Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't hold my eyes open wide enough Watch

Ok, maybe this sounds stupid..

I used to have sleepy looking eyes.. it looks a bit like i'm stoned. then one of my ex girlfriends told me "hold your eyes open wider, it makes you better looking" so i did and managed to learn to do it with no problem.

Then at some point I just stopped doing it.. and it's gone back to me looking a little stoned the whole time. Are there any tips to making myself hold them open and looking normal?

(it's especially bad when i get drunk.. they turn into tiny slits)

ReputationRep:
    do what you did before?

ReputationRep:
    Imagine there's something really interesting above you. And below you.

ReputationRep:
    use adhesive tape, don't try super glue though

ReputationRep:
    lol. while i have no proper input, i can tell you its better then having ONE lazy eye, like my case! when im even the slightest bit sleepy one eye is shut much more then the other.

As a girl, make up is the answer in most times. but for a guy i really don't know..

ReputationRep:
    matchsticks...

You just need to tell her to remind you when you are doing it..My eyes used to wander in opposite directions when I was talking to my girlfriend. Every time I did it she told me about it and it soon stopped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I used to have sleepy looking eyes.. it looks a bit like i'm stoned. then one of my ex girlfriends told me "hold your eyes open wider, it makes you better looking" so i did and managed to learn to do it with no problem.

Then at some point I just stopped doing it.. and it's gone back to me looking a little stoned the whole time. Are there any tips to making myself hold them open and looking normal?

practice what is comfortable and go to bed early and drink less alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    I know this may sound really hard but umm..Open them wider :dontknow:?

ReputationRep:
    Get surgery. OR more sleep

ReputationRep:
    Hah, one of my uni mates does this. He has a damn good-looking girlfriend though so it's clearly not done him any harm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Are you asian, I hear its a problem among you lot
    only joking., ummm you could just try what you were doing before, learn to hold them open.

no, im not asian, yes i get enough sleep.

i'm basically looking for tips on reminding myself to hold them open wider.. suggestions on a postcard please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    matchsticks...

You just need to tell her to remind you when you are doing it..My eyes used to wander in opposite directions when I was talking to my girlfriend. Every time I did it she told me about it and it soon stopped
    pahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    matchsticks...

Ouch... Did your vision not go kind of opposite?

Apply white eye liner to your waterline. It will make your eyes look wider open without any efffort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmK_89)
    lol. while i have no proper input, i can tell you its better then having ONE lazy eye, like my case! when im even the slightest bit sleepy one eye is shut much more then the other.

As a girl, make up is the answer in most times. but for a guy i really don't know..
    Ooooh I have this! Although I have more of a problem with it wandering all the time (happens all the time, whether I'm sleepy or not) because that is more freaky to other people :o:

ReputationRep:
    I find sleepy stoner eyes quite attractive. I know that's no real answer to anything you've asked, but I have no better contribution to make. Also I found myself holding my eyes open really wide while reading through this thread...

ReputationRep:
    Show a pic so we can all judge you with our NORMAL eyes.
    No im joking lol, it was only one girls opinion. I doubt you look like you are squinting so dont worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same thing, I looked stoned all the time, it's got me in trouble an' everyfing.
    My optician said if it was really pissing me off I could get surgery on the NHS, so talk to your optician about it, see what they can do.

ReputationRep:
    See an optician :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.