Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VENIVIDIVICI)
    I finally got a call and an email from the Biomed admission lead, saying that he went on holiday for a month and thought somebody had taken care of my query????

I got the offer I applied for, but have decided not to take it...I've not been impressed with how my application has been handled and as I haven't heard from them by last week (even after countless emails, etc.), I decided to re-register with my current uni. Better the devil I know...

Such a shame.
    So you're going to stay at a uni you hate purely based on the lead tutor went on holiday? Imagine if they'd sent you an offer to join the uni, you went on holiday and by the time you came home they said "sorry we don't want you because you went on holiday"

Childish behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VENIVIDIVICI)
    I finally got a call and an email from the Biomed admission lead, saying that he went on holiday for a month and thought somebody had taken care of my query????

I got the offer I applied for, but have decided not to take it...I've not been impressed with how my application has been handled and as I haven't heard from them by last week (even after countless emails, etc.), I decided to re-register with my current uni. Better the devil I know...

Such a shame.
    You know people do go on holiday ? I don't see why you even bothered applying , it doesn't matter how long it takes. It's better late then never you say the uni you're currently at you don't enjoy that much and it doesn't impress you yet you've turned down an offer that you've been given after all of this. It seems pretty pointless to begin and end with.

People are not at uni during this time the reason you got an answer was because they were all on holiday, I don't get why you didn't accept it. You seemed so adamant to come here and now you turned it down ?

ReputationRep:
    yes please do another tsr meet up it was so nice the first year it was done ! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steventhfc)
    You know people do go on holiday ? I don't see why you even bothered applying , it doesn't matter how long it takes. It's better late then never you say the uni you're currently at you don't enjoy that much and it doesn't impress you yet you've turned down an offer that you've been given after all of this. It seems pretty pointless to begin and end with.

People are not at uni during this time the reason you got an answer was because they were all on holiday, I don't get why you didn't accept it. You seemed so adamant to come here and now you turned it down ?
    Yeah, you right. I also wonder now why I applied . I got the offer today in the post, but am not jumping for joy.

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional for Computer Science! So relieved!

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for Multimedia Technology.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats people Hopefully you'll have a great time at uni, i have and I am so excited about going back for final year!
    We should organise a TSR meet up, I've missed a few so would be good to finally meet the people behind the screen!

ReputationRep:
    Got in ! I'm suprised, haha!

ReputationRep:
    Well done peoples, sign in on the TSR Freshers Meetup thread (and facebook group) so we can all celebrate in person

ReputationRep:
    Just got my accomodation pack, anyone else in flat 5 De Havilland?

ReputationRep:
    *shamless plug* If you join this group, you'll find a lot of people, no guarentees to be flatmates though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    *shamless plug* If you join this group, you'll find a lot of people, no guarentees to be flatmates though
    As you seem to be the guru of all things Herts on TSR, do you have any idea how to get a parking permit for college lane, when and how to apply etc?

The pack you get is really confusing about it and havent found a thread or facebook page where anyone seems to know!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vokes)
    As you seem to be the guru of all things Herts on TSR, do you have any idea how to get a parking permit for college lane, when and how to apply etc?

The pack you get is really confusing about it and havent found a thread or facebook page where anyone seems to know!

Cheers
    Having had a permit for two years yes i do know

Once you've collected your keys you'll be able to get one, my first year they were sold from the post room, the year after they were upstairs in butler so it'd be best to ask whoever is handing out the keys where they're told this year, it'll be about £75 for the year

ReputationRep:
    Having had a permit for two years yes i do know

Once you've collected your keys you'll be able to get one, my first year they were sold from the post room, the year after they were upstairs in butler so it'd be best to ask whoever is handing out the keys where they're told this year, it'll be about £75 for the year
    I'm not staying in halls so wont be at that bit.
    It says you have to fill out an exceptional circumstances form for one, but havent been able to find one anywhere :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vokes)
    I'm not staying in halls so wont be at that bit.
    It says you have to fill out an exceptional circumstances form for one, but havent been able to find one anywhere :dontknow:
    In that case i'm not sure of how you'd go about it. If the reason isn't medical you're not going to get one i'm afraid. This shouldn't really be too much of a problem anyway as there is plenty of parking nearby the uni (and also the P&R, which i'm told isn't free this year, but it'll surely be less than £75/year)

ReputationRep:
    In that case i'm not sure of how you'd go about it. If the reason isn't medical you're not going to get one i'm afraid. This shouldn't really be too much of a problem anyway as there is plenty of parking nearby the uni (and also the P&R, which i'm told isn't free this year, but it'll surely be less than £75/year)
    Been through all the options and car is the only practical one really. I have to drop off/pickup the kiddy from nursery which will be only 15/20 minutes before/after some of my lectures. Even with the park and ride I would be late everytime

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, is there no way you could ask the school/nursery to look after the kiddy for a short time?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, is there no way you could ask the school/nursery to look after the kiddy for a short time?
    I can, but its already costing me £1000 a month Get some of that back from CCG etc but it would be an extra £20 a morning or afternoon which is just too much money

ReputationRep:
    I got in, yay! :-) Does anybody know when we get our formal accommodation offer in the post??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyy)
    I got in, yay! :-) Does anybody know when we get our formal accommodation offer in the post??
    Hopefully within the week

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.