Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Safe rate to gain weight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    Cheers for the heads up. That's kind of worrying. I've being doing this for about a month now.
    A month means that probably the effects shouldn't be too bad. But if you continue to overdose on protein it will be bad,

http://chetday.com/kidneydisease.htm

If you have healthy kidneys, you can safely eat up to half of your body weight (in pounds) in grams per day. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, you can safely eat up to 75 grams of protein from whole foods per day.
    You weigh around 110 pounds, so you should be having less. Although around 75 grams would probably be fine if you were exercising and lifting weights to build muscle.

Sorry to reitirate my point, but its the best I can do to make sure that you look after your health. :yep:

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the rep.

What about me? >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozy)
    I am, but not in the way the OP is. I want to get to a healthy weight (I'm underweight) without getting fat. I'm eating 300g of protein in addition to my normal diet, but I'm still under 8st. I'll get there eventually.
    It's difficult to gain any weight without gaining fat... I went from 8.5 stone to 12.5 in five months and have now lost an additional 1.5 stone...

>_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    >_>
    Gaining any more weight than 87kg, especially seeing as you're not muscly is just going to damage your health. You should be losing weight. So no, its not safe for you to gain weight - especially fat.

(Original post by Vivisteiner)
    Gaining any more weight than 87kg, especially seeing as you're not muscly is just going to damage your health. You should be losing weight. So no, its not safe for you to gain weight - especially fat.
    I honestly don't care. I just want to avoid stretch marks - that's what I want help with.

ReputationRep:
    ^So you don't mind looking fat and out of shape but you do mind stretch marks?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.