Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, sorry if this post is somehow wrong.
    I am from outside UK and will be studying in UK from October at Uni. I want to go there some time before studies start to look around and earn some cash as well. Though I do have some concerns and doubts as everything is a bit foggy. So, maybe someone would not mind to share their experience? How did they find the job, accommodation, whole registration number thing, how did they receive payment and eventually did they feel they had fun either some money saved up? Thanks! Any responses will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    working while you studying in UK is not as easy as it sounds. Best jobs for students are in supermarkets and pubs. You need to have National Insurance number to start working in UK. As you are a EU you need to get registered to work in UK. Weekend jobs are easy to find depends on the location. If its in a city then there would be plenty of weekend jobs and if you uni is in countys then depends. To find a job you can directly contact the employers or search online through jobsites or get registered with job consultancies. Accommodation depends on you, if you can share with someone else then its cheap or you can always go for university accommodation which is a bit costlier. I would strongly suggest to share with someone else to save some money. As soon as you land in the country open a bank account as you receive payments through bak only. I did a masters degree and at the same time used to work in a gas station during weekends......couldnt save much money coz i worked for just 6 months and made enough to survive for 1 year. Any thing else just ask.........best of luck

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.