Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hugh Grant attacks paparazzi - Your opinions? (video) Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uev0za7EjH4

Some of you have probably seen this before. This is a vid of Hugh walking down the street and grabs the paps camera and threatens to kill him. Ok, he was obv in a bad mood, but this is no way to treat somebody who is trying to earn money to live.

I'm guessing a lot of you are going to say 'the pap are scum' and so on, but this is a bit too far.

I think he made himself look like a ****. With fame, come the paparazzi, he's gotta live with it. If he doesn't like it, he chose the wrong career.

What are your views on this?

Oh and turn your speakers up, it's a bit quiet.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

I like him a little bit more now.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the cameraman need to film him when walking to the shops?

He should have taken that video/story to the papers if he wanted more sympathy

ReputationRep:
    In answer to your question, I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    I :heart: him for it!

ReputationRep:
    But the Pap ARE scum.

Respect the Huge Grant.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I dissagree with how paparazzi stalk people and invade their privacy but.. Hugh Grants a knob!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but he was only doing his job. Credit for standing up to him.

ReputationRep:
    "They should know better than to spy on wolverine!!!" (my quote isnt working properly -.-)

Hahaha! Hugh Jackman is Wolverine, Hugh Grant is the actor who seems to never step out of the rom com realm!!!!

Good on him though. Pap are scum, there's no need to follow him around the shops when he has asked him to **** off. I'd have punched him there and then.

ReputationRep:
    cant blame him

ReputationRep:
    without paps we have no heat magazine, i respect them

ReputationRep:
    Kill him.

ReputationRep:
    Paps are the scum of the earth and so are the craploids that they're pics are published in. Don't buy them or the crappy magazines.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! I like Hugh more now too.

Meh, so he was having a bad day. Big deal. He doesn't have the patience and tolerance of a saint.

ReputationRep:
    Looks a bit fake.

ReputationRep:
    Kudos Mr Grant!
    I get that it's just the paparazzi's job but seriously...he's just going to the shops. I'd get pissed off if I was followed by cameras doing my shopping, every day.
    Yeah actors should expect it to some extent, but I don't think it's right they should have their privacy invaded.
    Also the cameraman's giant 'OW!' was obviously fake/unnecessary.
    He kept following him after being spoken to, he should have taken the hint

ReputationRep:
    But this cameraman doesnt write the articles. What could've been done with those images? Front page news?

'Hugh grant does HIS OWN shopping'

He was filming to earn his living. He has every right to. Look at Lily Allen, she doesnt mind the pap, and is polite to them.

ReputationRep:
    AHAHAHA - this one is even better:

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit ****** how he's so snobbish and thinks he's better than him, saying that hr's worthless.

Although tbh, he probably is!

ReputationRep:
    That was awesome. He shouldn't have to tolerate some fat, balding prick snapshotting him when he goes to the shops or whatever. Good on him.

He's still a douche though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.