Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1991)
    Most certainly a small town person. A place like Stafford or Lichfield just has that much more character, charm and allure than a big, crowded and smelly city (and which city isn't?)

Cities are good, don't get me wrong. Somewhere like London always has something interesting on like exhibitions and such. At heart though, I'd suppose I'm a country person - I like the peace!

Matthew what about the joys of your local Cannock?!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be in the city and not have to worry that I'll be seen by all my mothers friends.

Really, though, I'm most at home in the country.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm a city person. Most definitely. I hate being out in the countryside or even in small towns where nothing is going on.

ReputationRep:
    town. Or a small city. Having lived in a rural area near Bath (85,000 people) for my whole life I feel kinda overwhelmed with big cities. Even getting the train to Bristol and I'm like WOAH what's happening. And I went up to Manchester a few weeks ago, and it was just HUGE. A friend of mine told me afterwards that she thought I wouldn't like it. She said "You've lived in a field for your whole life, I knew you wouldn't like Manchester".

ReputationRep:
    Don't like big cities much, i live near Cambridge and like it a lot so either towns or small cities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic4)
    Matthew what about the joys of your local Cannock?!
    How do you know my name? How do you know where I live???

ReputationRep:
    I like cities. I like having lots of people around and lots of places to explore. Saying that though, I live in a small city, by city standards, so maybe it doesn't quite count. I don't think I'd like to live in London. I think that'd be too big a leap for me. In fact yes, small cities, those are my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know my name? How do you know where I live???
    Psychic obviously!!

ReputationRep:
    City, by far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic4)
    Psychic obviously!!
    I'm reporting you.

ReputationRep:
    I live in a town but much prefer cities :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm reporting you.

Some friend you are!
    13 years of friendship down the drain Sonny!!! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    country love animals and long country walks

ReputationRep:
    Whats the difference between a town and a city? I love being in the city I hate the countryside I love the noise and the things to do round there.

ReputationRep:
    I like small cities. Like York, where there are still quiet places and it's still peaceful, but there's still lots going on and plenty of people around

ReputationRep:
    Town. I hate cities. I live in a semi-rural area - in a couple of minutes I'm in the town, in a couple of minutes I'm in the countryside. Cities make me feel sick.

Town'll do me, but I love the country.

ReputationRep:
    i'm city person.

my family come from really rural areas and it was so boring growing up.
    beautiful scenery but boring as hell.
    i can remember being sent to stay with my family in some mountainside village in portgual for a whole summer.. it was pretty much like those olive oil adverts you seen on the tv and everyone in that village was related to me and it sucked big time.

ReputationRep:
    born and bred in a village

ReputationRep:
    Neither - I prefer village life, but not in a village that's too remote, I like to have fairly easy access to shops etc. The village I'm from in Leicester, which is where I'll be living when I move back to the UK next year (as parents still own a house there, it's where my brother lives at the moment), is equidistant from Leicester (city) and Oakham (town).

Therefore I think I'll have the best of both worlds, I'll live in a beautiful village, but in close proximity to a major city and a gorgeous market town.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.