Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    But you do not have the right to be provided with friends, conversation, or sex if you can't get them on your own.
    Just because they are not positive rights doesn't mean they aren't rights. However, if you are really incapable of getting these things on your own, the government would probably help you by providing some form of therapy or counselling, as your mental state would probably be sub-normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikdc5)
    Just because they are not positive rights doesn't mean they aren't rights. However, if you are really incapable of getting these things on your own, the government would probably help you by providing some form of therapy or counselling, as your mental state would probably be sub-normal.
    But the OP was actually arguing that it's a person's right to be provided with sex. But I get what you're saying, it's a right in that it comes under the right to privacy etc.

ReputationRep:
    A right only makes sense if somebody tries to prevent somebody from doing or having something.

Has sex ever been outlawed? :confused: It seems like a dumb question, but i don't see any government in the world outlawing sex, or preventing people from doing it.

Besides, how is it possible to prevent a person from having sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    A right only makes sense if somebody tries to prevent somebody from doing or having something.

Has sex ever been outlawed? :confused: It seems like a dumb question, but i don't see any government in the world outlawing sex, or preventing people from doing it.

Besides, how is it possible to prevent a person from having sex?
    In some countries sex is only legal if you're married. That's as close as you can get to outlawing sex. It's basically saying you need to get a license before you're allowed to have sex. Clearly no government is going to outright ban sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MapOfYourHead)
    AHAHAAHAAHAA FAAAAIIIILLLLL

"yeh it's essential for the furthering of our species and our main purpose is procreation, but we don't NEED it!" :facepalm2:
    The OP was talking about one person being able to live without sex physiologically, not all of the human race.

:facepalm2::facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatFridge)
    The OP was talking about one person being able to live without sex physiologically, not all of the human race.

:facepalm2::facepalm2:
    But aren't we all created with an instinctive drive to further our DNA? you could argue that especially for women, who brood and crave motherhood (and therefore implicitly sex), it is a "need", as opposed to a passing fancy?

p.s i LOVE your sig....

ReputationRep:
    But aren't we all created with an instinctive drive to further our DNA? you could argue that especially for women, who brood and crave motherhood (and therefore implicitly sex), it is a "need", as opposed to a passing fancy?

p.s i LOVE your sig....
    True, probably how cavemen discovered reproduction but I'm saying theoretically, a person could probably survive quite a while without sex with enough willpower and no intention to reproduce.

Thanks, he's a crazy ******* aint he ?

ReputationRep:
    True, probably how cavemen discovered reproduction but I'm saying theoretically, a person could probably survive quite a while without sex with enough willpower and no intention to reproduce.

Thanks, he's a crazy ******* aint he ?

I think in answer to the OP sex should be a right, if not at the expense, harm or degradation of others...afterall that instinctive urge to bang something is there for a reason....but you're absolutely right, a person could leave a totally celibate life and incur no problems that would mean they couldn't live.

I love him, the crazy b******, i heard somewhere he has a mental gambling problem and beats his wife?

ReputationRep:
    I think in answer to the OP sex should be a right, if not at the expense, harm or degradation of others...afterall that instinctive urge to bang something is there for a reason....but you're absolutely right, a person could leave a totally celibate life and incur no problems that would mean they couldn't live.

I love him, the crazy b******, i heard somewhere he has a mental gambling problem and beats his wife?
    The OP is suggesting for prostitution to be legal which is too weird. Imagine this...

"Hi honey, how was your day at the office?"
    "Ah not bad, same old same old. Fecked a few fat desperate guys with some weird fetishes, you know how it goes."

Back to Jeremy though, I kind of love him for the hilarious **** that comes out of his mouth when he has so many serious problems himself and his family. Absolutely hilarious. I guess its a love/hate relationship because he's such a arrogant douchebag most of the time .

ReputationRep:
    The OP is suggesting for prostitution to be legal which is too weird. Imagine this...

"Hi honey, how was your day at the office?"
    "Ah not bad, same old same old. Fecked a few fat desperate guys with some weird fetishes, you know how it goes."

Back to Jeremy though, I kind of love him for the hilarious **** that comes out of his mouth when he has so many serious problems himself and his family. Absolutely hilarious. I guess its a love/hate relationship because he's such a arrogant douchebag most of the time .
    i'm just worried about what would happen if prostitution did become legal and health and safety got involved, can you imagine the risk assessment on whips and chains?

And my favourite part is when the chavvy fat girl with monstrous piercing and 4 teeth has found out her skinny, methscratched baseball cap has passed his lie detector test and hasn't fooked her baby, but then in swoops Jeremy with "IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU'RE STILL FOOKED, WHERE'S THE TRUST?" classic.....

ReputationRep:
    i'm just worried about what would happen if prostitution did become legal and health and safety got involved, can you imagine the risk assessment on whips and chains?

And my favourite part is when the chavvy fat girl with monstrous piercing and 4 teeth has found out her skinny, methscratched baseball cap has passed his lie detector test and hasn't fooked her baby, but then in swoops Jeremy with "IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU'RE STILL FOOKED, WHERE'S THE TRUST?" classic.....
    Well I read a post in this thread saying prostitution can be carried out in 'safe enviroments'. How the hell would that work? Just wouldnt work, too complicated as a matter in my opinion :no:.

What about when he randomly decides to get chummy with the 'young offenders'...

"I'm quite a big name in Birmingham, if you don't smoke crack at your Nans house, I'll let you DJ at a top club in Birmingham, can't say fairer than that, Ladies and Gentlemen, True or False?'

I can just imagine the club owner saying "Jeremy Kyle? THE Jeremy Kyle? Yeah, get that Scally kid on the decks, tell Pete Tong to go home!".

Ah God, the endless laugh's I've had at Jeremy Kyle! :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.