Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay great, thanks. :-D

ReputationRep:
    Can we take our PCs?

I have my mac laptop, but I'd rather have a windows with me also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooga)
    Can we take our PCs?

I have my mac laptop, but I'd rather have a windows with me also.
    They're not essential, but theres no reason why you can't There will be a network point in every room on both campuses so provided you have an ethernet (cat5) cable you'll be fine, there is no wireless in halls however.

ReputationRep:
    ahh i'm in ! english lit and philosophy !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s+lky)
    ahh i'm in ! english lit and philosophy !
    Well done Join the TSR meet group :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    Well done Join the TSR meet group :p:
    that i shall !

ReputationRep:
    Is there a link for that group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vokes)
    Is there a link for that group?
    Facebook Group

TSR Thread

ReputationRep:
    Parking Permits will be about £75 for the year
    Just seen the official amount, my bad, its £115 for the year for a parking permit.

The shuttle from the Park & Ride is free, but there is no mention of whether there is a fee for parking at the Park & Ride unfortunately so that could mean its free, or they know its a ripoff and don't want to tell people.

I also completely forgot that there is a new car park as part of the Forum, again no details of a fee are mentioned so again it could be free or it could be a ripoff.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the official amount, my bad, its £115 for the year for a parking permit.

The shuttle from the Park & Ride is free, but there is no mention of whether there is a fee for parking at the Park & Ride unfortunately so that could mean its free, or they know its a ripoff and don't want to tell people.

I also completely forgot that there is a new car park as part of the Forum, again no details of a fee are mentioned so again it could be free or it could be a ripoff.

Just found out aswell, if you have kids under 12 you get a free permit

Wont effect most people but never know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vokes)
    Just found out aswell, if you have kids under 12 you get a free permit

Wont effect most people but never know!
    Wins all round

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting for there ucas to be updated from hertfordshire? I have met my conditions for the course, but it still hasnt changed from conditional, to unconditional, i rang the uni yesterday and they said ive been accepted, and that it should update with in the next 24 hours, but still hasnt changed. I guess it doesnt matter that much if theyve already confirmed ive been accepted.

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting too ;/

ReputationRep:
    Did you by any chance get better than your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikinmad)
    Did you by any chance get better than your predicted grades?

Why would that matter?

My friend is working on clearing at the moment and they said that the priority at the moment is helping the clearing students and that they have a good few thousand places yet to confirm. You should hear from them soon and that if you've you got the grades then to not worry. Kevin my friend who's working on clearing said that once the majority of clearing people are done they'll try and get yours sorted. They're doing both at once just not as fast as they wished.

Hope thats of some help

ReputationRep:
    I almost got my unconditional whoop!
    atm the moment my status is still ''conditional'' (had to complete my foundation year) because I still haven't got my certificate yet -_- but will probs get it on wednesday so yeah. I can't wait really haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steventhfc)
    Why would that matter?
    Well one of my friends, along with me, got better grades than expected, and we are still waiting for our status to be updated, and we were both planning on doing the adjustment process. However we have not been able to do this as, as our offer is still conditional, and one of the teachers at my school suggested that they might be delaying updating our status to prevent is going elsewhere.

Then again, i am pretty happy with hertfordshire, and just want ucas to confirm it, and get my accomodation sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Well one of my friends, along with me, got better grades than expected, and we are still waiting for our status to be updated, and we were both planning on doing the adjustment process. However we have not been able to do this as, as our offer is still conditional, and one of the teachers at my school suggested that they might be delaying updating our status to prevent is going elsewhere.

Then again, i am pretty happy with hertfordshire, and just want ucas to confirm it, and get my accomodation sorted.
    I severely doubt the university would do that , thats well unprofessional!

ReputationRep:
    However we have not been able to do this as, as our offer is still conditional, and one of the teachers at my school suggested that they might be delaying updating our status to prevent is going elsewhere.
    That would be a very underhand and unprofessional move to make, to suggest such a thing of the uni tells me you're not really what we're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt suggest that, thats what a teacher said, and i wasnt saying i agree/disagree with the statement, i was merely just looking to see if that backed up the statement.

But at the minute, i am getting told to ring the uni by ucas, saying its a fault on there end why my track has not updated, and ucas telling me the uni has yet to make a decision. Only reason why im trying to hurry it up is im going on holiday soon, and was hoping to get everything sorted out before my holiday.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.