Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hii
    i'm started the Extended Project Award and because it has such a huge spectrum to what you can do, i am soo stuck on what to do!!
    i'm doing spanish, history and bio for a level.
    i'm torn between writing an essay on something i can really get stuck into, and one that will have relevance to the degree i wanna do (bio or hist.. (will decide after as results!)

so i'm interested in hearing the most interesting essay you've ever written, i'd be gateful of all ideas.

i'm liking the idea of somethign historical, as history essays have always bene my strong point, and i really can't see myself writing a 5000 word essay about somethign scientific unless its really interesting like 'plants that can feel emotions' (trust me, its spooky.)
    arghh help!!

ReputationRep:
    I found the Extended project to be a terrible terrible thing.

Anyway, I still say my favourite projects were the ones I did when I was in primary school (sounds stupid but there you're not restricted by all the assessment objectives). I did one project about knitting where I looked at the history of wool and knitting and I put some samples in it too. I also did an interesting study on ancient egypt. These are probably no good for you but possibly look into something historic with a twist rather than the everyday topics

ReputationRep:
    If you want to do history or biology at university, then do the history of biological advances or something.

ReputationRep:
    This probably wouldn't mean a lot, but the most interesting essays and projects I've written recently were an SSRP about Takashi Miike, and a different essay about film censorship and the historical and social aspects over three differing systems (BBFC/MPAA/Eirin)

ReputationRep:
    Probably in my second year essay, "Capital Punishment: Should it be legit in the UK?". It really made me think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Personal Statement

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.