Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    city....town far too small
    Cities are fun WOOHOO

ReputationRep:
    I have lived in a village for the last 11 years (I am 18) and I absolutely HATE it. There is NOTHING to do, it is full of old people and we have limited travel links which is rubbish!

I am definately moving to London after Uni because that is where its at and the city is where my heart is.

ReputationRep:
    A village person. I want to move back to where I used to live again. :emo:

I don't mind visiting cities, and even then I prefer them on the smaller side (hello, Norwich), but I don't think I could ever live in one unless it was fairly unavoidable. I could grin and bear it if necessary.

ReputationRep:
    City person.

Was born in London and lived there for 14 years. Moved to a town in Hampshire 6 years ago and am finding it rediculously boring at the moment. The novelty started to wear off after the first couple of years.

Cannot wait to move to Portsmouth in September! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    city person
    then again i've only ever lived in a city so maybe a bit bias?

ReputationRep:
    City person, always loved walking around large cities. Simple as that really.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm both

ReputationRep:
    I'm a city person, definitely. If I wanted to I could stay anonymous for a few days and just wander through Manchester, or I could meet up/bump into all my friends easily in the city centre. Plus there's enough parks and stuff here that I don't feel like I'm living in a concrete jungle. I love it!

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in a town all my life - it's not a small one, but fairly decent sized.
    It's in a suburb, so there are good roads nearby, and it's only about 12 miles into Bristol.
    About 5 miles away, there are good complexes, with big malls and cinemas, bowling...

I like 'town' living more, people seem more friendly, crime is not a big issue, and when you look out of the window, and see a huge amount of greenery around, it is nice
    And it's not as though I am in the middle of nowhere, we have a shopping centre, leisure centre, supermarkets and stuff! When you're bored, you go to your mates!

ReputationRep:
    City.

ReputationRep:
    town!

ReputationRep:
    Im a town lad, and i much prefer living in a town with the access to cities. Every time i go cities i hate driving there, there stupid one way systems and getting lost. Knowing alot of people and less travel in towns are good points for me!

ReputationRep:
    City <3 I like having all the big shops and nice going-out places nearby. I'd love to move to London one day but my boyfriend isn't really a fan I like small cities, too, but put me into a small town or village and I'll cry.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    town. much smaller, less daunting, and i have a much better chance of navigating and memorising smaller town layouts lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    I love the buzz of a big city.
    I love the good(ish) transport links and frequent buses.
    I love the tube.
    I love the fact that the city never sleeps and there's never a shortage of fun things to get involved in.
    I love meeting new and interesting people.
    I also love the multicultural atmosphere and the fact that ppl in big cities tend to be more open-minded.
    (Any fellow Londoners want to add to the list?)
    love blowing my nose after walking down oxford street.
    and the 24 hour booze stores.

ReputationRep:
    I come from a town but am in a city for university and would definitely pick city but then I think I'd go mad without the countryside surrounding my grandmas village which is beautiful, I couldn't live there though, the village itself is scarily like the League of Gentlemans 'local town for local people' thing *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    City all the way. Oyster Card ftw.

ReputationRep:
    City, towns/villages scare me.

ReputationRep:
    Having lived in the countryside for 10 years I can safely say that I'm a town person.

ReputationRep:
    I love going to the bustling city for the day but returning to the town for the evening. :love:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.