Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My bf of 4 years hacked into my Facebook account Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least he knows you well enough to guess your password! At-least you cant complain that he never tries to socialize with your friends either :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mario88)
    He told me he hacked into my Facebook account recently and I was really shocked. I am really frustrated and I think that I deserve to be trusted. Trust is the foundation of a relationship. What shall I do? What would anyone do if they were in my position?

Get the **** over it...

Its not like he killed your mother

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the seriousness, if you had nothing to hide it shouldn't be such a big deal

ReputationRep:
    There must be a reason for him doing that to check up on you ( I dont mean you have done anything wrong, just he must feel nervous about something).

I know that my girlsfriends ex kept trying to add her as a friend and she kept this quiet from me incase I got angry. I did the opposite and added him as a friend just to piss him off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    Get the **** over it...

Its not like he killed your mother
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    shes blates been chatting lads up on it, hence why she was so annoyed.
    If nothing to hide, why not give him your password like my GF does for me. Not that i ever go on it, far more important things to do than tag people in photos.
    No wonder kids are getting so fat nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I love how if it was her hacking into his account everyone would be against her but when it's him she should just get over it.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    if you have nothing to hide why do you care? my boyfriend knows my passwords and i know his cos neither of us have anything to keep from each other.

ReputationRep:
    That's completely out of order, however, his intent may not have been all that bad. I think that you need to sit down and speak to him, find out what his reasoning was and why he felt the need to do that. Is this a one-off or a regular thing? May be worth considering. x

ReputationRep:
    the point is not whether you have anything to hide or not. the point is, everybody has to have their personal and private space and the OP just had hers violated. this is not acceptable and the OP needs to sit her boyfriend down and ask him why he did it and then decide if she wants to stay with him or not - personally, like randdom said, it's something forgivable.

ReputationRep:
    It is illegal. Tell him this. Also tell him your are very unhappy about what he has done.
    Now change your password to a stronger one and if it is the same as other accounts (e.g. email) change them too.

Also ask him why he did it.

ReputationRep:
    press charges!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    unless you have something to hide, where is the big deal in it? my and my gf know each others passwords to nigh on everything.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Why did he do it in the first place? :dontknow: If it's because he's insecure you really need to work on that. If it's because you've acted dodgy in the past then he clearly can't trust you... Sort it out Either way that was pretty out of order.

I think my boyfriend knows my password already to be honest (I generally use the same one for anything) and because I have nothing to hide I wouldn't care... Would be nice to know if he was logging in though :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    1) Change your password (don't forget to change in other websites in which you use the same password)

2) Block/delete him in facebook, msn, etc.

3) Dump him

ReputationRep:
    (im guessing) they have sex... how much more of an invasion of a personal space can you get?

anyway its not neccassarily about whether OP has done anything wrong but clearly quite a few people dont care whether their partner knows passwords. i simply dont cos i know my bfs. its a level of trust we have reached

ReputationRep:
    Going on your partners (of four years!) facebook isn't an invasion of privacy at all, after such a long time together it shouldn't even register as a blip on your radar. Unless you've got an online alter ego that picks up other guys via facebook, I don't see how this is a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    How do you know he hacked it? Are you sure you didn't leave it logged in?
    He probably guessed the password recovery question, which is a common trait whenever you know the person really well. They're likely to know the name of your first pet or your mother's maiden name! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    No blow jobs for a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    the point is not whether you have anything to hide or not. the point is, everybody has to have their personal and private space and the OP just had hers violated. this is not acceptable
    This.

It's especially important to keep a long term relationship going because otherwise you'll just tire of the other person/or end up driving one another away.

Plus having you're own private life is the closest you can get in a LTR to mystery/challenge etc which you need.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.