Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    QM was my insurance uni, and after missing my IB offer for my first choice by a few, I'm heading to London. My only problem is that everyone who had it as their first choice applied for accommodation a month ago, leaving me a bit stuck. The website says it is not guarenteed for insurance places, and I still havent heared from the uni, who are meant to contact me when they get my results.
    Has this happened to anyone? Or does anyone know whether or not I won't get a place to live as it is limited?

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frosklingjess)
    Hey all,
    QM was my insurance uni, and after missing my IB offer for my first choice by a few, I'm heading to London. My only problem is that everyone who had it as their first choice applied for accommodation a month ago, leaving me a bit stuck. The website says it is not guarenteed for insurance places, and I still havent heared from the uni, who are meant to contact me when they get my results.
    Has this happened to anyone? Or does anyone know whether or not I won't get a place to live as it is limited?

Thanks guys
    Give the Residences office a ring:

020 7882 5522

Places for people who had QMUL as an insurance choice are quite rare, though not unheard of. But yeah, the sooner you ring them and plead your case (especially since you live in Wales which is really far from London), they might give you a place.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened to me, from wales too! Get in touch and get your application in soon! Your lucky as IB results come out sooner. I missed out on halls first year, there's plenty of private accommodation available. Don't wait around for the accom office though!

Good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. It's all sorted now aswell.
    Elsie, what do you take?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.