Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met this guy recently, who is really successful in life and just in every way perfect. He is really sweet and we just clicked. But I have a bf who I love very very very very much and who means the world to me. This other guy knows this but he keeps trying to make an effort to win me over. He texts me about thirty times a day, and he comes to see me at my house and always wants to take me out. He texts me good morning and good night, says he thinks about me all the time, and is just so caring. So far I haven't answered his advances, maybe flirted casually but I would never leave my bf for him or ever cheat on my bf. I don't want to lead this guy on, but I don't know how make his feelings go away. I feel bad telling him to stop and not send me sweet texts. I always talk about my bf infront of him and how much I love him, but he once said that me having a bf doesn't stop other people from loving me.

I feel like I am cheating on my bf by even seeing this guy or leading him on, but I don't know how to end these advances, affection etc. He writes me poetry and his messages just ooze love!

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him straight up you don't want him to contact you again, tell him you will ignore anything he sends to you and that you do not want him to make any approaches in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Choose

(Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Just tell him straight up you don't want him to contact you again, tell him you will ignore anything he sends to you and that you do not want him to make any approaches in real life.
    I just feel like thats a harsh thing to say to someone who has shown you so much attention and care. Had he approached me in any kind of sexual way I would have been rude, but he hasn't even hinted at anything sexual and has just been really emotional with me. I just wonder if sitting him down and explaining things to him would make more sense.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.