Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I won't put a cap on immigration vows Alan Johnson Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    its not as if we were the only country colonizing others.
    if britain didnt do it france or someone would have
    Doesn't really excuse it, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgecopter)
    Wait what I don't get it you're against immigration but you yourself are not ethnically British? lolwhat.jpg
    Yeah does that make your brain explode :rolleyes:

I live in Bradford and Pakistanis hate the Poles that arrived in the last few years, often ethnic minorities are the most vocal opponents of immigration - they usually have to deal with the influx. And incredibly us ethnics have the same concerns as honkeys...I want to buy a house, not live in a crowded country .etc. For the record I am not against immigration, I am for controlled immigration - like the system in place in Australia, Canada .etc.

ReputationRep:
    And you people all seem to wonder why much of the Intelligent White English lot are all jumping on planes to Australia at the first chance they get?

because they don't let this happen,
    to get into Australia you need to be skilled to get in
    you need to have good English to get in...
    they keep their population down, at the moment around 20million live there.

and the fact is, it's the 3rd best place in the World for quality of life, behind Iceland and Norway.
    Personally, I see a correlation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    wow the BNP views are out in force

immigration is good, if people want to come and work to better then self, to live in a more richer country and one that is not being ripped apart by war, and live in freedom, the freedoms we have for most people across the world is rare, for some your be killed for talking against your leaders

to be fair we as the west are to blame for the way most of these counties are, we walked in took what we want, and left, leaving the land unusable for farming, ripped about counties, war torn
    I'm sick of this self loathing Western attitude. What we did to them was no different to what they would have done to us given half a chance. You say anyone from a crappy country should be able to come here to have a better life, but you oppose us taking the reigns to increase their standard of living? Basically they can come here and be Imperialised but it is totally wrong for us to go to their country and impose it, even if 99% of the country would benefit?

There is also still plenty of stuff we want from Africa as well. Much of the land is perfectly usable, they are just useless at using it, which is also not our fault. And if they want to kick the white farmers out who feed them they shouldn't come knocking on our door when they are hungry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Yeah does that make your brain explode :rolleyes:

I live in Bradford and Pakistanis hate the Poles that arrived in the last few years, often ethnic minorities are the most vocal opponents of immigration - they usually have to deal with the influx. And incredibly us ethnics have the same concerns as honkeys...I want to buy a house, not live in a crowded country .etc. For the record I am not against immigration, I am for controlled immigration - like the system in place in Australia, Canada .etc.
    Oh right that's cool.

I'm not for unrestricted immigration either - obviously every case has to be decided on an individual basis and it would be naive to say either it should be stopped or it should be completely open.

ReputationRep:
    wow the BNP views are out in force
    thats abit harsh.
    so we cant be against immigration without being BNP nazi racist scum?:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgecopter)
    Oh right that's cool.

I'm not for unrestricted immigration either - obviously every case has to be decided on an individual basis and it would be naive to say either it should be stopped or it should be completely open.
    Good good.

ReputationRep:
    the whole white people are better then any race, is a bit BNP like :p:
    Nobody here has said that here to my knowledge, and that isn't a BNP viewpoint in any case.

ReputationRep:
    how would like it if someone tried changing your whole way of life
    That is what we are in the process of now.

If it was wrong to Britain to go to Africa and turn it into a little bit of Britain, then it is wrong for Africa to come to Britain and turn it in a little bit of Africa.

ReputationRep:
    being against immigration is not a BNP view, just the way some people are coming across with it, the whole white people are better then any race, is a bit BNP like :p:
    What has that got to do with immigration? Race shouldn't even come into it.

ReputationRep:
    so if roles where the other way around, you won't want to come to a better country

i wonder who did that, making them useless are using it, they was fine before we started, you have the whole farmers make more money from bio-fuel, then growing for food, cos that what our markets want

yeah it is a bit wrong to go to a country to change their whole way of live for profit and gain that won't get down to them till that get their 1p per what ever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_wro...right_(fallacy)

There

ReputationRep:
    I dont. Thats why i despise the Government and the EU.

Immigration policy should be completely different. More restrictive, so we can cherry pick the people we need. Skills shortages are rife, so we do need SKILLED people. Migrants from various countries who aren't skilled are of detriment, not advantage to the nation, and should be limited severely in terms of newcomers. The people we need are the likes of carpenters, plumbers, engineers of all descriptions (although not too many because i like my future high wages :p: ), doctors, electricians etc. A more pragmatic approach would be better for Britain.

