Turn on thread page Beta

boyfriend chooses exercise over me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impreza18)
    I think you should leave him to it. Fair enough if he wants a better body. It has so many benefits. More attaractive to girls, better strength, more confidence, longer life expectancy etc etc. Its a good thing to get into, or would you rather him smoke some weed in his free time, whilst eating junk and getting a gut on him?
    Don't be an idiot. It's not like if he cuts out an hour of exercising a week to talk to his girlfriend all the benefits of his exercise regime you've listed will be negated.

ReputationRep:
    he probably exercises to look good for you... that or he's doing some other "exercise"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    Don't be an idiot. It's not like if he cuts out an hour of exercising a week to talk to his girlfriend all the benefits of his exercise regime you've listed will be negated.
    Oh so im an idiot for having an opinion?
    You probably dont know anything about exercise of weight lifting.
    If he starts missing workouts it could become habit which isnt good.
    LDR dont really work out in the end anyway.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who exercises twice a day and spends hours in the gym I'll give you a different view. If you are working all hours god sends you want a bit of me time away from work, the girlfriend, family kids etc. The gym at least for me isn't just about exercise, it's about having a crack with the lads, some of whom I work with or for. It is a man thing. I turn my phone off so it's just me and the iron, I don't want to speak to her or anyone else, whatever is the subject.

Lots of relationships have failed down to this, the girl likes the novelty but then realises she isn't the most important thing in my life. But really I'm not to fussed because I want a ferrari before I settle down with a serious girlfriend anyways, and I enjoy my lifestyle and really if a girl don't fit into that I don't really care.

I think if he is as heavily involved with it as Iam unless you develop a healthy interest in gyms you need to become tolerant or find someone else. Very familar conversation this.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, if she cant appreciate that her bf wants to improve his body then he should get rid of her. Chances are he hasnt been loyal as its a LDR anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Exercising every night is bad for you o.O.

you should get him to post his routine on to the fitness forum here so we can ridicule him. then he will come crying to you and give up exercise for sheer embarrasment.

ReputationRep:
    I guess thats just his way of relaxing

just tell him how you feel about this instead of resenting him for it.

ReputationRep:
    Get creative, he can have both you and exercise at the same time.

(Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Smart priorities. In the long term, exercise is much better for you than a relationship.
    Well aren't you a barrel of laughs? I bet people queue up to talk to you at parties. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Well, more fool him; personally I can think of nothing more stimulating than a mandatory thirty-minute discussion of my 'day'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    Well aren't you a barrel of laughs? I bet people queue up to talk to you at parties. :indiff:
    I don't go to parties. That would waste time I could instead be using to further my education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoshifumu)
    Exercising every night is bad for you o.O.

Lol @ this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impreza18)
    Lol @ this.
    lol at that? Why, exercising every night is extremely bad for you. Even split training you have rest days.

ReputationRep:
    Where is Adonis when you need him

(Original post by Adonis)
    Dude, get in here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    lol at that? Why, exercising every night is extremely bad for you. Even split training you have rest days.
    exercise is a very vague term.
    By exercising daily it could simply be 30 mins a day brisk walking, which isnt bad for you in the least.

ReputationRep:
    shut up and make me a sammich ***** !!

just be glad I txt you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hey guys. basically my boyfriend and i are long distance. he works very long hours atm so only has a short period of time where he can talk to me properly like on the phone or msn before he goes to sleep. i'm not a very demanding girlfriend but i'd like to have a proper conversation at least a couple of times a week rather than just survive on a few quick texts that he manages to sneak while he's at work. i understand that in this time he also has to catch up with friends and family and generally just chill. so please don't make me out to be clingy because i'm NOT and i don't need to talk to him constantly.

but alot of the time, he chooses to exercise for a couple of hours before he goes to bed. occasionally he will call me for the first time in a week for five minutes then say he has to go because he HAS to exercise :confused: when i say he doesn't HAVE to, he gets annoyed and says he does.

i'm going on holiday at the weekend. and i asked him to occasionally check facebook while im away so we can send messages on there. i'm away for two weeks and would like a bit of contact with him in that time. and his response was weeell. i'll try. but you know, i'm in work all day then i'll need to exercise when i get back. as if exercise takes priority over his girlfriend?? surely he should WANT to talk to me sometimes because, oh you know, he might actually miss his girlfriend? men :mad:
    Don't call him, let him call you.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Yea you dont wanna call him while hes 'exercising' with his 'gym buddy'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Is your boyfriend Adonis by any chance?
    I lol'd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Is your boyfriend Adonis by any chance?
    :rofl:

Remind me to rep you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.