Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Homophobia and gender Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you homophobic?
    No and I'm female
    41.12%
    No and I'm male
    46.45%
    Yes and I'm female
    3.85%
    Yes and I'm male
    8.58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JectioN)
    Do you also think heterosexual people should stop parading it in front of you and keep it in the privacy of there houses?

What's wrong with me trying to change your views in a free society as long as I'm not unduly bothering you or threatening you?

Anyway.
    I respect your views but I don't accept them, there is a difference. Obviously I have my views for a reason and so there is really no point trying to say gay people are right when it's clear that I don't agree with it.

Hetrosexuals can do as they please, they don't flaunt it in front of me like gay people do. How often do you see a straight man walking around trying to gain attention when he is with there partner? Almost never but with homosexuals it is the complete opposite, they talk like a woman and act like a woman, not to mention shouting when talking.

It's so annoying to see a member of the same sex as myself acting like a female. It makes the male sex weaker and in tribes i'm pretty sure they would be killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    I respect your views but I don't accept them, there is a difference. Obviously I have my views for a reason and so there is really no point trying to say gay people are right when it's clear that I don't agree with it.
    There's not really any agreeing or disagreeing to be done, gay people exist whether you like it or not. Homosexuality can't be wrong or right because there isn't any choice to be made; it's just there and you're gonna have to deal with it because people today are past shying away and hiding who they truely are. It's not wrong to try and change people's viewpoints because it's completely unethical and immoral to hate someone because of their biological make up and things they are unable to control. It baffles me how people like you aren't ashamed of their views, at least some racists keep their bigoted thoughts to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Hetrosexuals can do as they please, they don't flaunt it in front of me like gay people do.
    Define what you mean when you say 'flaunt'.

When I'm walking around my Camden Town, I always see heterosexual couples kissing in the middle of the street. Doesn't that constitute flaunting?

How often do you see a straight man walking around trying to gain attention when he is with there partner?
    All the time with their public snogging, holding hands, etc. I live in central London where everyone is supposedly gay and I rarely come across two men or two women kissing or holding hands.

they talk like a woman and act like a woman, not to mention shouting when talking.
    I have two close gay friends and neither of them talk or act 'like a women'. You're grossly stereotyping.

It's so annoying to see a member of the same sex as myself acting like a female.
    Once again, you're stereotyping.

It makes the male sex weaker.
    How?

ReputationRep:
    Define what you mean when you say 'flaunt'.

When I'm walking around my Camden Town, I always see heterosexual couples kissing in the middle of the street. Doesn't that constitute flaunting?

No because they aren't drawing attention to it, you choose to look at them, I doubt they actually want you looking whereas gay people want you to. I too live in London. The one time I have passed through Soho was the single worst moment of my life, all of these women who looked like men and vice-versa making out(with the same sex) as if they owned the place.

All the time with their public snogging, holding hands, etc. I live in central London where everyone is supposedly gay and I rarely come across two men or two women kissing or holding hands.

Holding hands, you see little children holding hands, it is a sign of affection and is so innocent.

I have two close gay friends and neither of them talk or act 'like a women'. You're grossly stereotyping.

Well from what I have seen of gay people on TV and no not these soaps, Alan Carr for one, he has the most annoying voice, why does he sound like a woman?

Once again, you're stereotyping.

That's your opinion, you can't deny that gay people do this though.

How?
    Why do you think tribes kill gay people, why did Hitler kill gay people (other than his personal distaste for them) it is because it is generally seen as a sign of weakness.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think tribes kill gay people
    Which tribes are you talking about? To enlighten you, homosexuality was largely accepted among many Native American tribes.

why did Hitler kill gay people (other than his personal distaste for them) it is because it is generally seen as a sign of weakness.
    Are you seriously referring to Hitler to support your point? He also massacred Jews because he though that they belonged to a weaker race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    There's not really any agreeing or disagreeing to be done, gay people exist whether you like it or not. Homosexuality can't be wrong or right because there isn't any choice to be made; it's just there and you're gonna have to deal with it because people today are past shying away and hiding who they truely are. It's not wrong to try and change people's viewpoints because it's completely unethical and immoral to hate someone because of their biological make up and things they are unable to control. It baffles me how people like you aren't ashamed of their views, at least some racists keep their bigoted thoughts to themselves.
    It can be right or wrong though, if it wasn't wrong then why are so many people ashamed of being that way and afraid to tell anyone?

In all religions it isn't approved and in Islam, gay people are killed. If it wasn't wrong would any of the above be true, NO.

