Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my unconditional on Friday Whoop

ReputationRep:
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    congrats peoples!!!

hopefully i'll be seeing you there (growling at august 20th taking so long)!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What are you applying to do mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrshembrough)
    (growling at august 20th taking so long)!!!!
    same ! still just think.. it's less than a month away now till we all discover our fate !

ReputationRep:
    i know, right, and then, when i get there, i get to change the course, huzzah!! (which, bizarrely, is sort of encouraged in the humanities depo).....

ReputationRep:
    i know, right, and then, when i get there, i get to change the course, huzzah!! (which, bizarrely, is sort of encouraged in the humanities depo).....
    Thats just weird lol

ReputationRep:
    how comes you're changing it ? from what to what ?

ReputationRep:
    from english lit with creative writing to history with creative writing

i mean, you have to take 3 subjects in the first year anyway, and then the degreart course doesnt really start until second year, so its not a big deal...

why??? i realised that i hate poetry (larkin, blake and betjeman will do that to you), and enjoy history lol,

ReputationRep:

i mean, you have to take 3 subjects in the first year anyway, and then the degreart course doesnt really start until second year, so its not a big deal...

why??? i realised that i hate poetry (larkin, blake and betjeman will do that to you), and enjoy history lol,
    What you forget is history is all in the past.

ReputationRep:

yeah the first year isn't really anything and doesn't count towards your degree anyway..

haha i can't stand poety.. i just don't see the point in it.. full stop.. the only expection i have is chaucer.. i think he's amazing !

i can't do history.. it simply doesn't interest me.. the only think that reeally grabs my attention is russian history/the fall of the imperial family/rasputin.. now that i can get my teeth into ! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    What you forget is history is all in the past.
    Haha so true

ReputationRep:
    Had my results emailed to me a couple of days ago. I think I need to forward them to herts. Does anyone know an email address to use the one on the website is automated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madhattertom)
    Had my results emailed to me a couple of days ago. I think I need to forward them to herts. Does anyone know an email address to use the one on the website is automated.
    You don't need to do anything, the uni gets the results before you do. If you're unsure ask your college to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    You don't need to do anything, the uni gets the results before you do. If you're unsure ask your college to make sure.
    Ok its just my offer still hasnt changed to un conditional and havent heard back about accommodation. You reply so quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madhattertom)
    Ok its just my offer still hasnt changed to un conditional and havent heard back about accommodation. You reply so quick
    Be patient. Like i said if you're worried contact your college and they'll let you know whats going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    Be patient. Like i said if you're worried contact your college and they'll let you know whats going on
    Im not worried because I have my results and know have met the offer im just not very patient.

ReputationRep:
    i've got an unconditional offer - marketing with advertising. well excited.
    and re: student finance, mine was surprisingly sorted out very quickly. i've got the final letter come through the other day explaining what i was going to get when and where.

urgh i'm going to be dead broke as well. need a job of somekind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazzaaa)
    i've got an unconditional offer - marketing with advertising. well excited.
    and re: student finance, mine was surprisingly sorted out very quickly. i've got the final letter come through the other day explaining what i was going to get when and where.

urgh i'm going to be dead broke as well. need a job of somekind.
    Budget, heavily. At least until you get your first semester's timetable, then you can work out when you can fit work in, if you can at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VENIVIDIVICI)
    Nah, as I'm cutting them some slack, I'm hoping that they would get back to me at least b4 mid-August. My file must be so thick and complicated that what should've taken the Biomed subject lead a day or two to review their "offer" to me, has taken another week....:eek3: :confused:

I can't bothered with them no more...end of. :yep:
    I finally got a call and an email from the Biomed admission lead, saying that he went on holiday for a month and thought somebody had taken care of my query????

I got the offer I applied for, but have decided not to take it...I've not been impressed with how my application has been handled and as I haven't heard from them by last week (even after countless emails, etc.), I decided to re-register with my current uni. Better the devil I know...

Such a shame.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.