Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,
    I have just accepted my place for MSc Marketing at Aston Business School.
    I will like to know all my class m8s and know a bit abt them b4 we meet.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jasmeet,
    I'm in the European Master in Management program doing the Marketing specialization, so it's possible that we may be in a course together. Do you know if you will be taking any of the following?

- Marketing strategy
    - Integrated marketing communications
    - e-marketing
    - International marketing management
    - Foundations of marketing science
    - Marketing psychology
    - Principles of services marketing
    - Services marketing management
    - 21st Century retailing
    - Marketing channels and strategic sales force management

If so, I'll see you at Aston

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuckyJinx)
    Hi Jasmeet,
    I'm in the European Master in Management program doing the Marketing specialization, so it's possible that we may be in a course together. Do you know if you will be taking any of the following?

- Marketing strategy
    - Integrated marketing communications
    - e-marketing
    - International marketing management
    - Foundations of marketing science
    - Marketing psychology
    - Principles of services marketing
    - Services marketing management
    - 21st Century retailing
    - Marketing channels and strategic sales force management

If so, I'll see you at Aston

Hi lucky,
    I will be taking 4 of the above modules.
    will Love to see u at aston!
    hv u applied for accommodation??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've applied for and accepted accommodation in Gem House. Another guy in my program will also be doing some of these modules and staying in the same flat as me; he's really nice . What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Gem House, Never heard of it.. Is it university accommodation? I was thinkin af applyin to lakeside!

ReputationRep:
    It's lowrise accommodation, yeah. Lakeside was tempting, but too expensive for me--in the States I had a fully-furnished 1-bedroom apartment with ensuite full kitchen/shower/toilet for less money =/

ReputationRep:
    I know it's very expensive. Do they have any system in which we can stay in the uni accommodation for one term and then move to private accommodation? That way it will be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmeet)
    I know it's very expensive. Do they have any system in which we can stay in the uni accommodation for one term and then move to private accommodation? That way it will be cheaper.
    I don't know if it's changed since I first applied but then you could only move out if you found someone else to move in and take over your rent, otherwise you were still tied into the contract and had to pay for the remaining weeks even if you weren't living there.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean private halls? Because they are as expensive if not more than Lakeside.

ReputationRep:
    In my searches, I have found private halls to be more expensive. If you mean private accommodation as in your own apartment, you can find some cheaper but you might have to live 15-20 min away and pay for public transportation. Either way, it's not really ideal, but at least living on campus lets me sleep a little longer...

ReputationRep:
    nice, then living on campus it is!!1
    can some1 also tell me hw far is aston Business school frm Lakeside??

ReputationRep:
    nice, then living on campus it is!!1
    can some1 also tell me hw far is aston Business school frm Lakeside??
    The Business School Building (Nelson Building) is a 5 minute walk max. across campus from Lakeside and the same for the main building where I believe the MSc Business admin offices are. It's slightly less of a walk from standard accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx Gillipies.
    Hope to see you At Aston.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jasmeet
    I am in for MSc Marketing at Aston Business School. Hope to see u at Aston!

ReputationRep:
    Nice varun.Were u frm??

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I'm going to be studying International Business MSc starting in September, but I thought I'd say hi anyway. I did my BSc at Aston and so I'm staying on. Just thought I'd let you know a few things.
    Gem House is a low-rise accommodation (only 3 floors) which is both good/bad. I lived in low-rise in my first year and I loved it, even though it didn't have en suite accommodation. It's a pretty old building, but more sociable than the en suite accommodation available. It's a lot cheaper and most importantly, I guarantee you that you'll never have fire alarms go off at 4am (unlike the high-rise towers) as there won't be any drunk 1st years playing pranks. It's also the closest accommodation to the uni (you can literally get out of bed at 8.55am for your 9am lectures).

I'm going to be an Auntie in Fresher's Week and International Fresher's Week - so I'll be helping you move in and picking you up from the airport, etc. If you have any questions, just send me a message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Nice varun.Were u frm??
    Hey Jasmeet, I am from India. How about ya?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el_ham1987)
    Hi everyone.
    I'm going to be studying International Business MSc starting in September, but I thought I'd say hi anyway.
    I'm going to be an Auntie in Fresher's Week and International Fresher's Week.
    Hey,
    What is "Aston Auntie" (sorry I am dumb). Kindly Elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    Essentially our job is to help you have the best week of your life. This includes supporting you when you move in by carrying your bags from the car, picking you up from the airport if necessary, answering any questions, etc. Each flat on campus is assigned an Auntie who will be responsible for them, and they are your gateway to guild events and societies, other flats, etc. It's an awesome way of making sure everybody gets together and gets involved. They are also responsible for organising society events, Freshers Fair, pub crawls, guild events, etc. We also run campus and city tours during the day to help Freshers find their bearings.

International students arrive a week before normal Freshers - international freshers week - this is to allow them to further acclimatise to life in a different country.

In other words, Aston Aunties are there to facilitate a brilliant week.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Thanks a lot El ham ... Looks like a hectic time for you to make us newbie's have a good time and get acclimatised to the uni. Will message ya if I am curious on knowing more. Thanks once again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.