Turn on thread page Beta

I won't put a cap on immigration vows Alan Johnson watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renner)
    What’s right and wrong is entirely subjective so irrelevant. But I would say its wrong for a government not to put its own people first, there are other organisations out there such as the UN to tackle world poverty.

What he was getting at (I think) is that in the real word right and wrong do not matter in the slightest
    I was really just getting at the fact that even if we did open our borders (not that they're exactly closed at the minute) and made an active effort to bring as many people as possible into this country, the difference it would make to world poverty would be absolutely zero and the quality of life for everyone on this island would suffer simply so that we can say, "we tried".

ReputationRep:
    I see nothing wrong with what he's said. Good man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8 is enough)
    You really are an idiot
    Hypocrite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8 is enough)
    An extra 10 million people will not mean that I live hours from work and can only afford a "postage stamp-sized hovel", your just exaggerating to make your argument sound more plausible.
    We'll see. The extra bodies will put such stress on transport infrastructure that neither the roads nor the rail network is likely to be able to cope. As for property prices, they will rise inexorably over the long term as demand increases and the supply of houses and land does not fulfil the need. Those looking to buy houses for the first time are already finding it extremely difficult - and many have to share. In five years time it will be much worse. When will you graduate and come onto the housing market?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    1)That's not the point, White people are treat preferentially in every country.
    Lol. Do you actually have any proof or are you just talking nonsense in a hope that if you repeat it enough times it'll become true?

2)I didn't say that white people are all responsible, I was referring to history. How white people historically treated people of other races as apposed how ethnic minorities treat white people.
    I do in fact think you'll find that the only people who think this is an issue of 'race' are the people who want that to be the case. Colonialism was nothing to do with white vs. black; it was about the advanced and economically developed vs. those who could be exploited. To attach a race-tag to it only exists to feed those seeking redemption in the present day under an emotive guise.

ReputationRep:
    No the experience is what matters not the financial status of the country. This country is not overcrowded so I don't know what you're one about maybe in South East because that's the financial hub of the country. Tourists who come here and go back contribute 15 Billion pounds a year to this country, secondly as I said before Asians/Africans all come here to work, £60 on benefits in this country is laughable. The major reason they come to this country is because of the English language. English is the mother language most people can only communicate with it outside their language. Otherwise most people would go to Spain,Germany,France who have better welfare systems. Soft touch on immigrants..... right
    This country is overcrowded, think about it's size.

Asians and Africans all come here to work? You are a politically correct joke.

Yeah, I'm sure the English language is what they are thinking of when they pass through most of Europe to get to us :rolleyes:.

Please tell me what type of propganda you mean, if you mean respecting someone's culture and religion is propaganda which is basically what we're taught in school then I don't whats wrong with that, what sort of propoganda are you actually talking about.
    Who is told to respect all the various cultures and religions? The white majority. Proof of this anti-white,racism only swinging one way attitude is in the example I gave you about a news report and your judgements upon it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    Who is told to respect all the various cultures and religions? The white majority. Proof of this anti-white,racism only swinging one way attitude is in the example I gave you about a news report and your judgements upon it.
    I don't what kind of education you've been receiving, but ever since my education started I've had to learn about British history, right up until the present day where I'm learning about decolonisation. Nothing really to respect about our past, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Sorry, it's already been done. I think you know what I mean. :wink2:
    Oh I see :rolleyes:

Well taking into account the amount of Sharia courts in the UK at the moment, as well as the segregation, as well as the fact that Muslims reproduce at a far quicker rate than others do, as well as the fundamentalist poison that is spread by Al Qaeda-loving imams who hate the country they're no doubt claiming benefits from. Yes.
    Sharia courts are not valid in this country, they carry no weight in the legal system, they're made for the comfort of the two parties in question. At anytime the high court can immediately overrule any decision made by these so called courts. I have totally no support to these courts or Sharia law, if you want to live in this country abide by its laws but if you're pretending that these courts are in someway taking over or bypassing the current laws then you need to research things before you believe them.

are you saying that ethnic minorities maliciously reproduce faster to "colonize" or ethnically cleanse this country?

