Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All the lives of people on TSR Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    So the **** what. I couldn't actually care less about how much other people hate Britain. Until, of course, they've found themselves walking into a dystopia they can't escape. Though I guess it's alright for you people being able to go back home. :awesome:
    Ahh finally, a glimpse of the real necessarily benevolent.

(Original post by necessarilybenevolent)
    Nonetheless, I would die for my queen, and if anyone reading thinks I'm a lunatic
    Lunatic.. :no:

Chicken Hawk :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Ahh finally, a glimpse of the real necessarily benevolent.
    What? 'You people' as in a foreigner who hates the country he's living in, yes. I won't relate to him as I would a foreigner who is grateful for being, and shows himself as, British.

ReputationRep:
    What? 'You people' as in a foreigner who hates the country he's living in, yes. I won't relate to him as I would a foreigner who is grateful for being, and shows himself as, British.

Oh do grow up my little chicken hawk

Just seen this. And no, my knowledge of history is quite fine really. Yours however is obviously in need of input. Ever heard of the Mughal Empire? :rolleyes:
    :zomg: Your utter ignorance makes me want to literally throw up.

Even wikipedia would dismiss you as an idiot, but i'll give you the opportunity to do some research and hopefully retract your (ridiculous) statement :top:

And nowhere, ANYWHERE, have i claimed that i hate Britain, not even implied it. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    :zomg: Your utter ignorance makes me want to literally throw up.

Even wikipedia would dismiss you as an idiot, but i'll give you the opportunity to do some research and hopefully retract your (ridiculous) statement :top:
    Erm, what? You (at least should) know fairly well the collaborative behaviour of northern native Indians and the subsequent expansion to Bangladeshi/Southern Indian regions. Bangladesh has been occupied by Delhi more times than you could poke a stick at. Just because you probably don't consider the Mughals to be 'India' in today's manifestations doesn't mean your kinsmen weren't - at least partly - responsible. Furthermore, I guess the Kashmir conflict is little to be proud of. :wink2:

Erm, what? You (at least should) know fairly well the collaborative behaviour of northern native Indians and the subsequent expansion to Bangladeshi/Southern Indian regions. Bangladesh has been occupied by Delhi more times than you could poke a stick at. Just because you probably don't consider the Mughals to be 'India' in today's manifestations doesn't mean your kinsmen weren't - at least partly - responsible. Furthermore, I guess the Kashmir conflict is little to be proud of. :wink2:
    Uhh, no. Collaboration with an occupying force doesn't mean it was an indian empire. If that were the case, then the British occupation of India would be an Indian empire as well :rolleyes: You don't seem to posess much in terms of logical thought; unsurprising considering your political viewpoints.

Kashmir has always been Indian :lolwut: It legally acceeded to India (look up International Law sometime) and it is infact Pakistan that is illegally occupying Kashmir.

That is totally irrelevant to the idea of Empire. Even the Mughal Empire was as such a domestic force. They lived with those they conquered. The British empire was one based on economic gain at the expense of foreign nations (as were most nondomestic empires, which were incidentally European almost exclusively).

ReputationRep:
    Uhh, no. Collaboration with an occupying force doesn't mean it was an indian empire. If that were the case, then the British occupation of India would be an Indian empire as well :rolleyes: You don't seem to posess much in terms of logical thought; unsurprising considering your political viewpoints.
    I didn't say it was an Indian empire; I said 'India has even occupied nations' - collaboration between the Mughals and Indians maharajas was almost welded. North Indian maharajas in particular dedicating vast numbers of men to the Mughal horde. And, again, this doesn't rule out the continued occupations of Bangladesh throughout Indian history. My point still stands. I don't know why you think it's such a big deal really. All I said is that every nation has undertook expansion in one way or another. I've conceded to mine; just why can't you do the same?

Kashmir has always been Indian :lolwut: It legally acceeded to India (look up International Law sometime) and it is infact Pakistan that is illegally occupying Kashmir.
    From an Indian position. :teeth: Kashmir is a disputed territory. Kashmiris don't even want to be Indian on the whole, with a Muslim majority. It's like saying the Palestinians are illegally occupying Gaza on the basis of ancient borders.

That is totally irrelevant to the idea of Empire. Even the Mughal Empire was as such a domestic force. They lived with those they conquered. The British empire was one based on economic gain at the expense of foreign nations (as were most nondomestic empires, which were incidentally European almost exclusively).
    Well boo hoo :cry::cry::cry:

I didn't say it was an Indian empire; I said 'India has even occupied nations' - collaboration between the Mughals and Indians maharajas was almost welded. North Indian maharajas in particular dedicating vast numbers of men to the Mughal horde. And, again, this doesn't rule out the continued occupations of Bangladesh throughout Indian history. My point still stands. I don't know why you think it's such a big deal really. All I said is that every nation has undertook expansion in one way or another. I've conceded to mine; just why can't you do the same?

From an Indian position. :teeth: Kashmir is a disputed territory. Kashmiris don't even want to be Indian on the whole, with a Muslim majority. It's like saying the Palestinians are illegally occupying Gaza on the basis of ancient borders.

Well boo hoo :cry::cry::cry:
    Bangladesh is part of India, culturally and historically, as is Pakistan, foo :lolwut:
    And no. India has never occupied other nations. And there has NEVER been an INDIAN empire. There might've been various empires in India, but none none of those were INDIAN. Mughal, British, Mahratta do not equate to Indian.

Uh no, anybody who isn't a pro Pakistan supporter or an American rightist recognizes that Pakistan's occupation of Kashmir is illegal and the only reason people there what independence (as if they'd survive as a country!) is because of continued violence due to the illegal Pakistani occputation :top:

Anyway, i don't care. You're arguing illogically, pointlessly and factually baselessly. Go fudge yourself.

ReputationRep:
    In after sh1tstorm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.