There is not enough evidence to say that it's due to the biological aspects of the person, so don't true to tell me that it's biological. It's as much environmentally as it is biological.

ReputationRep:
    Which tribes are you talking about? To enlighten you, homosexuality was largely accepted among many Native American tribes.

Inca tribes, you know the South American tribe that incorporated a large portion of western South America.

Then there was this http://www.groundreport.com/World/Ga...bers-in-Iraq_2

Native American weren't a violent tribe and that was why it was accepted (to enlighten you)

Are you seriously referring to Hitler to support your point? He also massacred Jews because he though that they belonged to a weaker race.
    You can't deny that it happened though. The reason I selected Hitler was because it was seen as weakness which is my point.
    Why are you bringing up the Jews for? I didn't mention them. I took History so I think I do know. Also to enlighten you, he killed Russians, Polish, Jehovah's Witnesses along with many other groups so if you are going to bring up the Holocaust don't pick and choose.

ReputationRep:
    It can be right or wrong though, if it wasn't wrong then why are so many people ashamed of being that way and afraid to tell anyone?

Because they're afraid of exclusion and oppression due to religious masses and ignorant morons influencing the opinions of the public. How can you not see that?

In all religions it isn't approved and in Islam, gay people are killed. If it wasn't wrong would any of the above be true, NO.
    Islam is a ******* joke cult and it has no relevance to the modern world, nor does any other religion. If you're using religion to back up your opinions then I guess I've already won.

There is not enough evidence to say that it's due to the biological aspects of the person, so don't true to tell me that it's biological. It's as much environmentally as it is biological.
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/...eep-study.html

There is just one of many research examples, you can search around yourself for some more. No, there is not conclusive proof that it is entirely biological but more scientific studies are leaning that way especially nowadays. Who cares if it's either? The point is that it's beyond the control of the individual much like being black, being tall, having big feet, having blue eyes etc. There is absolutely no valid argument for homosexuality being 'wrong'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    Because they're afraid of exclusion and oppression due to religious masses and ignorant morons influencing the opinions of the public. How can you not see that?

I see it but if it isn't a big deal anymore then people should be comfortable. With all the new laws giving homosexuals more rights surely they should be happier as who they are.

Islam is a ******* joke cult and it has no relevance to the modern world, nor does any other religion. If you're using religion to back up your opinions then I guess I've already won.

I'm Catholic personally and so I will use my beliefs, don't get me wrong there are areas that I don't like or agree with but on the whole it does make sense. Islam, I have never studied them outside of school and personally they make me uncomfortable but they don't mess around and know what they want.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...eep-study.html

There is just one of many research examples, you can search around yourself for some more. No, there is not conclusive proof that it is entirely biological but more scientific studies are leaning that way especially nowadays. Who cares if it's either? The point is that it's beyond the control of the individual much like being black, being tall, having big feet, having blue eyes etc. There is absolutely no valid argument for homosexuality being 'wrong'.
    3 of the 4 things you listed apply to me, the black point didn't though. Also FYI, you can now have designer babies so you can actually choose them things or at least you will be able to for a price soon enough. I see your point though and so yh if it is biological then tough break.

ReputationRep:
    As for me, homosexualists have a right to live among us as they are people like we also. Though i know persons who wish to isolate them from normal society or even vanish them. Is it fair? They don't touch us, why should we touch them? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    I felt this was easier than systematically explaining why your points are ******* stupid.
    You could not deconstruct my argument because my argument was based on truth and is irrefutable. :rolleyes:

You twisted my own words but what was left of it was something that did not make any sense at all. Of course heterosexuality is promoted- it is the most natural thing in the world - sexuality being the duality that creates life- anything else is a corruption and is false.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    You could not deconstruct my argument because my argument was based on truth and is irrefutable. :rolleyes:

You twisted my own words but what was left of it was something that did not make any sense at all. Of course heterosexuality is promoted- it is the most natural thing in the world - sexuality being the duality that creates life- anything else is a corruption and is false.
    Ahh right sorry, I thought you were one of those slightly daft 'homosexuality's fine as long as they don't try and push it in school' types.

Turns out you're actually one of those utterly moronic 'I hate gays because they're unnatural and an abomination' types. I've honestly no idea how to deal with people as bigoted and stupid as you. So I won't bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    Ahh right sorry, I thought you were one of those slightly daft 'homosexuality's fine as long as they don't try and push it in school' types.

