Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

4 stone in 8 weeks, is a a fools dream? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It can be done; get some diet pills and be excited, be, be excited!

ReputationRep:
    it's not advisable. Try aim for 2, but dont be disappointed if you dont, it takes time. You will get there, dont give up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    :facepalm:

Sounding like a troll now. But if you're serious, don't be stupidddddd, you will end up dead
    No, she won't. She'll probably just end up bingeing and/or piling to weight back on when she's killed her metabolism and realised that it is not sustainable in the long term.

ReputationRep:
    If you're male, eat 2500 a day, female eat 2000. Cutting calories is only going to put your body into starvation mode and your body will go after your muscle. Then when you increase your intake, your body will store more of it because it's still in starvation mode, so you'll just put it all back on.

If you currently eat more than 2500/2000, drop it to that. If you eat that, switch it to healthy food. Simple stuff like replacing crisps with fruit, removing super high fat foods totally and things like chips start off by doing them in the oven. And exercise. It'll take longer, but you'll end up better off for it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You need to alter your lifestyle - not try stupidly rapid weight loss. You need to eat better and exercise more - you have only mentioned shedding the weight with a drastic diet nd not by burning more calories with exercise. This is a long term thing - not an 8 week thing.

ReputationRep:
    Usually I say don't feel the troll. But in this case, somebody bloody feed the troll or else they're gonna die.

ReputationRep:
    try the cabbage soup diet, it won't be fun but it'll lose you a lot of weight

source: my dad has done it

he did 1 month of it at start of summer and lose 11 kilos (1.7 stone) in 4 weeks, in conjunction with light CV

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't advise it.

I think the guidance is 2 pounds a week. That way you are more likely to be successful in the long-term.

Please be careful. Losing a lot of weight fast can be really bad for your body.

ReputationRep:
    I know pretty much nothing about epilepsy, but couldn't you ask your doctor(s) if they could put you on a different medication? Then you could diet a slower rate, and it'd be easier to keep your weight in the long term. And I really wouldn't advise 4 stone in 8 weeks. You should aim for at least double that time; losing weight that fast can be dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrselfdestruct)
    I used to be skinny until i was 16 and was diagnosed with epilepsy, the medication i take made me put on loads of weight and now its time to get rid.

Can I lose 4 stone in 8 weeks?
    Yes, it is possible, through starvation and A LOT of exercise. The results will be that you will lose a lot of WATER WEIGHT and muscle, thus giving you the appearance of an untoned, saggy, smaller body. And what will you do after these 8 weeks, when you go to uni, that is? Drink most likely and have take aways; both which contain high calories. Considering your body has been in "starvation mode" it will absorb as much fat as possible becuase it simply thinks it's dying (which it is). You will then, most likely, put all the weight, plus more back on.
    You should aim for a more realistic goal....2 stone seems reasonable. This way, you know you've lost weight HEALTHY and it's gunna stay off! :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    You could, not healthily. I lost 3 in 8 weeks, and in hindsight, I should have slowed down.
    Why should you have slowed down? Do you have any side effects now?

ReputationRep:
    why did you bother asking for advice on here if you're just gonna ignore what everyone says and go and do it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    4 Stone in 8 weeks = not good!
    Like most people say above its just not sustainable and when you finnish dieting your likely to put it all back on at a similar rate to what you lost it.
    Also loosing weight this quickly does not give ur skin time to adjust and therefore you may end up with a lot of loose skin which wont be attractive and ull probably want to get rid of and i think the only way you could do that wud be to have plastic surgery that u might even have to pay for? (not sure about this)
    2 stone in 8 weeks sounds better and certainly wudnt recommened dieting even though it seems like a quick fix you must think of the consquences afterwards.
    Exercising is defiently the key not cutting out calories.

ReputationRep:
    You can't do that much weight in such a little time span, its unhealthy and as soon as you start eating normally again, it'll go back on. I suggest you do a plan like Weight Watchers and lose it gradually and keep it off, combine it with regular exercise and it'll fall off. Crash dieting is not healthy and it'll only lead to more health problems-my friends mum ended up with diabetes after years of crash dieting. Not to mention oesteoporosis and looking and feeling like hell for 8 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out what im gunna have and its 350 calories a day but seems quite healthy really, chicken, eggs and celery plus 2 vegetables
    That's insane. You will quite literally 'self destruct'* Try more like 1500 and get plenty of exercise. At the end of the day I'd rather be a bit more overweight and have a non-buggered heart. Also how much do you weigh now?

*see what I did there:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Your username is rather ironic considering the preposterous things you've said you're going to do.

Don't be thick. I'm sure you're well aware that 4 stone in 8 weeks isn't realistic nor healthy. Starving yourself is a highly unintelligent way to go about this.

Eat a varied, balanced diet and exercise regularly. Take the time to lose weight. Don't fad diet or crash diet because they don't work - at uni, most people put on weight anyway, so it's not realistic to think you're going to be able to keep up such a strict diet - not without killing yourself anyway.

(Original post by BrightGirl)
    Why should you have slowed down? Do you have any side effects now?
    Losing more muscle mass than I should have done. Could have damaged my health by more than I did.

ReputationRep:
    Go on lighter life or the cambridge diet, then you probably will.

ReputationRep:
    well, I cant change meds because nothing else works
    I plan on exercising lots as wel.... i know muscle weighs more than fat so it'll be a long process

My meal plan for today has been 1 slice of toast in the morning, 1 tin of tuna for lunch and I plan on having 2 poached eggs for dinner. This is in addition to 2 litres of water/green tea and aerobic/anaerobic exercise

Lastly I dont drink alcohol and I prefer home cooked meals to takeaways and am a pretty good cook.

ReputationRep:
    well, I cant change meds because nothing else works
    I plan on exercising lots as wel.... i know muscle weighs more than fat so it'll be a long process

My meal plan for today has been 1 slice of toast in the morning, 1 tin of tuna for lunch and I plan on having 2 poached eggs for dinner. This is in addition to 2 litres of water/green tea and aerobic/anaerobic exercise

Lastly I dont drink alcohol and I prefer home cooked meals to takeaways and am a pretty good cook.
    Yeah man, that slice of toast must have been delicious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.