Turn on thread page Beta

Excessive highlighting watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered if people found that highlighting important sections in their notes helped them read or revise it. The reason of this is i was in an economics lecture yesterday and the girl in front of me seemed to be doing a lot of highlighting and underlining - I would estimate around 30% of the text on the few pages I saw were highlighten. The lecture notes wern't very detailed, so there didn't seem to be any need to actually highlight, and I would have just thought this amount of higlighting would make it easier to read.

So when you get given a set of printed notes in lectures or classes do you just scribble notes on them, write notes on another sheet of paper or highlight or underline key words and phrases - and do you find it helpful when you come to revise?

Oh one more thing - the girl I mentioned earlier was also highlighting titles and page numbers, which may mean she was just bored, rather than suffering from excessive highlighting.

ReputationRep:
    highlighting more than 5% of the words on a page is sad and for people of low intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    highlighting more than 5% of the words on a page is sad and for people of low intelligence
    So those of us that can't be bothered to highlight anything are super-intelligent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    So those of us that can't be bothered to highlight anything are super-intelligent?
    as i fall into that category id say... yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    as i fall into that category id say... yes
    Agreed

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.