Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hugh Grant attacks paparazzi - Your opinions? (video) Watch

Doing your job isnt an excuse for stalking someone.

ReputationRep:
    Hugh's my favourite actor of all time, got lots of respect for him and I respect him even more for not taking this ****.

Talk about the pap "only doing it to make their living"... well Hugh makes movies for a living. The only difference is that it's them *stalking* him. If they gave him good press then he'd probably be more friendly, but these retards just like to take what they want and focus on how he's a bit of a playboy and whatever. The word 'parasites' comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    The real scum are the media moguls. They pay the paps naff all to terrorise celebrities. I feel sorry for the celebs having their privacy invaded, yes I do. But threatening to kill someone is a) illegal and b) below the atittude of the pap. It's not that easy for them to get another job in this climate, you know, whereas I doubt that thought has ever crossed Hugh Grant's mind.

ReputationRep:
    lol, the pap are scum.

ReputationRep:
    If someone followed me everywhere, constantly taking snaps, I would pull out their intestines and strangle them with it.

ReputationRep:
    He wanted to become an actor. Being an actor is not the same as being harrassed by a man with a massive camera. Imagine if for some reason the media suddenly wanted the papperazi to harass doctors or nurses for no other reason than they were good at their job. We wouldnt have it.

ReputationRep:
    Being a stalker doesn't count as a job.

I bet the camerman loved it anyway, sounded so fake at the end, trying to make out that Hugh Grant had stabbed him in the heart or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feral Beast)
    Isn't this just a part of the celebrity culture that he's bought into?

He surely gets enough pay to compensate a few snaps. Anybod should realise that as soon as you become a movie star, your privacy is severely compromised and you can't really go to the shops without having a photo taken of you?

Having said that Paparazzi are total scum who can't get proper jobs.

I'm undecided.
    Nobody can get a proper job these days. My old man's on the dole and hasn't had a comparable job to when he was made redundant from his (well paid) job at Sun in 2002.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing that Paparazzi actualy provoke the stars (seen them do it on Streets of Hollywood or something like that on E). I think the best course of action is to ignore them. Especially a relatively tame meeting that Hugh Grant had, even though incredible annoying.

i would have killed one by now if i was him, or any other person who is hounded by them

ReputationRep:
    Not a proper job? They're professional photographers.

ReputationRep:
    I like Hugh Grant, but I'd still have kicked him in the balls had he done anything remotely like that to me.

ReputationRep:
    Was that guy shouting in pain ??

Hugh Grant needs to accept these people are doing a job,

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly, he was spot on. Every word was right. I now like Hugh Grant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Was that guy shouting in pain ??

Hugh Grant needs to accept these people are doing a job,
    Are they hell. They're invading people's privacy and selling the spoils for worthless, uneducated morons to print in the News of the World, so that other uneducated morons can sit in their chairs and gossip about it. They are parasites on the already pathetic celebrity culture and should get themselves down the job centre and stop being such a waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiko 1001)
    Are they hell. They're invading people's privacy and selling the spoils for worthless, uneducated morons to print in the News of the World, so that other uneducated morons can sit in their chairs and gossip about it. They are parasites on the already pathetic celebrity culture and should get themselves down the job centre and stop being such a waste of space.
    Never read a newpaper or a magazine then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uev0za7EjH4

Some of you have probably seen this before. This is a vid of Hugh walking down the street and grabs the paps camera and threatens to kill him. Ok, he was obv in a bad mood, but this is no way to treat somebody who is trying to earn money to live.

I'm guessing a lot of you are going to say 'the pap are scum' and so on, but this is a bit too far.

I think he made himself look like a ****. With fame, come the paparazzi, he's gotta live with it. If he doesn't like it, he chose the wrong career.

What are your views on this?

Oh and turn your speakers up, it's a bit quiet.
    I haven't seen that before! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    They're both douches. Paps are scum, but what does Grant expect? You can't have all the glory and wealth of fame and expect to maintain privacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Never read a newpaper or a magazine then?
    Never read a celebrity story. Can't stand the whole system. Only magazine I ever buy is Top Gear, and I'll occasionally buy a Daily Telegraph.

ReputationRep:
    wow hugh grant has some balls, hes next james bond now.

Still a ponce though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.