Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, just thought i would create a thread for all those in Lakeside accomodation this coming sept! I know its a bit early but a few of us uncondtionals may have their offers of accomodation :-)

i had a few questions too actually for anyone who knows..
    Does anyone have any pics of the rooms and the place at all? the website doesnt give that great pics.
    Also i know this is completley random, but do the sinks have 2 taps (like one for hot and one for cold) or do they have the one which gives out both? (i know its random i just have a thing about freezing water)

anyway, we should totally make a facebook thread too

see you guys in 2 months! looking forward to it.. ive been working extra hard this year to get the extra money for lakeside!

:-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_dreamer90)
    Hey all, just thought i would create a thread for all those in Lakeside accomodation this coming sept! I know its a bit early but a few of us uncondtionals may have their offers of accomodation :-)

i had a few questions too actually for anyone who knows..
    Does anyone have any pics of the rooms and the place at all? the website doesnt give that great pics.
    Also i know this is completley random, but do the sinks have 2 taps (like one for hot and one for cold) or do they have the one which gives out both? (i know its random i just have a thing about freezing water)

anyway, we should totally make a facebook thread too

see you guys in 2 months! looking forward to it.. ive been working extra hard this year to get the extra money for lakeside!

:-)
    I lived in lakeside 2005-6. I was lucky enough to get an unusually large room. I can't remember if there were two taps, as I've lived in 5 other places since

Lakeside looking from the lake :

room (looking from bathroom)

looking back the opposite way

view from my window (facing lake)

lakeside door :

ReputationRep:
    In don't know about Lakeside but in standard we had 2 separate taps, so it may be the same.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Lakeside has two separate taps on the sink in the bathroom, but a mixer tap for the two sinks in the kitchen. A little hint, you will find that there are little things on the taps in your bathroom that causes water to splash everywhere, just unscrew them and you will have normal water!

I'd advise you also buy two little caddies that go on the wall with suction pads, one for your toothbrush/toothpaste and one for the shower, as the only storage in your bathroom is a cabinet above the toilet; this is obviously unsuitable for use in a shower or by the sink!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the pics! Looks good! Well execpt for the door .. lol.
    And thanks for the info guys.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had 2 taps and they were fine.

There may well be a group up by now cos they people do create them a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to go to aston this september! i got the first floor Block A lakeside

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.