The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It looks like deej2 won with 9 votes. Tomorrow finished with 8.
Oh yes just seen that so it was close then.
Reply 82
Thank you all, I have been away for the past few days due to GCSEs and other comitments, but Im back now!
31% voted for deej2? :eek:
Reply 84
beekeeper_

Apparently so :smile:
Reply 85
beekeeper_

It's closer to 26%. The poll results are screwed up.
Reply 86
It probably got messed up when beekeeper_ dropped out.
Reply 87
Bismarck
It's closer to 26%.

Well either way, whats wrong with that?
Reply 88
deej2
Well either way, whats wrong with that?

Nothing.
Reply 89
The people have spoken, and hooray for democracy.
Reply 90
Yep, well chosen also. Hopefully, we have a great Model UN working here. This is quite the educational experience, we're breaking new ground.
Reply 91
So, now we have a secretary general, we just need the General Assembly to be finalised. I shall find out whoever is organising the UN and ask them what is happening.
Reply 92
deej2
So, now we have a secretary general, we just need the General Assembly to be finalised. I shall find out whoever is organising the UN

Wouldnt that be you?
Reply 93
Yes, I think that's your responsibility now, sort out the sign up thread, make a new post and give out the assignments, ho got hat country blah blah blah. Then we can start.

- Dexnell
Reply 94
Not that it really matters anymore, but the poll has been updated to show the actual results.
Reply 95
actually it is the task of the General Assembly (Security Council respectively; if sth is discussed in the SC, it cannot disccussed in the GA) to choose the issues.
The Secretary General can hold a "speech" stating what he believes should be on the agenda. But his influence is limited and often just the possibility to address the world and make recommendations..
You might actually want to create threads fo each region so that they can have their meetings in these threads while there should be another thread for each subject. Believe me, to play a Model UN online can be time consuming...
Reply 96
Right it's one person per country, there's not a really a need for threads, unless more people joined and had more people per countires. Until now, it shouldn't be to time consuming.

- Dexnell
Reply 97
Ali_g
actually it is the task of the General Assembly (Security Council respectively; if sth is discussed in the SC, it cannot disccussed in the GA) to choose the issues.
The Secretary General can hold a "speech" stating what he believes should be on the agenda. But his influence is limited and often just the possibility to address the world and make recommendations..
You might actually want to create threads fo each region so that they can have their meetings in these threads while there should be another thread for each subject. Believe me, to play a Model UN online can be time consuming...

Firstly, the logistics of the UN have been discuseed by myslef and pig, and a plan is being reached, and hopefully put into action soon
Secondly, as Dexnell has already stated, it is one person per country.

Thanks for the input though! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending