Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Date-type thing with someone you barely know. Watch

I met a boy at a club last week. There was only talking for about two or three minutes(nothing more) but there was obvious attraction there. I gave him my number because I was quite drunk, thought he was good looking and seemed socially coherent enough and didn't see what harm it could do really.

Since then he's been in touch a couple of times, first through texting and then through Facebook, nothing particularly hardcore, I still don't really know that much about him at all. He wants to meet up for a drink later this week and I was just wondering if it would be really weird because I don't know him. Whenever I've been for stuff like this before, it's been with people I've already known at least somewhat well. Instinct, and the fact I have him on Facebook and can see his profile, tells me that he's not some massive psycho who's going to kill me, but do you think it would be a bit weird? Has anyone else had a situation like this? Advice....?

ReputationRep:
    its a perfectly normal way to meet new people imo . jus take everythin you might need incase it goes wierd though. a pack o' johnnies sum pepperspray and sum handcuffs maybe

ReputationRep:
    Chill, just because you dont know him, you can get to know him. Why not have a phone convo to ease you a little?

ReputationRep:
    I met up with some guy I'd never met out of sheer boredom a couple of months back. We'd chatted to on the phone/msn/facebook before. He was a lot more creepy than your guy, had asked me out several times, we'd basically had phone sex when both quite drunk, that sort of stuff, and I went to meet him in a secluded primary school field of all places... Woah, I've just realised how badly wrong that could have gone for me... and it was all fine, he wasn't a psyco. You're meeting in a bar/pub, there will be people around, it will be safe, and you said yourself you don't think he's a nutter. Just take the plunge. It's summer, have an adventure . Nah, but seriously, tell people where your going and have a friend to call you in the middle of the evening just in case. Good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a boy at a club last week. There was only talking for about two or three minutes(nothing more) but there was obvious attraction there. I gave him my number because I was quite drunk, thought he was good looking and seemed socially coherent enough and didn't see what harm it could do really.

Since then he's been in touch a couple of times, first through texting and then through Facebook, nothing particularly hardcore, I still don't really know that much about him at all. He wants to meet up for a drink later this week and I was just wondering if it would be really weird because I don't know him. Whenever I've been for stuff like this before, it's been with people I've already known at least somewhat well. Instinct, and the fact I have him on Facebook and can see his profile, tells me that he's not some massive psycho who's going to kill me, but do you think it would be a bit weird? Has anyone else had a situation like this? Advice....?
    People need to talk more face to face (im not really talking about your situation)

ReputationRep:
    The point of the evening will be the get to know him.

Have fun, be safe, don't take it too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Talking face-to-face might be harder, but i think you can pick up more about a person the old fashioned way Have fun

ReputationRep:
    meeting up againn = get to know each other

ReputationRep:
    If you got his facebook can't you find out bits of info from there?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.