Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ...was just thinking about this in work today.

I work with a girl who is VERY keen on eye contact - to the point it feels like she's looking through you.

She happens to have very striking eyes herself which you could literally stare into for hours (and she - literally - wouldn't bat an eye-lid) but it does get a bit uncomfortable.

We were in a meeting this morning anyway and I got the general feeling that I wasn't the only one feeling slightly uneasy with this intense laser vision..

How do people deal with eye contact then with people you don't really know all that well? I generally find myself staring into space and nodding a lot when they're speaking which might come off as a bit rude.

Bit of a weird topic I know but it was bugging me today! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I like eye contact, it makes you look more confident. But yeah, over use of eye contact gives me the creeps ! And my eyes water too much...

ReputationRep:
    You could always give her a taste of her own medicine - stare right back. She might get the hint and back off, or get scared and back off. Win win though?

ReputationRep:
    eye sex her to death.

ReputationRep:
    Stare at her boobs ... That'll stop her ...

ReputationRep:
    Eye contact seems to make people feel closer together and Perhaps, more able to share thoughts, as they are more relaxed asto what they say. At least that's what I've found.

Thing is when you are getting with a girl it is quite important.

If you don't want to get with her just play it cool and keep half eye contact...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    And my eyes water too much...
    Hayfever another reason to avoid it alright! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    just keep flicking my eyes towards them, but spend most of the time staring into space. i hate eye contact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frannnnn)
    eye sex her to death.
    no would make the actual sex so much less enjoyable...

ReputationRep:
    Use laser vision on her ass.

ReputationRep:
    i always look people in the eye. if not, people would have no respect for you.

if you respect yourself, people respect you. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frannnnn)
    eye sex her to death.
    Ahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    i always look people in the eye. if not, people would have no respect for you.

if you respect yourself, people respect you. :yep:
    Why is it considered unrespectful if you don't look the person who's talking in the eye ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    Why is it considered unrespectful if you don't look the person who's talking in the eye ?

this

most of the time im looking around or just staring into space. I do make eye contact, while im talking, but if the other person is staring back, i generally change where i am looking

ReputationRep:
    I always do but I don't stare. I mix it up. Sometimes I look at them in the eye and sometimes I don't.

ReputationRep:
    WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH EYE CONTACT ?

Because i make strong eye contacts with almost everybody I talk to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    they wouldn't respect you, since they'd think you lack confidence.

or they think you don't like or respect them, and you'll make an enemy.

ReputationRep:
    For the most part I'm pretty big on eye contact...not intentionally. It's just that whenever I'm doing something (reading, writing, listening to music, watching a movie) I give it my full attention. Nothing wrong with that!

So yeah I don't mind it...especially if it's a hot guy giving it hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    Because i make strong eye contacts with almost everybody I talk to
    It's persistence more than anything that is a bit annoying/creepy.

If you feel obliged to hand over a pound to someone after finally managing to look away from them (as I did) then its probably gone too far...

ReputationRep:
    Fringe covering eyes is the best.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.