Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite summer festival? (with poll) watch

• View Poll Results: What's your favourite summer festival?
    Reading/Leeds
    34.09%
    Glastonbury
    20.45%
    Wireless
    3.41%
    Latitude
    5.68%
    Bestival
    4.55%
    Oxygen
    3.41%
    T in the Park
    7.95%
    Wakestock
    0%
    Creamfields
    4.55%
    Download
    13.64%
    Isle of Wight
    3.41%
    Womad
    2.27%
    Other (say what it is)
    18.18%
    Festivals generally suck (explain your madness)
    4.55%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    Looking at the line-up I'd say Tribfest, it's actually pretty much perfect. Just click through all 3 days, it couldn't be better.

http://www.tribfest.co.uk/bands.htm
    It's all tribute bands though :/ wouldn't it be better to see the real bands?

ReputationRep:
    Download or Bloodstock!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds! I've just been out and bought my tent and wellies, I don't think I could be more excited!

I really wanted to go to EXIT festival in Serbia as well but couldn't get the money together in time

Latitude!

It begins tomorrow. Hoorah. Anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear about that dude who died at EXIT this year? **** sounds dangerous

ReputationRep:
    Reading/Leeds
    Latitude
    HARD ROCK CALLING- saw the killers there and they were awesome, festivally atmosphere in the middle of london- pretty damn good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    It's all tribute bands though :/ wouldn't it be better to see the real bands?
    I've been to glastonbudget this year and I'd say probably yes, but the tribute bands are spot on and the best in the country, some are international as well.

Find me a vestival with queen, u2, meat loaf, AC/DC, greenday, coldplay, oasis, prodigy, kings of leon, bryan adams, foo fighters. Now they might not be as good as the real thing, but they're still extremely entertaining and I'd prefer to see them than most of the crap at festivals.

Plus they only player killer tracks, no filler tracks.

I think you should go, it would surprise you how much you'd like it, it won't be full of nob heads either and wont have stupidly long walks.

I've been to Dload and glastonbudget this year so far and got v-festival to go and i might do linkin park day at sonisphere. This tribfest is actually same weekend as V-fest which is a pain, still might sell my v ticket and go tribfest, or just do it next year since i've already done a tribute fest.

us4 u2-vertigo(they just play all the hits)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvATZ-3fkM

the fillers-human.....i've seen killers before at a festival, these were better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvN0kc-jpKk

oasish was amazing-it just so happens when i saw oasis in june they was also amazing, yes real thing was better. But the lead singer of oasish is way funnier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQUyR...eature=related

queen- you wont see possible the greatest live band ever again, zoom to 3.40-he's amazing and the mannerism are spot on and hilarious because of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GawJ1...eature=related

Plus food is actually better than other festivals and a lot cheaper, plus booze is cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    You've missed V-festival off the list, pretty big one really.

Looking at the line-up I'd say Tribfest, it's actually pretty much perfect. Just click through all 3 days, it couldn't be better.

http://www.tribfest.co.uk/bands.htm

Never been to glasto but it would be the best one in terms of entertainment, plus discovering new bands plus bands you already want to see.
    Ah, sorry, I knew I'd accidentally miss a biggie off the list. My bad...

ReputationRep:
    Glastonbury has to be one of my favourite places/experiences of my life, both times I've been it was amazing. Like, even without the music, just the atmosphere and that is enough.
    Also even though it's not a music festival, I would sell my soul to go to the Burning Man art festival in America.

ReputationRep:
    Glastonbury! I don't know how anyone who has been can go to any other festival. Even though other festivals may have better line-ups, the atmosphere doesn't compare. And I like being surrounded by so many other lefties in the Green Fields.

Underage Festival last year was really good too though. I liked how the whole tent was like the front bit at other festivals as the entire crowd was into it.

ReputationRep:
    Endorse It In Dorset. And it's cheap too!

ReputationRep:
    V festival for me please!

It was immense last year and I can't wait until next weekend! =D

If only my darn tickets would get here . . .

ReputationRep:
    Sonisphere.

Bloodstock should be an option as well.

ReputationRep:
    Reading/Leeds- pah.
    No community atmosphere, and most importantly- no magic. Cannot believe it's the same price as Glastonbury when there is nothing on offer bar the main music, some food, alcohol, and a silent disco. Total disappointment, such a shame. I reckon the majority of the people who voted Reading/Leeds have never experience another festival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ehmo)
    Reading/Leeds- pah.
    No community atmosphere, and most importantly- no magic. Cannot believe it's the same price as Glastonbury when there is nothing on offer bar the main music, some food, alcohol, and a silent disco. Total disappointment, such a shame. I reckon the majority of the people who voted Reading/Leeds have never experience another festival.
    Glastonbury doesn't cater for anything above moderate rock though (I'm not defending R/L here, I'm defending Download/Sonisphere). It says it's the festival for everyone, but the line-up this year was heavily centered around pop and bland Indie.

I've registered for next year, but will only buy a ticket if the line-up gets more rock in it. e.g. Pixies, Incubus, QOTSA, Feeder, Faith No More..... they don't need metal bands, just 'alternative' bands.

ReputationRep:
    I chose other, it being EXIT festival in Serbia. Seriously, much better than Reading It's in a fortress!

(Original post by miki_da_magpie)
    Anyone hear about that dude who died at EXIT this year? **** sounds dangerous
    Yeah...I found out after I went that someone's died every year :/ To be fair he was very high and drunk, and it wasn't actually in the fortress, but still...

Last year it was due to a branch falling on a girl's tent, so this year there was NO shade in the campsite - did make for interesting viewing though, it meant at about 7 in the morning tents got too hot to sleep in so everyone crawled out of their tents to the shady area, by the last couple of days the ground was just littered with bodies as people only got a couple hours sleep each night - Serbia has no laws on sound volume or times

ReputationRep:
    I like washing and being clean, so for that reason, I'm out.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.