And whats with some people's arguments saying what right do we have to say no to mass immigration, like we have some moral duty to take on the whole Third World and place it in Birmingham or Leeds? Of course we have the right. We are taxpayers and voters to Britain, so what we say should[I go. I would not want to be on an overcrowded island, unable to get a dentist, cheap accomodation, doctors appointments or a seat on a train.

In terms of policy on immigration and population, the countries that have it right IMO are Australia and China. And if this country keeps on the way it is, the most British places left on Earth will be Australia, Canada and New Zealand. And right now, all three of them are preferable to being like a ******* penguin on this island.

ReputationRep:
    we are in the process of people trying to change our way of life, due to immigration, which redtop are you reading,

i live in a area which has a high number of people due to immigration, none of them are trying to change my way of life, they are not coming up to me tell me i can't do this or that
    Multiculturalism by it's very nature dilutes the native culture. As more and more immigration waves hit our shores, the more the native culture is displaced,mixed and diluted.

ReputationRep:
    but our whole cultural is built on immigration, this country throughout history has been invaded, taken over, people moving throughout the world, our cultural some will say is more American like, the way we are pumped with stuff from American is doing the same as immigration, diluting cultural some would say
    Some would say that.

Doesn't mean I can't oppose cultural change though ( or destruction,as the case may well be).

I happen to think the previous culture we had as a homogenous nation was sucessful and worth sustaining.

ReputationRep:
    but our whole cultural is built on immigration, this country throughout history has been invaded, taken over, people moving throughout the world, our cultural some will say is more American like, the way we are pumped with stuff from American is doing the same as immigration, diluting cultural some would say
    you cant really compare being invaded to allowing people to come and live here.
    invasions usually invole violence and stuff, its not as if the natives ever wanted to be invaded. they just had no choice, where as immigration we do have a choice.
    america was built on immigration, britain wasnt really

I'm happy with what Alan Johnson said. If managed well, the increased pressures on healthcare and education can be funded by the increased tax revenue. The pressures on some social services, such as pensions, will go down because immigration increases the ratio of taxpayers to retired.

It is interesting to see how the public views immigration, and how it is treated as such an emotive issue by many. The underlying motivations behind the emotive responses are not always clear.

ReputationRep:
    so if roles where the other way around, you won't want to come to a better country

i wonder who did that, making them useless are using it, they was fine before we started, you have the whole farmers make more money from bio-fuel, then growing for food, cos that what our markets want

yeah it is a bit wrong to go to a country to change their whole way of live for profit and gain that won't get down to them till that get their 1p per what ever

How would I like it if someone was trying to change my whole way of life? I'd hate it. Do you not think that 30% of this country being minorities is going to change my whole way of life?

There are plenty of countries capable of feeding the whole of Africa who aren't growing because the corrupt governments have ruined everything, if our government was still in charge we'd still at the very least keep them well fed, if not more. We ruled through compliance with the locals, meaning there was a whole heirarchy through which we governed. Each stage of the heirarchy recieved a higher level of pay, so some people were getting better and better lives. Look at India, everything they have today is thanks to us: their roads, their government, and their railway system. As far as I can tell they were allowed to keep much of their culture too.

Of course I would want to leave for a better life, that goes without saying. But the way I see it, saying its ok for one to come for a better life and not the other million just doesn't work, it's kind of all or nothing. Out of interest would you be ok with a homeless person forcing his way into your home? Afterall that homeless person has a right to a better life, it doesn't matter that you have worked hard in our system to get the house you live in, he deserves to be in there by virtue of his very existence.

