Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does your cat sleep in an unusual place? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I came across a few pictures of cats sleeping in weird positions http://www.designswan.com/archives/s...n-of-cats.html

:rofl:

my cat often sleeps on my Dad's car just after he has been out in it (so it's still warm for her ) she also seems to like sleeping in the compartment below my bed

any TSRers got a cat that snoozes in a weird position/place?

ReputationRep:
    Loool! Them pictures are so cool!!

Mine likes to go inside the wardrobe And on the ironing board!! :mad: Which is really annoying when you notice you've hair stuck all to whatever you're trying to iron. :p:

ReputationRep:
    my cat sits on my face, it thinks it's a nice way to get my attention but it really isn't... and you can't even stroke it or it goes into sex mode lol

ReputationRep:
    You know those weird canvas and wood collapsable boxy-basket type things? Well, we have a tiny one and my cat sleeps in there all curled up on herself to fit in it. Or she likes to sleep in the pull out drawer under the sofa-bed on top of all my mum's art papers.

ReputationRep:
    Mine sleeps in laundry baskets, in suitcases, my sister's wardrobe, neighbour's compost box.. i love it when she finds a new place to sleep and i get to see where it is - it always cheers me up. She's more of a 'places' cat - she always sleeps in the same rolled up ball position but it's always somewhere new.

ReputationRep:
    Mine will sleep anywhere but their cat beds :p:

Wardrobe, desk, giant potted plant, inside the composter, laundry basket, kitchen worktop, cardboard box to name a few

ReputationRep:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_93IuP2jawc...-h/Element.jpg

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    A shoebox.

Hilarious when you consider how fat my cat is (she doesn't fit in and spills out of the sides) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: @ the replies

when I'm going on holiday or whatnot, and have the suitcase out, she loves sleeping there too :emog:

ReputationRep:
    In the puzzle box, when there are pieces in it.

(this isn't my cat, it's my Nan's cat - which is why i'd be doing a puzzle near her cat in the first place!)

ReputationRep:
    On my damn keyboard and mousemat, while i'm using the PC :|

ReputationRep:
    In my college bag and in coats.

ReputationRep:
    Friends' cat slept in airing cupboard

ReputationRep:
    In boxes. Any box, and my cat is in it.

Also in the airing cupboard

ReputationRep:
    They sleep in the flowerpots like that picture and one sleeps on top of an extremely high bookshelf.

One also just had babies in the laundry hamper. :emog:

ReputationRep:
    off-topic but it's my thread :awesome:.. why do they feel the need to find the smallest box ever and try to fit their heads inside :mmm: II love cats and the weird things that they do, it probably makes perfect sense in their little cat minds though

ReputationRep:
    My kitten likes to sleep in my Laundry basket, or in my box of paperwork. That said, at the moment she's acting as an armrest while I type on my lappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    off-topic but it's my thread :awesome:.. why do they feel the need to find the smallest box ever and try to fit their heads inside :mmm: II love cats and the weird things that they do, it probably makes perfect sense in their little cat minds though
    A kitten I once had used to do that a lot. He used to get his head stuck in all-sorts - cans, etc. He even managed to sort of get his head caught of some rope once... That was scary.

Back to the topic, my cat is currently sleeping in a cot with her six one-week-old kittens :p: Other places she's slept in include cupboards, the wardrobe, under beds, behind the sofa, in the car, in the laundry basket, on the top bed bunk, any boxes that happen to be around. She isn't too picky.

ReputationRep:
    AWWWWWWWWWW I love cats!!! the plant pot one is crazy....my cats used to do that...I miss having a kitty =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moroseblight)
    A kitten I once had used to do that a lot. He used to get his head stuck in all-sorts - cans, etc. He even managed to sort of get his head caught of some rope once... That was scary.

Back to the topic, my cat is currently sleeping in a cot with her six one-week-old kittens :p: Other places she's slept in include cupboards, the wardrobe, under beds, behind the sofa, in the car, in the laundry basket, on the top bed bunk, any boxes that happen to be around. She isn't too picky.
    cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.