Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right so this is quite a puzzling one guys. I've known this guy for a couple of years. I met him through my secondary school friends and we like instantly got close, within a week or so we were already exchanging intimate secrets and so forth and he'd already do really sweet things like text me to make sure I was ok at work experience. After 2 months of knowing him he invited me to a family bbq (which he didn't invite anyone else he'd known for ages to).

To cut a long story short I got feelings for him and I told him about it and he said he didn't wanna ruin our friendship. I thought this was a good point and left it at that. He then started talking about kissing me and us going for a meal together. I was confused because that didn't sound like something 'just friends' do. He got increasingly flirty and then started doing stuff like talking dirty to me, which brought back feelingd for him. But as well as all of this he's also like my best friend. He often texts me with things like, 'You're amazing' and 'I love you so much' but I dnt kno how to interpret this. He reveals everything to me and trusts me but recently he's been talking about us having sex.

I trust him alot because I know him and I know how much he cares about me, he always shows me how much, but I don't want to be naive and think that this is going somewhere when it really couldn't be. Can someone please give me their take on what they think is going on I should do? (Taking into consideration I'm going to uni in September and he already goes to uni)

Thanks for listening guys.

ReputationRep:
    Take it slow... maybe not too heavy before uni?

ReputationRep:
    He maybe wants to getting to know you better

ReputationRep:
    he lika some bootaay

ReputationRep:
    he's your friend
    if you've talked about it that's all he is
    end of

EDIT : just read the bit about you having sex, err you two need to sit and have a serious chat - don't just sleep with him because you "love" him
    know what you want before and don't walk away with anything less because it's your friendship at stake

ReputationRep:
    woah cocoa WOAH hold your horses.
    I say, be straight with him, see where it goes - hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Theres a chances hes just playing all the cards he can, hitting on your best mate and leading you on cus he can, but theres also a chance he does like you...
    that said, if he originally said he could only be mates with you then that is unlikely to change...
    that said, the best lovers are best friends...

in my oppinion? see where he's going with it, dont let yourself get feelings. you could even ask him directly. It could not be worth it at all, just go look for a different guy?

or boil his bunny. x

ReputationRep:
    just see what he wants and tlk to him about it tbh i just think he's being a bit playful and feels comfortable around you and dont think too much into the your amazing i love you thing cus i say that to my bestfriend aswell (who is a girl aswell) and i dont like her like that but the talking about you kissing etc if you feel uncomfortable ask him about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.