ReputationRep:
    Our culture is built on migration from Northern European nations who already had an obvious cultural similitude to the native settlers of Britain (Saxon, Jute, Angles, Gauls, Normans etc. having developed under same geographical and climatic conditions). To compare this modest - gradual - change to the unprecedented turnaround caused by mass immigration from the Third World (with very little cultural similitude) today is simply absurd. Although the influences of other European interventions and a movement towards secularism post-Enlightenment have altered the manifestations of our periphery culture; traditional British culture consists of those that form the spine. For the sake of argument these are those things that can be considered exclusively British and those things that have been consistently present across the past 3,000 years. Third World immigration doesn't only threaten to work around this spine. It threatens to destroy this spine altogether. Plus, Britain is a culturally Christian country, and with the influx of various alien religions, one which specifically orders to "take not the Jews and Christians for your friends" and "slaughter the infidels" - being disgustingly mysoginistic in addition - others encouraging female circumcision and torture of children on the suspicions of witchcraft, then yes, I'd certainly say that Third World immigration is totally incompatible with British cultural and moral values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    I'm happy with what Alan Johnson said. If managed well, the increased pressures on healthcare and education can be funded by the increased tax revenue. The pressures on some social services, such as pensions, will go down because immigration increases the ratio of taxpayers to retired.

It is interesting to see how the public views immigration, and how it is treated as such an emotive issue by many. The underlying motivations behind the emotive responses are not always clear.
    really its strange how divided it is.
    its suprising how little its discussed.
    its almost as if people wont touch it with a 10 ft barge pole as they are 100% going to disagree with someone and loose them votes.

ReputationRep:
    Something that really anoyed me today was when I walked down the streets of Leeds and saw a pakistani wearing a germany football shirt with klose on his back - I would be close to saying it was a political statement. That shows what some immigrants think of this country. The equivalent would be me walking down the streets of pakistan with an india cricket shirt! I would probably be stoned to death if I tried that.

The elite who continue to rob us (as bonuses are up for the banks this year - higher than what they were in 2007 (boom year) (source: daily mail) - payed for by the taxpayer, our currency is devalued thanks to the banks - if we refuse to give the elite their money we will be thrown into prison for not paying taxes - legalised robbery!) have brought about mass immigration in order to destroy nationalism - the only thing holding back the EU super state and then eventually the New world order (one world, no nations).

Some people may think no nations and no borders is a good thing. Only if your a monopoly capitalist, only if your part of the ruling elite! It's all about power - the elite have tonnes of it but when you have power you are scared of losing it - the one world solution is all about protecting their monopoly forever!

People forget that the elite are actually probably the biggest racists of all. Think Prince Harry and his nazi uniform for that party a few years ago. The elite sponsored the Nazi's in world water II (rothschild). The advancing police state - the destruction of civil liberties show just what they are about. The war on terror is an example (the CIA funded resistance in afghanistan to fight the Soviet Union - indirectly this has contributed lead to the taliban today). The elite also sponsored communism. The elite like communism and fascism they are two sides of the same coin - they concentrate power into the hands of the elite and take it away from the ordinary person. Think about how many people died in world war 1 and 2. Think about the millions that Communism in the Soviet Union and in China killed and the Fascists of Nazi Germany. The elite have no morals - they are not nice, you dont agree with the party line or they just plain dont like you - of to the concentration camp you go.

The motto for the new world order is order out of chaos. Mass immigration brings about division and chaos. We will not be able to fight back when the time comes because we will be too busy fighting each other (some blacks in the usa just voted for obama because he was black - why should it be one group of people against another in your own country?). We will not be able to fight back against our countrys sovereignty being destroyed by the EU and globalists wanting a new world order because we will become a country with no national identity - the birth rate is 1.6 in this country (according to the telegraph) and replacement level is 2.1 so the people of our country are dying out. The government should thus be encourgaing us to have more children if we want to maintain our population levels but it doesn't because conveniently for these traitors (who only serve the elite) they have flooded this country with immigrants so actually population doens't decrease it's going up. So to encourage more births would not make any sense to the electorate. What we are creating is massive demographic change - just what the elite want. In no time we will live in a country with a small percentage identifying themselves as white english and then a large percentage of immigrants (who will probably have no loyalty to this country - would they take a bullet for this country? Nationalism scares the bankers (yes they did sponsor fascism but they never wanted them to win -(the nazis had developed plans for stealth bombers 30 years before the USA - if they had been used, the nazis would have won world war 2! (source: daily mail).

Those are my thoughts. Go to www.henrymakow.ca and read what he has to say on the new world order - he words it better than me! The full archive of articles in not working on his site for some reason so try: http://www.rense.com/Datapages/henrym.htm

So for my opinion on the thread title? Alan Johnson = just another 'useful idiot' for the elite! :rolleyes:

edit: corrected a small inaccuracy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.