most interesting essay or project you've ever written? Watch

tippytoes91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
hii
i'm started the Extended Project Award and because it has such a huge spectrum to what you can do, i am soo stuck on what to do!!
i'm doing spanish, history and bio for a level.
i'm torn between writing an essay on something i can really get stuck into, and one that will have relevance to the degree i wanna do (bio or hist.. (will decide after as results!)

so i'm interested in hearing the most interesting essay you've ever written, i'd be gateful of all ideas.

i'm liking the idea of somethign historical, as history essays have always bene my strong point, and i really can't see myself writing a 5000 word essay about somethign scientific unless its really interesting like 'plants that can feel emotions' (trust me, its spooky.)
arghh help!!
User182034
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I found the Extended project to be a terrible terrible thing.

Anyway, I still say my favourite projects were the ones I did when I was in primary school (sounds stupid but there you're not restricted by all the assessment objectives). I did one project about knitting where I looked at the history of wool and knitting and I put some samples in it too. I also did an interesting study on ancient egypt. These are probably no good for you but possibly look into something historic with a twist rather than the everyday topics
JayAyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you want to do history or biology at university, then do the history of biological advances or something.
elfen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This probably wouldn't mean a lot, but the most interesting essays and projects I've written recently were an SSRP about Takashi Miike, and a different essay about film censorship and the historical and social aspects over three differing systems (BBFC/MPAA/Eirin)
LuhLah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Probably in my second year essay, "Capital Punishment: Should it be legit in the UK?". It really made me think about it.
Knugs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personal Statement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise