Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Diaz89)
    :yep: but that would be pointless.
    You are an arse. Grow up and get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    So you would go our of your way to deny gay people the rights and lifestyle they deserve/want, then.
    no I will never harm someone so I don't know what you mean by going out of my way. But if there was a nation wide vote on gay related policies then that's a different matter (I'm not referring to the legality or illegality of homosexuality, more on marriage etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    You are an arse. Grow up and get over yourself
    I will still keep my opinion and thus refuse your proposition.

ReputationRep:
    well im half and half, some call it greed, I call it being open to any possibility and experience.

ReputationRep:
    being homosexual is totally fine by me, but i still use "gay" as slang. it's supposedly a homophobic thing to do. soz gayz

ReputationRep:
    god damn sodomites.

I will still keep my opinion and thus refuse your proposition.
    I shouldnt have lost my temper. Your opinion, is however, completely bigoted and ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    no I will never harm someone so I don't know what you mean by going out of my way.
    http://www.answers.com/go%20out%20of%20one%27s%20way

But if there was a nation wide vote on gay related policies then that's a different matter (I'm not referring to the legality or illegality of homosexuality, more on marriage etc)
    What are you referring to, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    http://www.answers.com/go%20out%20of%20one%27s%20way

What are you referring to, then?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...sition_8_(2008)

ReputationRep:
    no i would do it legally and democratically.
    Why? Does it bother you that much what people do in their own bedrooms?

So I see you are with the old people, the religious right, and poorly educated people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    Why? Does it bother you that much what people do in their own bedrooms?
    that same argument can be applied to incest (not equating the two)

that same argument can be applied to incest (not equating the two)
    No it cant. Laws are there to protect the weak/vulnerable. Incest laws are there to protect the potential offspring. Homosexuality damages no-one.

ReputationRep:
    So I see you are with the old people, the religious right, and poorly educated people.
    not really, California is the most liberal state in America.

ReputationRep:
    You said you weren't referring to marriage.

ReputationRep:
    No it cant. Laws are there to protect the weak/vulnerable. Incest laws are there to protect the potential offspring. Homosexuality damages no-one.
    so if two consenting siblings decided to have sex on the condition that they wear a condom or one goes on the pill it should be legal?

not really, California is the most liberal state in America.
    Well that may be but those people, according to your link those people are the reason that bill was passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    You said you weren't referring to marriage.
    no I was referring punishing people with prison because they're gay (legality/illegality) it would be pointless

so if two consenting siblings decided to have sex on the condition that they wear a condom or one goes on the pill it should be legal?
    If you could guarantee that it wouldnt produce offspring, yes. However, you cant and they law would be unworkable so I think the easiest thing to do is a blanket ban. In your view why should homosexuality be illegal?

ReputationRep:
    The pill and condoms are not infallible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.