Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, does bad dancing put you off. watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so last weekend I was drunk (probably the worst I've been) anyway I was out in a club with a few mates and I decided to start dancing. I was drunk so I was not ashamed. It was like an out of body experience because in my head I was thinking ''stop, stop now'' but I just kept going. Anyway whilst this was happening I began to realize ''wow I'm a really bad dancer''

I don't know what the pc term is, but it was retarded. I sort of had my arms down by my side and I was bringing my legs up one by one like I was marching. I could hardly stand eventually and must have been sweating badly.

Now ladies if you saw a sweaty, drunk, bad dancer come towards you would you be interested? Because I'm not going to lie I got NO interest from any woman. (I know, weird) so I just wanted to know do girls like a guy who can dance? And do men who are bad/terrible dancers put you off? I can't be that freakishly looking because whilst sober I got chatting to a couple of girls and we exchanged numbers. So is a bad dancer a no go? And any fellow terrible dancers out there? (you're not worse than me)

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine the sweaty drunkenness put them off more than the bad dancing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Punk Phloyd)
    I would imagine the sweaty drunkenness put them off more than the bad dancing.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Dodgy dancing old guys at a wedding = endearing. Drunk dancing young men = a little less...
    But both are equally fun to watch :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm an awful dancer and get no female attention but being ignored for dancing badly is better than being ignored for standing around. Just have fun, who cares what girls at a club think.

ReputationRep:
    As a boy I can confirm that it does put girls off, but not as much as not dancing when they dance.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a drum and bass/ dubstep night mate, sounds like youd be right at home. dodgy dancing is the standard and the girls that go to them are :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    I'm an awful dancer and get no female attention but being ignored for dancing badly is better than being ignored for standing around. Just have fun, who cares what girls at a club think.
    Yeah it doesn't concern me too much. But the old self asterm does take a bit if a battering, especially when a girl turns round and says ''you're dancing like a penguin on smack'' the strangest insult I've ever recieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Precisely, just get ****** up, flail around like an idiot for a few hours and go home and pass out. Who cares if there's no poon at the end of it all.

ReputationRep:
    Most people, and yes this includes girls, can't dance at clubs. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    I only know one guy that can dance well and he's ugly enough for the dancing to get him nowhere.

I can't dance but after a few I might be prone to dip my toes. Go to a packed out dance club where jumping about is the norm, **** poofy r'n'b nights were the spice boys want to show off their moves to the oompa loompas.

ReputationRep:
    It's cool if the guy can dance. It's funny if he can't. So win-win really.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do is go up to the fit girls all the guys are too scared to approach and take the piss by dancing stupidly with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I only know one guy that can dance well and he's ugly enough for the dancing to get him nowhere.

I can't dance but after a few I might be prone to dip my toes. Go to a packed out dance club where jumping about is the norm, **** poofy r'n'b nights were the spice boys want to show off their moves to the oompa loompas.
    lmao, I'd have repped you if it would of made a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have the last laugh when my stavros flatlay "fire up the chainsaw" dance gets me all the girls!

Depends, sometimes i a funny deliberatly bad dance move could probably get a laugh and start up a conversation, but if its just a im erm....well utterly bungalow'd and cant stand dance then i'd imagine its not what a girl would look for.

ReputationRep:
    The OPs dancing sounds more strange than comically bad - i.e. a guy having no rhythm or being a little awkward. Why do a marching type dance with your hands by your side? The penguin on smack thing kind of corrresponds to my mental image of this dance.

It puts me off when a guy can't dance (i.e. we were chatting and he seemed alright, and then hit the dance floor and was tragic), but that's becuase I'm a dancer and it makes me feel awkward. But who cares? Just go out to have fun. I go out to have a good time and don't like dancing with men as much as dancing with my girlies anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just do variants of the 2-step for starters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlindestPilot)
    Precisely, just get ****** up, flail around like an idiot for a few hours and go home and pass out. Who cares if there's no poon at the end of it all.
    Congrats on the Withnail and I sig, it made me happy.

ReputationRep:
    bad dancing is not a put off.
    but being too drunk/too touchy - now that would put me off

ReputationRep:
    Look around the club when you enter, NOBODY can dance, apart from the odd guy showing off with a circle around him. Just have fun. Maybe less off the ridiculously drunk, sweaty look though...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.