ReputationRep:
    Sharia courts are not valid in this country, they carry no weight in the legal system, they're made for the comfort of the two parties in question. At anytime the high court can immediately overrule any decision made by these so called courts. I have totally no support to these courts or Sharia law, if you want to live in this country abide by its laws but if you're pretending that these courts are in someway taking over or bypassing the current laws then you need to research things before you believe them.
    Yes, I know they exist for the Islamic community, but then how many non-Sharia courts exist for foreign settlers in Saudi Arabia? Whatever your religion, you should adhere to the laws of the nation in which you are settled; not some infused 'church/judiciary', alien, misogynistic, barbaric, anti-British institution that transcends the nation. This 'overtolerance' is an ominous sign of how far things will be allowed to go.

are you saying that ethnic minorities maliciously reproduce faster to "colonize" or ethnically cleanse this country?
    No. I didn't say anything about it being deliberate. Only, when in the past Islam expanded by means of war and conflict, today it's being done by legal, uncontrolled mass immigration (and the reproduction that follows). It just so happens that they reproduce quicker. There's no rationale behind it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Do you actually have any proof or are you just talking nonsense in a hope that if you repeat it enough times it'll become true?
    Come on.... have you ever been on Alitalia

I do in fact think you'll find that the only people who think this is an issue of 'race' are the people who want that to be the case. Colonialism was nothing to do with white vs. black; it was about the advanced and economically developed vs. those who could be exploited. To attach a race-tag to it only exists to feed those seeking redemption in the present day under an emotive guise.
    No colonialism was a result of an expedition by a British priest who went around Africa to evangelize its citizens or in other words to "save the savages". This was then the best cover to go and exploit those countries. Funny thing is, economic exploitation arises from perceived supremacism, that's why during the period of "Good British Governance" 25 million Indians were killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Wow, what a great argument you put fowards there.
    I guess I'm in good company

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know they exist for the Islamic community, but then how many non-Sharia courts exist for foreign settlers in Saudi Arabia? Whatever your religion, you should adhere to the laws of the nation in which you are settled; not some infused 'church/judiciary', alien, misogynistic, barbaric, anti-British institution that transcends the nation. This 'overtolerance' is an ominous sign of how far things will be allowed to go.
    Firstly as far as I know Sharia courts are not applicable to non Muslims. Saudi Arabia has never applied Sharia law to Western citizens, I have never heard of a British citizen getting flogged for drinking alcohol in Saudi Arabia, funnily enough they provide those kind of things in Sharia abiding Saudi Arabia, UAE and nearly the majority of the Gulf.

No. I didn't say anything about it being deliberate. Only, when in the past Islam expanded by means of war and conflict, today it's being done by legal, uncontrolled mass immigration (and the reproduction that follows). It just so happens that they reproduce quicker. There's no rationale behind it.
    this mass immigration is a facade, it certainly doesn't apply to your hated third worlders.

ReputationRep:
    Come on.... have you ever been on Alitalia
    Explain

No colonialism was a result of an expedition by a British priest who went around Africa to evangelize its citizens or in other words to "save the savages". This was then the best cover to go and exploit those countries. Funny thing is, economic exploitation arises from perceived supremacism, that's why during the period of "Good British Governance" 25 million Indians were killed.
    Maybe it came from perceived supremacism but this was nothing to do with an intrinsically racist attitude FFS! It was as a result of technological and economic superiority. What do you expect? A 19th century Empire not to try and Christianize the people under its control? To put a mere side-effect down to deliberate racism is utterly ridiculous, and, as someone mentioned above, don't impose today's standards on the past. Anachronism is probably the greatest intellectual crime going.

ReputationRep:
    I support no cap on immigration for the sake of refugees and asylum seekers, as opposed to freedom of movement within the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    I support no cap on immigration for the sake of refugees and asylum seekers, as opposed to freedom of movement within the EU.
    That's fine aslong as international asylum law is abided by- asylum seekers must go to the nearest safe country.

So we should only ever take asylum seekers from France and Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    Given that the internationally-recognised laws of asylum insist that refugees seek asylum in the first safe country they come to, one has to wonder how so many manage to end up in Britain before seeking asylum, having passed across the whole of western Europe. Britain, by virtue of its position on the extreme edge of Europe, should receive very few in the normal course of events. This is a clue that most of them aren't genuine asylum seekers but econmic migrants.

ReputationRep:
    Britain is full!

All immigration should be stopped! All white British people should stop breeding because the country is full! No more babies! Abortions for all! To free up some resources in our full country I propose we kill all above the age of 70 because the country is full!

If our country is full then surely we should be stopping people from having kids or something, seeing as we're running out of resources pretty quickly. I mean, you're only tackling 9% of the population here, that wouldn't solve the problem of an overcrowded Britain.

(Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    Asians and Africans all come here to work? You are a politically correct joke.
    But that doesn't mean they only come to leech off the state like the selfish foreigners that they are. :rolleyes:

Your views are just as polarized as someone who believes that all immigrants are fine upstanding people. The world isn't simply black and white.

Spoiler:
    Show
    OH WAIT FOR YOU IT IS LOL XD

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...why did the OP get a PermBan?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...why did the OP get a PermBan?
    Probably the élite few liberal Zionist Islamist Communist asylum seekers that run TSR :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Given that the internationally-recognised laws of asylum insist that refugees seek asylum in the first safe country they come to, one has to wonder how so many manage to end up in Britain before seeking asylum,

i thought this was common knowledge:rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.