The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Amit92
Ahh Yeh I understand, I don't get what made Indian Muslims stay in India and not move to Pakistan during partition?

Many more Muslims stayed in India than those who left to move to Pakistan. If you think about it, would you leave your home to move to another part of the country if it was going to be set up specifically for your religion when you are perfectly happy living where you are?

My dad is always saying how thankful he is to his grandfather for not moving to Pakistan or we would be far worse off today in almost every way.

My great grandfather was also Nawab of his locality so as part of the elite, the family was in no position to move from the area; or at least that's how it's been explained to me anyway!
Reply 21
DJkG.1
Many more Muslims stayed in India than those who left to move to Pakistan. If you think about it, would you leave your home to move to another part of the country if it was going to be set up specifically for your religion when you are perfectly happy living where you are?

My dad is always saying how thankful he is to his grandfather for not moving to Pakistan or we would be far worse off today in almost every way.

My great grandfather was also Nawab of his locality so as part of the elite, the family was in no position to move from the area; or at least that's how it's been explained to me anyway!

Hmm Yeh I understand, The partition should of never happend, My grandfather tells me when he was a little boy, Hindus and Muslims and even other individuals from religious backgrounds all lived together happy without any problems until the British came and made these problems which resulted in partition. I know some Hindus that had to move from present-day Pakistan and lost all there Wealth and Assets just because of religion.

If only it was still one country today :rolleyes: , We would see all these problems in Pakistan or an unstability in Bangladesh. But still India is not united has one.
Reply 22
abu.10
i was supporting England...

love this post
Reply 23
Me Me Me
I'm Half Brit/Half Guji which I consider British Indian
Oh, And i'm a Muslim
Reply 24
Mist786
Me Me Me
I'm Half Brit/Half Guji which I consider British Indian
Oh, And i'm a Muslim

Im guessing your Mum or Dad is white?
Reply 25
Amit92
Im guessing your Mum or Dad is white?

Nah, both of them are muslims but my dad is brit
Reply 26
Mist786
Nah, both of them are muslims but my dad is brit

Lol your not half guji/half brit then your just a British Indian. Your Dad is still brown, thats all that counts. LOL
Reply 27
Amit92
Lol your not half guji/half brit then your just a British Indian. Your Dad is still brown, thats all that counts. LOL

hahahah sure
His skin color is not brown its white
Reply 28
Mist786
hahahah sure
His skin color is not brown its white

Oh is he a white convert to Islam?
what exactly are you achieving from posting this stupid thread..?!?!don't you wanna know what the rest of us do...no?!?!
Reply 30
*TheSweetestDrug*
what exactly are you achieving from posting this stupid thread..?!?!don't you wanna know what the rest of us do...no?!?!

What do you mean by the 'rest'?
Amit92
What do you mean by the 'rest'?

the rest as in me...ie:those who AREN'T british indian muslims..
I'm a guji muslim, my names Mo and I'm 17. Doing my A-Levels right now (Bio, Maths, Chemistry, Physics). Hoping to study Biomedical science at uni or even better medicine.

It's surprising though when I was in southall and I told people I'm a muslim they immediately thought I was paki and then when I told them that I'm indian they were shocked.
Nasser Hussain is a British Indian Muslim
Reply 34
*TheSweetestDrug*
the rest as in me...ie:those who AREN'T british indian muslims..

I don't see you going to the other international threads and saying this.
Reply 35
Liverpool F.C.™
I'm a guji muslim, my names Mo and I'm 17. Doing my A-Levels right now (Bio, Maths, Chemistry, Physics). Hoping to study Biomedical science at uni or even better medicine.

It's surprising though when I was in southall and I told people I'm a muslim they immediately thought I was paki and then when I told them that I'm indian they were shocked.

Nicee, its a shock to me aswell lol, Do you speak Gujarati at home?
Reply 36
heyy
great thread haha

am a british indian muslim too :smile: i speak hindi and english
going to do my A-levels this year (Biology, chemsitry, maths and R.E)

btw soo much of the partition when pakistan is getting more and more corrupt by the day.
I'm an Indian and i'm just glad to know that there are so many moderate, accepting and nonfanatical Indian Muslims.

I mean it'd be great if you weren't Muslim at all (and there were no religions in India, including Hinduism) but the fact that you aren't raving Islamists like a large proportion of the Indian Muslim population is a huge comfort :awesome:

You guys are awesome :awesome: :top:
Reply 38
I can speak Gujrati
Anyone else?
Amit92
Nicee, its a shock to me aswell lol, Do you speak Gujarati at home?

Yup, lol. You speak it too ?

Latest