Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm pretty into piercings but I don't think you'd realise it by looking at me, I'm not the stereotype of someone who likes piercings. I have six in total (nape/tongue frenulum/nose/lobes/daith), but have tragus and tongue on my list. Personally, I like piercings that suit the person, there's no point getting a piercing for the sake of portraying a certain image. I get my piercings done because I like them, like I'd like a dress/shirt in a shop.
    I was just wondering what people thought of them, in general, especially on guy/girl? I know my bf was never into them, but he likes mine, I keep them discreet. Any thoughts/experiences/opinions?
    Just out of interest

ReputationRep:
    I love them, i've had quite a few in the past but people (including my bf) made me realise I look better without them. I'd like to have at least one lip piercing back in, but I know i'd just look horrible :P

ReputationRep:
    personally love piercings but cant get any due to work

and yes, i like women with em

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly teens who have excessive piercings over their bodies, if you look around.
    That says it all for me.

ReputationRep:
    I've been into piercings since I was 12 when I went to my local tattoo parlour to get my nose pierced (both my parents were with me!) and I was truly addicted. It was so funny, I had to go through the back door to the piercing studio because you had to be 18 to enter the tattoo parlour - PVC clothes, handcuffs and whips were all viewable from the piercing shop lol.
    Had my lobes done when I was in primary school, so wearing jewellery was part of life.
    After my nose piercing came various ear piercings and then at 16 I had my navel pierced and more ear piercings. The stretches became a fascination when I was around 18...

I'm not a huge fan of facial piercings as I think if you have too many it can look cluttered and actually make the wearer less attractive. On men, I love lip piercings, and tunnels (but not massive ones).

ReputationRep:
    i have my tragus done and i love it

ReputationRep:
    I have belly and ears

That is all, most piercings look dirty.

ReputationRep:
    i like them, nose, eyebrow, some lip and of course the ears.
    but i don't see the point of the trag and the part of your lip just below your nose (i dont know the actual word.)

ReputationRep:
    I have had 9 in the past. Apart from the ears I dont wear any that are visable ordinarily.

Im rather into them, but there are some that I just hate. Bridge piercings I think are vile- they just dont suit anyone. Anti-eyebrows equally bad. Madonna, Monroe and medusa I also dislike, and eyebrow piercings are a bit icky. Im pretty for most others (No intention to offend anyone here, just my personal preference)

ReputationRep:
    i have belly, various ears and nose....not a big fan of facial piercings, just a small stud in the nose is enough for me!!

ReputationRep:
    Bridge piercings I think are vile
    I think they're gorgeous on the very few rare people who can pull them off, that is to say about 1% of the people who have them.
    But I agree about too many, but people usually get too many to fit into an image, which is what I don't like.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have 9 piercings in each ear and my nose done (I also used to have my belly button done).
    I sometimes think that I shouldn't have them, because as a student social worker I should look more 'respectable', but they are pretty subtle to be honest, my ears are done straight up from lobes to cartilage and I just have small studs in them, I also have a small stud in my nose.
    If I had to take them out for work I would, but I would do my best to make sure the holes didn't close up.
    I think a lot of people have piercings because it's 'cool' when they don't necessarily suit them. But as long as they do suit them, I like people with piercings.
    Like the OP, I've had all my piercings, and my tattoo, for me, and I'm also not the stereotypical person with them, if there is such a thing!

ReputationRep:
    Like the OP, I've had all my piercings, and my tattoo, for me, and I'm also not the stereotypical person with them, if there is such a thing!
    Hurrah! I put that phrase in bold because I should have said that myself

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.