Turn on thread page Beta

British Indian Muslims...? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was just wanted to know if there are any British Indian Muslims on TSR?!?

If you are one, please post below with your name,age and what you are currently studying and something about yourself!

All comments appreciated!

Amit

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you've got one here!

We could start a society or something, but there seems little point in doing so - we wouldn't have anything specific to British-Indian-Muslims to discuss lol.

Don't want to disclose my name on this public forum but I'm 17 and studying 4 A-levels (though not now as it's the summer vacation ).

We should come up with some topical statement to discuss, which may make this thread a bit more meaningful if enough people reply.

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm a british indian muslim...

my names abu
    i am 17
    i just finished ma A-level's in History, Spanish and Politics (results aug 20th)
    and i'm going to study History and Spanish at uni, manchester is my firm

and i live in leicester...

ReputationRep:
    i just want to congratulate you lot on how well you did in the 20/20 cup, you weren't crap, you were just indian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeee)
    i just want to congratulate you lot on how well you did in the 20/20 cup, you weren't crap, you were just indian.
    i was supporting England...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, we did enjoy beating Pakistan and winning the cup last year. :yep:

And it's people like you who give your kind such a bad name worldwide, learn some respect, or if you can't - at least some basic dignity.

I'm not going to enter into an India vs. Pakistan argument online lol, so have a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Cheers, we did enjoy beating Pakistan and winning the cup last year. :yep:

And it's people like you who give your kind such a bad name worldwide, learn some respect, or if you can't - at least some basic dignity.

I'm not going to enter into an India vs. Pakistan argument online lol, so have a good night.
    i dont want your life story, go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you've got one here!

We could start a society or something, but there seems little point in doing so - we wouldn't have anything specific to British-Indian-Muslims to discuss lol.

Don't want to disclose my name on this public forum but I'm 17 and studying 4 A-levels (though not now as it's the summer vacation ).

We should come up with some topical statement to discuss, which may make this thread a bit more meaningful if enough people reply.
    Where your family from in India? Im 17 aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abu.10)
    hey i'm a british indian muslim...

my names abu
    i am 17
    i just finished ma A-level's in History, Spanish and Politics (results aug 20th)
    and i'm going to study History and Spanish at uni, manchester is my firm

and i live in leicester...
    Sounds good, where your family from in India....are you a Proud Indian?

ReputationRep:
    i dont want your life story, go to bed.
    who's economy is better?? who's country is not engaged in civil war??

is that enough?? or would you like some more???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Sounds good, where your family from in India....are you a Proud Indian?
    yeh i like having my indian culture, but i do see myself as being more British. although i love indian culture, i'm too modern to ever go and live there, you know what i mean??

but yeh, i love bollywood movies, curries and speaking katchi and hindi... so it's all good.

ReputationRep:

i'd like some more pweeeaase mr abu.

ReputationRep:
    Where your family from in India? Im 17 aswell
    They're originally from UP (Lucknow) and surrounding towns, and some of my mom's family originated from Lahore before partition and before the Pakistanis started warring there and ruined it.
    Though now a lot of my family lives and works in New Delhi so that is where I mainly visit.

I still feel very much Indian, I spend at least a month in New Delhi every year and a couple of weeks extra whenever I can go with my parents.

How about you?

ReputationRep:

Abu bhai, please ignore this idiot. He's a typical angry and embittered Pakistani, let's just leave him be to struggle to his own devices. We all know such people go nowhere in life and deep down, he knows this too so we all may as well not bother replying his messages.

Jai Hind. (Felt that that was necessary there)! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was just wanted to know if there are any British Indian Muslims on TSR?!?

If you are one, please post below with your name,age and what you are currently studying and something about yourself!

All comments appreciated!

Amit
    You live in Israel?

ReputationRep:
    They're originally from UP (Lucknow) and surrounding towns, and some of my mom's family originated from Lahore before partition and before the Pakistanis started warring there and ruined it.
    Though now a lot of my family lives and works in New Delhi so that is where I mainly visit.

I still feel very much Indian, I spend at least a month in New Delhi every year and a couple of weeks extra whenever I can go with my parents.

How about you?
    Ahh Utter Pradesh . My family are from Gujarat but are Hindu. I never knew there were Muslims in India tbh untill I went India in 2004, I thought they had all moved to either Pakistan or Bangladesh. But when I went to the village im from in Gujarat I saw a Masjid and Indian Muslims and was shocked lol. Then I found out they have strong communities in UK aswell . It must be cool being one tbh.

Im guessing you speak Hindi then? I speak English,Gujarati,Hindi

ReputationRep:
    sorry im not even Indian but i had to lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahh Utter Pradesh . My family are from Gujarat but are Hindu. I never knew there were Muslims in India tbh untill I went India in 2004, I thought they had all moved to either Pakistan or Bangladesh. But when I went to the village im from in Gujarat I saw a Masjid and Indian Muslims and was shocked lol. Then I found out they have strong communities in UK aswell . It must be cool being one tbh.

Im guessing you speak Hindi then? I speak English,Gujarati,Hindi
    Ah right, yeah I've been to Gujarat a couple of times but so long ago I can hardly remember it. I really want to go again some time now that I'm old enough to appreciate different states in India.

And yeah, India has the world's second largest Muslim population, only second to Indonesia. We are all very well populated in India anyway, no matter which religion / race lol.

I'm not part of any Indian Muslim community in the UK unfortunately. The only south-Asian community near-ish me is a really backward and worrying place, with a lot of terrorism and fear too. Not the kind of people I'd like to associate with for obvious reasons!

We speak English and Hindi at home, and I've learnt pretty good Arabic too after having to learn the basics for our faith, I thought I may as well learn to communicate in Arabic too.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, yeah I've been to Gujarat a couple of times but so long ago I can hardly remember it. I really want to go again some time now that I'm old enough to appreciate different states in India.

And yeah, India has the world's second largest Muslim population, only second to Indonesia. We are all very well populated in India anyway, no matter which religion / race lol.

I'm not part of any Indian Muslim community in the UK unfortunately. The only south-Asian community near-ish me is a really backward and worrying place, with a lot of terrorism and fear too. Not the kind of people I'd like to associate with for obvious reasons!
    Ahh Yeh I understand, I don't get what made Indian Muslims stay in India and not move to Pakistan during partition?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im from Lahore but my roots are from the new india, from Jammu and kashmir, do i qualify??

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.