Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please don't bother replying if you're going to make jokes.
    My boyfriend, who is a virgin, does not masturbate in the conventional way but instead...well basically he humps things.
    I thought this was just his preferred method but I found out that he can't move his foreskin down over his glans properly and it causes him quite a lot of pain if he does- so obviously he can't touch himself in the regular way and I can't touch him either, he can only move it up and down slightly, and although he's not ready to have sex with me yet, it wouldn't be physically possible for him to do so because he'd be in too much pain.
    Is this a tight foreskin or something else? Will it get better in time or does he need some cream or even circumcision?

err anon because this post doesnt need to be associated with my profile

my boyf has a similar problem, though not even close to being as sever as your boyfriend's...it makes it easier if he does start masturbating in the "conventional sense" - shower? also try blowjobs as your relationship progresses (those didn't hurt mine, but he can masturbate)
    we have to be careful sometimes the foreskin gets a little inflamed or the head gets super sensitive, but if we take it slow (i always let him lead/retain some control even when i'm on top)

don't get offended if he stops suddenly sometimes when you do get to having sex, it's not you it's him

enjoy the attention he will present you with, it's the best part haha

if he can't get to "conventional masturbation" the only other solution is circumcision

how old are you guys??

also, with a bit of googling you can find ALOT of information about others who have gone through it as well
    that's how i familiarized myself with the problem - i just couldn't bring myself to talk to him about it again - he was uncomfortable enough telling me about it the first time

(Original post by Anonymous)
    err anon because this post doesnt need to be associated with my profile

my boyf has a similar problem, though not even close to being as sever as your boyfriend's...it makes it easier if he does start masturbating in the "conventional sense" - shower? also try blowjobs as your relationship progresses (those didn't hurt mine, but he can masturbate)
    we have to be careful sometimes the foreskin gets a little inflamed or the head gets super sensitive, but if we take it slow (i always let him lead/retain some control even when i'm on top)

don't get offended if he stops suddenly sometimes when you do get to having sex, it's not you it's him

enjoy the attention he will present you with, it's the best part haha

if he can't get to "conventional masturbation" the only other solution is circumcision

how old are you guys??
    Hm it's a bit of an awkward situation isn't it?
    It's not like I mind waiting, I'm more worried about him and I don't want him to go through loads of trouble/pain for me, even though ultimately I suppose it would be for anyone he wants to get intimate with. My boyfriend has been trying in the shower but progress is very very slow!
    We're 17, I'm 18 in september, he's younger than me...I lost mine at 14 which is a huge regret, I always wanted to wait until I was 16, but anyway that's another story. Basically I'm a lot more experienced than him; I was his first kiss.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest he go and see his doctor and perhaps take you along for support if he wants. It's not going to be easy but this is obviously something he shouldn't have to put up with for the rest of his life. Circumcision is a really small operation and he'd be in and out of hospital in less than a day so if you can encourage him along these lines i would.
    It must be very frustrating for the both of you. Good luck

Anon because i don't want to shout to the world my penal details :awesome:

Well i was like that at about thirteen, but over years of masturbation i stretched it slowly and slowly and now it goes all the way. But i guess it's too late for him to doo that? :unsure:

(Original post by Smile88egc)
    . Circumcision is a really small operation and he'd be in and out of hospital in less than a day
    With really big consequences. She shouldnt be encouraging him to take any such drastic measures. leave it for him to decide.

ReputationRep:
    If anything the consequences of circumcision are good as it's been linked with lower rates of penile cancer and redcued transmission of STI's.
    It's not a drastic measure if it's medically necessary.

Either he is a) just scared of moving his foreskin up and down, which seems weird for everyone at first and there is always a bit of pain, I was scared of something else when I first started masturbating; I was scared of ejaculating when I first started lol b) he really does need circumcision or c) he really does need to go to the doctor to check his condition

Well i was like that at about thirteen, but over years of masturbation i stretched it slowly and slowly and now it goes all the way. But i guess it's too late for him to doo that? :unsure:
    I don't know, what do you think? He's 17. So it was painful in the beginning for you too?

With really big consequences. She shouldnt be encouraging him to take any such drastic measures. leave it for him to decide.
    Well, I'm not going to encourage anything, it's his body. It was actually his suggestion. I just wanted to know if anyone else had found a solution.

My boyfriends foreskin is exactly the same. Unless he is masturbating he cant pull it down, but even when he does masturbate it only pulls down maybe a 1cm?
    We thought when we started having sex that it would affect his foreskin but it didnt at all, you will be surprised. Just dont pressure him for it but just let him know it happens to alot of men and they still function normally.

Oh yeah he is 21

My boyfriend used to be like this. His wasn't super-tight but he never used to roll it down past the head bit. Then during sex it kinda just gradually happened and now its loosened up a bit! Most of the time its not a problem and dont need to roll it down anyway. like if im helping him he tells me just not t o let it roll past the head if possible! with like lube or a bj kinda then its not a problem cos it slides up okay! if its really tight you can see a doctor about it though!

ReputationRep:

I like a problem where the solution is years and years worth of masturbation.

ReputationRep:
    Tight foreskin could be phimosis, this can be solved in many cases with stretching.. erm exercises? From what I hear it may take a long time however. As for humping things well its not really a problem is it? He's burning more calories than most people when he's pleasuring himself.
    Search the web for phimosis, wikipedia has a good article. I'm not going to link to it however as its a tad graphic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Tight foreskin could be phimosis, this can be solved in many cases with stretching.. erm exercises? From what I hear it may take a long time however. As for humping things well its not really a problem is it? He's burning more calories than most people when he's pleasuring himself.
    Search the web for phimosis, wikipedia has a good article. I'm not going to link to it however as its a tad graphic.

Sounds like phimosis to me as well. It can be solved by stretching rather than circumcision. Stretching and steroid cream (prescribed by the GP) can clear it up in a shorter period than it takes to recover from a circumcision.

ReputationRep:
    U sure hes not jus sayin that as an excuse and is secretly gay?

ReputationRep:
    I read a website about this condition once- I'm pretty sure he said the solution is to try and change to normal masturbation. But a doctor would probably be able to help

I noticed I had this when I was about 14. However, after going to the docs he encouraged me to stretch the skin and gave me some steroid cream to apply. I did it and, if I remember correctly, within about a month I could pull it back fully with no real issue. It's been 10 years since then, and no problems since.

All i'd say is don't rush into a circumcision... yes, it has some benefits (some STI protection etc), but many men also experience reduced sensitivity and some even find it hard to masturbate.

Basically, get him to go to the doc, and with a bit of stretching, steriod cream and time, he will most likely be fine. Oh, and please... be kind to him about it. If you are indeed his first kiss, being unkind about his situation will prob scar him for life.. seriously... you sound supportive and appear to care for him... so be nice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.