Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    city all the way!

ReputationRep:
    Village - failthread

ReputationRep:
    My home town is good because am from a nice estate, where I can take my dog for walks, go to a couple of fields in close proximity and fly an electric r/c jet (and also take my dog for walks ), go rollerskating on (apparently) Europe's finest rollerskating rink and go to another field that is like a 45 min drive to fly proper r/c aircraft. You generally get bigger houses outside of cities as well. However, from a social perspective a City (such as Nottingham) has amazing cinemas, generally a friendlier attitude, a great student vibe, good shopping, great bars, pubs and clubs. The thing is with a City such as Nottingham is that it's also quite rural outside from the city.

ReputationRep:
    Neither. I am a country person through and through.

I certainly appreciate cities. London is (IMO) one of the best cities in the world and I enjoy spending time there when I can. But, I would never live in a city if you so much as paid me. Give me the fresh country air and the peaceful way of life any day.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the very outer-suburbs in between Liverpool and Manc but I would much rather be living in a city centre. I am definitely more of a city person, I dislike having people I don't know saying "hi" to me although that doesn't happen much around here anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windsprite)
    I love going to the bustling city for the day but returning to the town for the evening. :love:
    Spot on

ReputationRep:
    I live in a town atm but I'm definitely moving to a city next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    i've been living in a town all my life, but living next to big cities.
    Same here.

Perfect situation for me really. I'd like to live in a town (less noise, pollution, nicer houses at lower prices etc) but be next to and in contact with the city daily. Best of both worlds!

ReputationRep:
    how ould you compare cities like London, Paris, New York to boring towns such as Jedburgh, Mansfield and Falmouth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    now now - you forgot the pub for every two shops and five people there must be a pub

damn i miss roscommon
    the more isolated/depressing the town = the more pubs,so people can drown their sorrows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipchop92)
    how ould you compare cities like London, Paris, New York to boring towns such as Jedburgh, Mansfield and Falmouth?
    some people dont like living in places full of crime and pollution.

ReputationRep:
    Definately a city girl!!!! I was born on the outskirts of London and I absolutely love it. So many places to go, very multicultural, lots of choice, good transport etc. I go to uni in Exeter and its waaaaaay to small for me.

ReputationRep:
    City.

ReputationRep:
    City without a shadow of a doubt

ReputationRep:
    Neither. Absolute desolation, please!

Although, I was driving around in the 'deep' countryside last week, and ended up wandering through a large private estate. It really had the air of some creepy mormon commune. A small village with an adequate shop and decent distance to the nearest town-with-supermarket place would do me fine.

ReputationRep:
    Town
    I prefer small secluded places, as long its not like a run-down, crappy-shop place...

ReputationRep:
    City definitley. Been born & brought up in the suburbs of London and even thats too quiet for my liking. It's my dream one day to live in a more thriving part e.g. Camden. Hoping to go to Leeds or Sheffield for university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam-silver)
    city person
    then again i've only ever lived in a city so maybe a bit biased?
    There. Sorry, but I keep seeing people do this.
    Anyway, city. I need facilities, and wide, open spaces make me nervous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrama)
    There. Sorry, but I keep seeing people do this.
    Anyway, city. I need facilities, and wide, open spaces make me nervous...
    sorry!
    i've been told that before as well... i will learn!

ReputationRep:
    Um Ive only ever lived in a town but there is always something to do, plenty of shops, leisure centres, libraries, restaurants, cafes, bars and plenty of night clubs in the town 15 mins drive away. I wouldnt say hello to everyone in my town, it's not a large town but that doesn't mean I know everyone. Probably a town person as a city to be is just a big town.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.