Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    I love the buzz of a big city.
    I love the good(ish) transport links and frequent buses.
    I love the tube.
    I love the fact that the city never sleeps and there's never a shortage of fun things to get involved in.
    I love meeting new and interesting people.
    I also love the multicultural atmosphere and the fact that ppl in big cities tend to be more open-minded.
    (Any fellow Londoners want to add to the list?)

I must admit that there are downsides:
    pollution, high rent/cost of living, smaller backyards, parking, traffic jams, crime and so much more. But I still wouldn't trade.

Londons just another big city where your another ordinary person in the crowd with nothing specail to offer...however having said that I'm a city person myself...I love my city waaay to much Im not even sure if I want to move away for uni anymore?

theres a lot more to do in the city, more things to look forward to its the place to be!!

ReputationRep:
    City

Moved from London to a town the other side of Surrey.. I feel like I'm in the sticks

ReputationRep:
    what's the difference?

ReputationRep:
    city city city.

or at least close to a city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    I love the buzz of a big city.
    I love the good(ish) transport links and frequent buses.
    I love the tube.
    I love the fact that the city never sleeps and there's never a shortage of fun things to get involved in.
    I love meeting new and interesting people.
    I also love the multicultural atmosphere and the fact that ppl in big cities tend to be more open-minded.
    (Any fellow Londoners want to add to the list?)

I must admit that there are downsides:
    pollution, high rent/cost of living, smaller backyards, parking, traffic jams, crime and so much more. But I still wouldn't trade.
    The history and architecture? There's always something to do, an exhibit or show.
    What I love most is a random person can become a friend for 5 minutes before you go your separate ways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacredWolf)
    The history and architecture? There's always something to do, an exhibit or show.
    What I love most is a random person can become a friend for 5 minutes before you go your separate ways

aren't londoners famous for being notoriously cold towards strangers?

city. im in a town just now and ******* hate it. full of old people, neds who think they're hard and nothing to do

ReputationRep:
    City all the way. It's better.

It's worse for its lack of space/more crime/more pollution/crazy drivers/dearness.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world than where I do now to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Most certainly a small town person. A place like Stafford or Lichfield just has that much more character, charm and allure than a big, crowded and smelly city (and which city isn't?)

Cities are good, don't get me wrong. Somewhere like London always has something interesting on like exhibitions and such. At heart though, I'd suppose I'm a country person - I like the peace!

ReputationRep:
    My (almost) hometown is effectively a city.

ReputationRep:
    City

ReputationRep:
    Im a rural lover always have and always will.

ReputationRep:
    City for sure. Where I live at the moment is basically the outskirts of about four small towns, and even then I'm bored ********. I used to live in a small city, and even though it was beautiful and I would live there in a second if I got the chance to, there was still sometimes hardly anything to do. So I'm not just a city girl, I'm a BIG city girl. Hong Kong was definitely my cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    City person. I hate living in the middle of nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    for me anything with more than two shops counts as a city ,seeing as i live in a bog.
    now now - you forgot the pub for every two shops and five people there must be a pub

damn i miss roscommon

ReputationRep:
    Why is there a lack of 'town' answers?
    I choose town.

ReputationRep:
    I choose town too! But a large town not one in the middle of nowhere. The thing I find with places like London is that if you've been raised there, then you seem to love it, but I can just imagine it being a bit hard to 'crack' London for people without that natural city instinct lol. I'm sure I'd feel different if I lived there though!

ReputationRep:
    Big city fo sho. There's actually a surprising amount to do here to be fair, being among the largest of the 'large towns', but after living almost all my life here, it feels awfully claustrophobic now. Bring on London/Birmingham :top:

That said, I'm not adverse to the country. There's national park within 10mins from Boro - you couldn't say the same for many of the UK's biggest cities (Sheffield would be an example).

ReputationRep:
    Ive always lived in the country until i went to uni, and now i will never go back

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.