Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sugarmummies! Watch

• View Poll Results: Is the thought of a 35-45 yr old woman pursuing a 18-21 yr old man quite erotic
    Yes
    56.41%
    No
    43.59%

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering what people think that British société's opinions of sugarmummies are.

Have you ever met a sugarmummy? I assume it's quite a loose definition as to what actually constitutes one?

Do you think any of the accusations that sugarmummies might be subjected to like 'cradlerobbing' are justified?

Is it probably just a term thrown at them by younger women who are outcompeted for a man's attention by older and sexier ladies?

Also, would you find the thought of a relationship between a woman of say 35-45 with a man of 18-21 quite erotic?

DISCLAIMER: I'm just interested in the phenomenon of sugarmummies and I'm busy with work and things so obviously have no intention of actually meeting one - I was just curious about people's opinions.

squishysquish.

ReputationRep:
    To put it in Jay's words from the Inbetweeners; "experienced clunge!". Would probably do it if I were single.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I would find one quite sexy, mature women especially ****s are a lot hotter in my mind than these young unexperienced girls, I dated a 35 year old and it was the best sex and relationship I've ever had. Where would I go about finding one?

ReputationRep:
    Sugarmummies are amazing :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you want the ones with fat pockets. Harrods perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon that there are any traits that a sugarmummy might look for in a younger man?

Also, are they perceived as quite dominant usually?

squishysquish.

ReputationRep:
    Also, do you think it might create conflict etc. if the sugarmummy you are being made love to is older than your mother?

Does anyone here have mothers who might object to their son's partner being older than her?

squishysquish.

ReputationRep:
    bumpety-bump.

Are there any female opinions on this?

Or are women on this website (who are mostly young) avoiding the issue because they have been outwitted by a sugarmummy in the past when vying for a man's attention and might be jealous?

squishysquish.

ReputationRep:
    i think on the whole older women may be more emotionally sensitive when looking for a guy, but generally i think they like the basic characteristics that all women like. it wouldnt bother me to make love to a woman older than my mother.

ReputationRep:
    It depends, I am getting on now in my mid twenties so it feels more natural dating a woman in her early thirties but at same time makes me feel kinda old so not sure about a woman say in her late 30's or 40's

I did have this older woman eye me up on train Monday night, when everyone went to the platform and train hadnt arrived yet she stood next to me and kept turning head and looking shy, and when I looked back she would turn her head other direction same for when on train she sat at table across from mine and kept turning her head, at one point she was staring for like 4 minutes and I turned my head and she turned it away fast!

She was pretty but very curvy, I might of chatted her up if the train wasnt packed.

ReputationRep:
    the terminology your looking for is cougar

and if im the 21 year old hell year its great

ReputationRep:
    I think the main problem I have with this kind of relationship is that single middle-aged women can be quite vulnerable and I cant help but feel younger guys may be taking advantage of their loneliness sometimes.
    And the fact that if someone my age started going out with my mum then i would be very freaked out, but then she is 55 so i imagine that's a little too old....

ReputationRep:
    Had one, I was 22 she was 35, a solicitor... absolutely minted and absolutely nuts..

She would send cars to my flat at 3 in the morning so that I would go over and ‘service’ her... I was kinda her *****, but she spent a fortune on me..

Was cool for a while but it lost it’s appeal and became a proper chore..

Not sure how these women that marry for money do it for 20 odd years.... Maybe they have less about them to get bored with it..

ReputationRep:
    wth man they are less prone to impregnate a healthy child and they will most likely die before you not that the dying part matters but you could be still a student and she is a ceo or a pro in her field...

ReputationRep:
    I would love to meet one of these who was not boring, sad, desperate or insane.
    Reccommendations? 'City' speed dating?!

theres always desperate middle aged women in clubs and stuff looking for some young buck to boost their self-esteem and tell their friends they still have 'it'. shame they're all fat and ugly. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    As relationships I dont think they work, but as short term flings and such, hell yes!

A few of us somehow ended up at this ****s house party and it was a breathe of fresh air from the usual bimbos around this area, they were witty, intelligent, had really good conversational skills etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    As relationships I dont think they work, but as short term flings and such, hell yes!

A few of us somehow ended up at this ****s house party and it was a breathe of fresh air from the usual bimbos around this area, they were witty, intelligent, had really good conversational skills etc!
    lol you sound ghetto

ReputationRep:
    leave my mother alone!

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ the phrase @Sugarmummy - doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Sugardaddy!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.