will not be absorbed by your body and will be deaminated and removed by your kidneys. If you have loads of excess protein your kidneys will be put under severe stress and could well result in renal problems as you get older.

I'm a similar weight to you and I ensure that I get around 80g of protein a day. I've put on about 4kg in the past couple of months. The key is eating lots of calories in such a way that you get balanced amounts of fat, carbohyrdrate and protein. I also do quite a lot of gym work to build up an appetite and build muscle.

Remember though, taking in ridiculous amounts of protein won't help your muscles any more than taking the right amounts. Instead it'll just damage your kidneys.
    Cheers for the heads up. That's kind of worrying. I've being doing this for about a month now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    Protein fail.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.