Turns out you're actually one of those utterly moronic 'I hate gays because they're unnatural and an abomination' types. I've honestly no idea how to deal with people as bigoted and stupid as you. So I won't bother.
    I take people as I find them, I dont hate homosexuals, I never said that in anything I posted. I feel sorry for homosexuals as I would anyone else who is ill - i want them to get better! I don't approve of what they do and I don't approve of it being promoted as if its normal - thats what I have a problem with. As long as you keep it amongst yourselves then I have no problem with that.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Your clearly a fool. Homosexuality is a corruption of the natural order of things - sexuality being the duality that creates life. It is no different to any other corruption of sexuality and so it does set a dangerous precedent to allow homosexuals to marry.
    I'm going to neg rep you to high heaven if you don't stop using the words 'duality of life' to describe straight couples. Every single time I have seen a thread about gay people you hop in with your duality and think it makes every single gay person irrelevant because we do not fit into this utter arsedribble you've pulled from God only knows. I love a girl. She loves me. There's a million people out there just trying to live their lives without thinking about having kids - some are gay and some are straight. This duality of life has nothing to do with the majority of people.

And no, the only thing gay marriage would allow is gay marriage. It wouldn't lead to penguins marrying hamsters. It wouldn't lead to the marrying of folks that have been dead for hundreds of years. It would simple lead to two people in love being able to make a commitment contract and to be given rights that so many other people have.

So shove your duality up where it hurts and chill the hell out.

And you've said that gay discrimination doesn't exist?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violenc...st_LGBT_people
    These people were hurt because of who they are. This include young teens and a three year old beaten to death for showing 'gay traits' so don't you dare say that discrimination doesn't exist if some people can go as far as killing people for who they are. Until sexuality stops being an issue and we can all just get on with our lives then gay people have every right to stand up for themselves with pride events. Pride is about remembering those that stood up for our rights in the past, and taking a stand for those that don't yet have equal rights. It's not recruitment - you can't recruit to a sexuality. It's to show others that they're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I'm going to neg rep you to high heaven if you don't stop using the words 'duality of life' to describe straight couples. Every single time I have seen a thread about gay people you hop in with your duality and think it makes every single gay person irrelevant because we do not fit into this utter arsedribble you've pulled from God only knows. I love a girl. She loves me. There's a million people out there just trying to live their lives without thinking about having kids - some are gay and some are straight. This duality of life has nothing to do with the majority of people.

And no, the only thing gay marriage would allow is gay marriage. It wouldn't lead to penguins marrying hamsters. It wouldn't lead to the marrying of folks that have been dead for hundreds of years. It would simple lead to two people in love being able to make a commitment contract and to be given rights that so many other people have.

So shove your duality up where it hurts and chill the hell out.

And you've said that gay discrimination doesn't exist?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violenc...st_LGBT_people
    These people were hurt because of who they are. This include young teens and a three year old beaten to death for showing 'gay traits' so don't you dare say that discrimination doesn't exist if some people can go as far as killing people for who they are. Until sexuality stops being an issue and we can all just get on with our lives then gay people have every right to stand up for themselves with pride events. Pride is about remembering those that stood up for our rights in the past, and taking a stand for those that don't yet have equal rights. It's not recruitment - you can't recruit to a sexuality. It's to show others that they're not alone.
    The purpose of sex -the natural order of things- is to make babies - why else is it pleasurable? - to ensure we have sex and continue to have sex ensuring the species survive. How do you create babies? With a sperm and an egg - this requires a man and a woman. In short - sexuality = duality (man/woman) - creates life.

Is that simple enough for you? Can you actually say that this is factually wrong? :rolleyes: Come on, lets see you try to argue that that is wrong? I look forward to your answer.

On to your next point. The natural order is highly relevant because anything else is a corruption of nature!

Why do you need gay marriage? Whats wrong with civil partnerships? No what you want is to *******ize marriage and all the tradition that comes with it. :rolleyes:

As for your discrimination point. So what? We all know there are bullys out in the real world. Loads of straight people get beaten and stabbed outside night clubs everyday. Everyone is equal under the law - you get beaten up = you can sue and send other person to jail. Discrimination does not exist!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    The purpose of sex -the natural order of things- is to make babies - why else is it pleasurable? - to ensure we have sex and continue to have sex ensuring the species survive. How do you create babies? With a sperm and an egg - this requires a man and a woman. In short - sexuality = duality (man/woman) - creates life.

Is that simple enough for you? Can you actually say that this is factually wrong? Come on, lets see you try to argue that that is wrong? I look forward to your answer.

On to your next point. The natural order is highly relevant because anything else is a corruption of nature!

