Turn on thread page Beta

Best car to modify? watch

ReputationRep:
    go on ebay and get yourself a nice RX-7...

ReputationRep:
    Im assuming as the insurance will be quite steep as you will be a new driver, you will not declare any mods?

Therefore will void your insurance if you crash and all the financial mess being put on you by the other party?

I laugh at all these sad corsas and saxos 1l/1.2l with body kits on, pretty pathletic and sad really. But i have seen some nice corsas just with the irmscher kit on. Depends on peoples tastes!

I did nothing to my 1st car (corsa) and now i have my 2nd, a respectible car which tasteful mods to the body and engine is good.

Its always funny to have a boy/girl racer in a done up saxo 1.2 or even a vtr/vts pull along side you and just anilate them off the line and them not keeping up, thats when you can get away with certain kits on the exterior...with a fast car.

My advice, buy a corsa / saxo etc but keep it standard, dont waste money on it and after your 1st year, buy something good, something that will make your mates go oooo, and something worth making you feel good and doing up!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of these modded cars are all bark and no bite, i.e. a lot of noise but go no faster than anything else on the road. For what money you'll be spending on doing up a scabby car, you might as well just get a decent one and save on insurance for when you 17 year old new drivers inevitably crash.

ReputationRep:
    OP you aren't planning to modify you are planning to chavify and that gives real car modders a bad name

Take heed buy something better and improve it for performance and handling

Porscha!

ReputationRep:
    I started modding cars before I had a driving licence.
    My Triumph spitfire ended up with a stage 2 head and bad boy exhaust. Was quite a quick little thing when I'd finished with it.

I don't mind a bit of chavving though, to be honest.... I reccon my BGT V8 will look good with some green neon chaser lights and having recently seen what a toyota emina people carrier wing looks like mocked up, I'm seriously considering sticking a bad boy wing on the roof of my car before my mate gets there first....

No harm in a bit of Chav... just so long as it doesnt over take the whole car!

ReputationRep:
    Does no one get irony anymore?!

I drive a gold car with blingin' gold wheels and a period bodykit ! How I wish it was still the 80's this stuff could be an option from the factory!

ReputationRep:
    Factory options are hardly chav! Unless the OEM happens to be Subaru!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VieR)
    Im assuming as the insurance will be quite steep as you will be a new driver, you will not declare any mods?

Therefore will void your insurance if you crash and all the financial mess being put on you by the other party?

I laugh at all these sad corsas and saxos 1l/1.2l with body kits on, pretty pathletic and sad really. But i have seen some nice corsas just with the irmscher kit on. Depends on peoples tastes!

I did nothing to my 1st car (corsa) and now i have my 2nd, a respectible car which tasteful mods to the body and engine is good.

Its always funny to have a boy/girl racer in a done up saxo 1.2 or even a vtr/vts pull along side you and just anilate them off the line and them not keeping up, thats when you can get away with certain kits on the exterior...with a fast car.

My advice, buy a corsa / saxo etc but keep it standard, dont waste money on it and after your 1st year, buy something good, something that will make your mates go oooo, and something worth making you feel good and doing up!
    What car have you got to ahnnliate VTS's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    What car have you got to ahnnliate VTS's?
    Audi A3 2.0t with some mods...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I'm happy to let anyone that sponsors the car for next season pit crew at an event with me, though.
    We give you money so we can get up at 6 in the morning to got to a wet and windy race track. :confused:

For a British sportscar with a V8 though. :yep: I would.

If I had an income I'd give you a fiver.

Citroen C2 if you're going for the bodykits and neons but really that adds nothing to a car. Get a Focus 2L Zetec and do some engine and suspension tuning. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    The Peugeot 106 and Citroen Saxo are the most popular cars for the tuner scene ever.

Get the 106, it's a bit less chav, a little better looking and a little more refined too

ReputationRep:
    Octavia VRS 1.8T with a remap My new friend has one with 430bhp.

ReputationRep:
    Bigger engine = Bigger gains

Smaller engine = Smaller gains

There's no point in modifying a clio , if anything it will probably make it slower/less economic + Higher insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Mg Zr

ReputationRep:
    If you want to modify go Japanese. You can extract amazing power from Jap cars very easily, they're highly tunable. They also look awesome modified. Jap cars are the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VieR)
    Audi A3 2.0t with some mods...

According to online checkers, yours is an FSI (not a T FSI).

FSI's are 1.6 or 2.0.

T-FSI's are 1.8 or 2.0

You aint dicking on a VTS/106GTI in a 1.6 or 2.0 FSI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    According to online checkers, yours is an FSI (not a T FSI).

FSI's are 1.6 or 2.0.

T-FSI's are 1.8 or 2.0

You aint dicking on a VTS/106GTI in a 1.6 or 2.0 FSI
    lol euro car parts says it is a 1.6.

Quickest 1.6 A3 is 0-60 10.6s vs VTS at 7.5.

I would still rather the Audi any time though, saxos are ****, unsafe and cramped.

ReputationRep:
    Why not an old 240z, or a 200sx, hell a fc rx7 would be tonnes of fun too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I'm buying an e36 M3. DTM lip, diffuser, BBS's and tail lights would be the only visual mods I do. Then I'd spend thousands on the engine, suspension and drivetrain.
    A man after my own heart, pretty much exactly what i would do to an M3 if i owned one, although then i would have an urge to paint it orange and plaster it with jagermeister stickers and rip off the silencers, then race it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djchocice)
    A man after my own heart, pretty much exactly what i would do to an M3 if i owned one, although then i would have an urge to paint it orange and plaster it with jagermeister stickers and rip off the silencers, then race it

/Thread he wins

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.