Why do you need gay marriage? Whats wrong with civil partnerships? No what you want is to *******ize marriage and all the tradition that comes with it.

As for your discrimination point. So what? We all know there are bullys out in the real world. Loads of straight people get beaten and stabbed outside night clubs everyday. Everyone is equal under the law - you get beaten up = you can sue and send other person to jail. Discrimination does not exist!
    So if we're not making babies we don't have the right to love? Should we be shooting old people?

We need a guy to get pregnant (or that new awesome fake sperm that looks utterly awesome) but babies don't always come out of a loving, or sometimes any, relationship at all. Sperm donors, one night stands, accidents, the fact that one guy could probably provide a whole town of women with babies makes your point a little silly. There's so many ways around 'the natural order of things' that the natural order of things becomes redundant. Give me love and science any day over a miserable existance playing straight.

Civil partnerships create a system that's "one thing for us, another thing for you" and it creates another difference. I have seen some awful, awful people get married and divorced within a year so if you folks can ruin marriage so well, give us a go at it too. That or make all relationships 'unmarriage' unless religion needs marriage. Give everyone civil partnerships. Make everything equal.

And those people were hurt for being gay. Straight people weren't hurt for being straight. That's the difference. They were stabbed, shot, beaten and had all manner of other things done to them because of who they loved. Not for anything else but for who they were. And the argument of gay panic still works. Claiming that the gay person scared you enough to send you into a blind rage still works and can be used as an excuse for killing or hurting somebody. Since when is that a good enough excuse? If I screamed straight panic, I'd be laughed out of court! Equality doesn't exist. We're moving towards it but it still doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:

Is that simple enough for you? Can you actually say that this is factually wrong? Come on, lets see you try to argue that that is wrong? I look forward to your answer.

Why do you need gay marriage? Whats wrong with civil partnerships? No what you want is to *******ize marriage and all the tradition that comes with it.

The tradition has already been *******ised with atheists being permitted to marry in churches and divorces taking place at a phenomenal scale. I have no sympathy for traditionalists/religious nuts who feel so apprehensive at the thought of gay marriage. Their fault for not adhering to their teachings. Then again you have women vicars anyway. Enough said really.

ReputationRep:
    Hetrosexuals can do as they please, they don't flaunt it in front of me like gay people do. How often do you see a straight man walking around trying to gain attention when he is with there partner?
    Saw oral sex taking place outside a train station near the taxi rank between a heterosexual couple I was with, along with a few others, after drinking at the pub. Personally I'd shoot her (and him) with my Makarov imitation airgun in the knees, IRA style.

It was tolerated in Druidism, Britain's most ancient and indigenous religion. It might be tolerated in Buddhism as well.

ReputationRep:

Is that simple enough for you? Can you actually say that this is factually wrong? :rolleyes: Come on, lets see you try to argue that that is wrong? I look forward to your answer.
    It's utterly meaningless. Sure the biological purpose of sex is passing on your genes, the biological purpose of all characteristics in all species is passing on your genes. The purpose of altruism is passing on your genes, does that mean I shouldn't help a little old lady across the road because it's unlikely to further my procreation aims. Clearly not. In thousands of years of human society most of us have thankfully risen above the idea that basic evolutionary impulses are the best way to structure society. Seemingly not you.

This applies equally to gays and straights. Newsflash: When I **** my girlfriend a combination of a little white tablet and a piece of latex make it (hopefully) pretty unlikely that any sprogs are going to result. This is not some kind of abomination against the 'duality of nature', it's progress.

Why do you need gay marriage? Whats wrong with civil partnerships? No what you want is to *******ize marriage and all the tradition that comes with it. :rolleyes:
    What tradition of marriage? Do you mean the Hindu tradition of marriage, the Roman tradition of marriage, the Buddhist tradition of marriage? Oh wait, no, you mean your personal marriage tradition which you think we should all adhere to. Well as a matter of fact I've got my own tradition of marriage and it includes gay people. So why don't you go off and have your marriage tradition and I and the rest of the 21st century will have ours. Does that work for you.

You've just told us that you consider homosexuality a mental illness and now you're trying to tell me that discrimination doesn't exist. As long as homophobic little tossers like you get to sit on juries and get to elect people there will be some kind of discrimination. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It was tolerated in Druidism, Britain's most ancient and indigenous religion. It might be tolerated in Buddhism as well.
    Indeed. The ancient Greeks bloody loved a bit of ****. Seen the movie Troy? Put it this way, before the Americans *******ised the story Patroclus wasn't Achilles' cousin.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.